Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: Payment methods  (Read 5886 times)

Offline MrsWargamer

Payment methods
« on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:45 AM »
Dang shame, I was hoping to be watching my download of WW2 But was prevented by not having a credit card or paypal.

I buy everything via my debit card directly from my bank account. I do this with everything these days. I don't even carry currency or the most part. From junk I don't need from Joom out of China, to groceries downtown. All my wargames from Slitherine Group or GoG or wherever. My Amazon purchases. Everything.

I can't reeeeally afford a game today, but, I decided I wanted it. I'm used to getting what I want. But sadly, no WW2 release today. I haven't written a check since last century.

I'm not asking for special treatment.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Just killing cardboard or pixels when not building tanks eh

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
Re: Payment methods
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »
A PayPal personal account is free.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MrsWargamer

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »
A PayPal personal account is free.

That is true, and free is not always worth something.

I prefer to pay with actual money from my actual bank account. I don't have a credit card, because 'credit' is also a scam, and dangerous.

But my main point is, if I can use debit virtually anywhere, why not here? I even use it with used bookstores and flea market vendors. So I'm unwilling to accept any notion of it being too costly. If they can do it, anyone can do it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:41:13 PM »
Hi MrsWargamer

Schwerpunkt Games is a "mom &pop" team. I think the options they have chosen are the most secure and best for the majority of customers.

With PayPal, one can "link" a bank account and transfer funds to the PayPal.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline MrsWargamer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »
Yeah, I know, Ron is a small operation.

But as I said, if a flea market vendor can do it, then it's time Ron joined the current year.

I'm not in a hurry to trust Paypal to be impartial. Or secure.

The bottom line though is I 'wanted' the game. But it's likely I need it about as much as I needed Gary's games or World in Flames :)

Which is why I'm not planning to hassle Ron about it. Either he takes the plunge and joins the modern world, or he misses out.

I recently bought one of Tiller's Panzer Battles titles. I'm not 100% in favour of limited installs, but his product is good enough. The thing is, paying wasn't a hassle. If he wasn't able to handle debit, I'd have taken a pass on him too.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Zovs

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
I have been using PayPal for over 10 years with no issues or security problems whatsoever. It’s how I purchased all 50 of my Matrix games, this game and my subscription to the ASL eMag The Bunker.

This game is well worth it.

Just my 3 cents.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Started playing board war games around 1975 or so and computer war games around 1995 or so.

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 04:51:22 PM »
I have been using PayPal for over 10 years with no issues or security problems whatsoever. It’s how I purchased all 50 of my Matrix games, this game and my subscription to the ASL eMag The Bunker.

This game is well worth it.

Just my 3 cents.

Basically I join in.
The PP acc gets linked with the bank-account and after a validation by PP all transactions will be executed by a corresponding bank-accountload. All is displayed clear and transparent into the PP acc. There can be added additional payment methods too.
I use a double secure procedure: PW and additional tan sent by sms for each transaction.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Tags: