Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: INDIAFOXTECHO - Douglas A-4 Single Seater  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
INDIAFOXTECHO - Douglas A-4 Single Seater
« on: November 26, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
INDIAFOXTECHO - Douglas A-4 Single Seater

Work in progress shot

Douglas A-4 “Skyhawk”

Compatibility:Prepar3Dv4 (P3DV1-3 + FSX Unkiown at this point)

Home page

Model variants
A-4E, -F, G, H
"SuperFox"
Special model for the Blue Angels livery.

The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk is a single-seat subsonic carrier-capable attack aircraft developed for the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps in the early 1950s. The delta-winged, single turbojet engined Skyhawk was designed and produced by Douglas Aircraft Company, and later by McDonnell Douglas. It was originally designated A4D under the U.S. Navy's pre-1962 designation system.

This product is in closed beta as of 26 Nov 2019

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: INDIAFOXTECHO - Douglas A-4 Single Seater
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 12:45:29 AM »
Dev update
2 Dec 2019

By Indiafoxtecho

A-4 Beta test is in progress... as expected, since most of the code comes from the TA-4, there are not many bugs and many of the most difficult ones have been solved. I do not have a release date yet, but should be before christmas...depending on my business travels and workload.

Speaking of releases, both the A-4 and the TA-4 will soon feature an (optional) advanced radar simulation module courtesy of Jonathan Bleeker. Due to a bug in P3D (which is being worked on by LM), this may create some minor visual glitch in some instances... so it is an "opt-in" feature. Anyway it is super cool and it is a much better representation of the real world AN/PNG-53A.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 02:18:23 AM »
Dev update
6 Dec 2019

By Indiafoxtecho

Quick update on the A-4 Beta test progress... as I hoped, there were not many bugs or major problems in the code, at least with respect to the TA-4 quality level.

I have decided to completely redo the manual to reflect the differences between the single and two-seater variants, but since it is about 220 pages long, it will take sometime to complete.

FSX release is still tbd, depending on my workload and sales figures of the TA-4.

It is a separate package but there will be a discount if you own the TA-4.

With the current pace, I expect the package to be released around December 15th (fingers crossed!).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 01:12:48 AM »
Development update
10 Dec 2019

The A-4 single seater is on short final (basically it is just missing some chapters of the flight manual).

The single seater (fingers crossed) will be released during the next weekend - also for P3Dv4.4/4.5. It is a fully independent release, but there will be discounts for owner of the TA-4.

As for the FSX version, I will take a decision once the P3Dv4.4 version is released.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 12:49:05 AM »
Development update
12 Dec 2019

Flight manual for the A-4 single seater is finally complete...this was the most time-consuming open point in the to-do list, so the package is practically ready for release. There are still some minor issue to iron out - and then a couple of days will be needed for the final checks... but I'd say the release is just few days away.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 12:47:54 AM »
Available Here

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 01:11:23 AM »
INDIAFOXTECHO -  A-4E/F/G/H/K "SKYHAWK"

The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk is a single-seat subsonic carrier-capable attack aircraft developed for the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps in the early 1950s. The delta-winged, single turbojet engined Skyhawk was designed and produced by Douglas Aircraft Company, and later by McDonnell Douglas. It was originally designated A4D under the U.S. Navy's pre-1962 designation system.

Compatibility: Prepar3D v4.4+ (FSX, FSX:SE, P3DV2/3 release not yet confirmed)

Home page
Manual
Paint Kit
TacPack Combat System (required for weapons functionality)

INDIAFOXTECHO -  A-4E/F/G/H/K "SKYHAWK"

A detailed rendition of the popular naval jet trainer derived from the "Heinemann's Hot Rod". Features a detailed visual model with multiple liveries, detailed cockpit and realistic flight model.

The Skyhawk is a relatively lightweight aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight of 24,500 pounds (11,100 kg) and has a top speed of more than 670 miles per hour (1,080 km/h). The aircraft's five hardpoints support a variety of missiles, bombs and other munitions. It is capable of carrying a bomb load equivalent to that of a World War II–era Boeing B-17 bomber, and can deliver nuclear weapons using a low-altitude bombing system and a "loft" delivery technique. The A-4 was originally powered by the Wright J65 turbojet engine; from the A-4E onwards, the Pratt & Whitney J52 engine was used.

Skyhawks played key roles in the Vietnam War, the Yom Kippur War, and the Falklands War. Sixty years after the aircraft's first flight in 1954, some of the 2,960 produced (through February 1979) remain in service with the Argentine Air Force and the Brazilian Naval Aviation.

This package depicts a number of different versions of the A-4 family, specifically the A-4E/F and its derivatives (A-4G for Australia, A-4H for Israel and early A-4K for New Zealand). "SuperFox" versions (late A-4F with J-52-P408 engine mostly used for adversary role) are also included.

This model features:

- Detailed external visual models with customizable loads. External visual models include:
   - Older A-4E with no avionics hump
   - Upgraded A-4E with avionics hump
   - A-4F, A-4G, A-4H and early A-4K (before project KAHU)
   - A-4F "SuperFox" including special model for Blue Angels

- Detailed virtual cockpit rendition. NOTE: Only one cockpit model provided: early A-4F model is used for all the visual variants
- Extensive usage of PBR materials
- more than 20 detailed liveries including U.S.Navy and U.S.Marine Corps attack, training and adversary squadrons; Royal Australian Navy, Royal New Zealand Air Force and Israeli Air Force
- Accurate flight model based on real world flight manuals. Different engine performance bewteen -P6, -P8 and -P408 variants.
- Support for VRS Tacpack (required for weapons functionality)
- Compatibility with both VRS Tacpack Carriers and SWS Carrier Environment X (CEX)
- Detailed manual

TACPACK COMBAT SYSTEM

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:35:46 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 01:34:29 AM »
Paint kit available
18 Dec 2019

NOTAM - The paintkit for the A-4 single seater is now available on my blog. It is very similar to the twin seater version and comes with some examples.

Paintkit is availble (117MB): here

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:04 AM »
A-4 SKYHAWK PBR EDITION  Updated to V1.02
Jan 05 2020

A-4 project has been updated to version 1.02 - customers of SimMarket should receive an email notification and can download the new version right now.

A4EFGHKP3Dv44_v102

CHANGE LOG

- Fixed glitch in ADI and backup ADI ball animation.
- Fixed animation glitch in A-4k model stabilizer
- Fixed animation and 3D placement glitch in canopy geometry (all models)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 03:19:20 PM »
A-4 SKYHAWK PBR EDITION  Updated to V1.03
Jan 08 2020

A-4 project has been updated to version 1.03 - customers of SimMarket should receive an email notification and can download the new version right now.

A4EFGHKP3Dv44_v103

CHANGE LOG

- Fixed minor misalignment in texturing coordinates in the windshield area (all models)
- Fixed minor error in texturing coordinates in the empennage area (A-4F only)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 03:21:12 PM »
FSX version update
12 Jan 2020

From the dev:

"I finally have a working build of the A-4 package for Flight Simulator X - it seems good enough for relase already, but it is surely good to make a quick test before releasing it..."

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Rotate McDonnell Douglas MD-80 for X-plane 10

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 5359