Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: News as of December 2019?  (Read 5993 times)

Offline solops

News as of December 2019?
« on: December 06, 2019, 05:10:32 PM »
Any news about scenarios or updates?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zovs

Re: News as of December 2019?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
Not a peep!

Talk about all's quite on the forgotten front!  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Started playing board war games around 1975 or so and computer war games around 1995 or so.

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 03:10:18 AM »
Chuckle.  I plan to post status this weekend.
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zovs

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 05:19:44 PM »
+1 and Awesome, thanks Ron!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Started playing board war games around 1975 or so and computer war games around 1995 or so.

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 11:46:26 PM »
Hello,

This is an update on the status of scenario #102 WWII-Europe Campaign scenario.  As you recall, I am building the data file for the scenario, and working on the Allies side.  The Russians are all that is left to complete the Allied units.

Russian units include:
1.  34 Fronts
2. 101 Armies
3. 430 Rifle Divisions
4. 116 Cavalry Divisions
5. 31 Tank Corps
6. 16 Mech Corps
7. 259 Tank Brigades
8. 69 Mech Brigades
9. 34 Artillery divisions
10. 2 Motorized Divisions

Grand total for the Russians is 1092 units.  Note that the Russian units start out on the Axis side, and the game will convert them to Allies if attacked by Germany, or if the Russian player decides to attack Germany.

Note that the players will have the ability to upgrade an historically accurate number of Russian units of each type to Guard status, along with an increase in AF and DF.  This will be done using the replacement mech and non mech numbers.

I have completed the 430 Rifle divisions, and am now working on the rest of the units.  About 50% done.  Then on to the rest of the Axis.  The upcoming holidays will give me several opportunities to make progress.  Once the data file is released, then I will make it available to everyone for download.  I want to make one pass at listing the rules to be done to make the scenario playable.  Several folks have volunteered to speed up the building of the data file, but I have to do that myself in order to get consistency across the scenario.  Thank you for the offer.  However, what would help greatly, and I would appreciate, is someone making the list of rule changes on this forum.  I will have the final say on whether to implement or not, but would like the "pick list" to be ready when the data file is ready. 

The current list of mandatory changes are:
1. Less tedious railroad moves.  Six hex limit per move will not work for this kind of scenario, where there will be a lot rail movement. Goal is to one click to move once unit and op has been chosen.
2. Release countries to attack.  Allied Units can be moved, but cannot attack until attacked by Axis country. UK and France are triggered by an Axis attack on Poland. Rule is necessary to prevent the AI from launching an all out assault by all countries on Sep 1, 1939.
3. Try a bolder font on the units for readability.
4. Basic political system.  Need more detail on this one before implementation.  Remember the AI has to be political also.  And please no flame wars over current US politics.  :-) For a Campaign scenario, a certain amount of politics is necessary to make the scenario go through the 6 years.
5. Conversion of Russians from Axis to Allied side. Necessary to allow the Russians to attack Poland, and then become part of the Allies when attacked.

Note I have another ~100 comments from past lists in my notebook.  Reminding me that you have submitted the change before does nothing to convince me that it is important to make that change today.  Rationale for why a change is important should be provided.  That is the key to getting a change included.  I did not list the 100, but want to see which ones are still high on every one's list of desired changes.

Thanks in advance for being patient.  We are building something here that is unique.  For those who doubt that this will be done, watch me, I will not be dissuaded from completing. My day job continues to be very demanding, and I have no retirement date from it or from Schwerpunkt.

Merry Christmas!  Happy holidays to all!
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline sPzAbt653

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 07:54:28 AM »
Thanks Ron, Happy Holidays ! Don't forget to add back in Volume Based Supply like in AGW, lol !
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »
Thanks for the update Ron  :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Zovs

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »
Ron,

Any updates?

Progress?

Status?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: