Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tacview website

Author Topic: What about WT?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline diVine

What about WT?
« on: June 05, 2019, 11:48:22 PM »
Have you reached out to gaijin about war thunder implementation?

amateur programmer here, this is what I came up with..

hoping to garner interest from the community so that the developers will provide the information necessary to have proper implementation

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:27:39 AM by diVine »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Re: What about WT?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 06:11:37 AM »
You coded this yourself?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline BuzyBee

• Tacview
    • Tacview
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:33:24 PM »
Hi diVine,

We have not reached out to Gaijin ourselves.

Your video is enticing ... were you able to export or to convert telemetry data from War Thunder?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline diVine

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:12:35 AM »
You coded this yourself?

Yes I did. Little help from a friend here and there, copy a snippet or two, but for 95% it's all me. I don't mean to devalue what I've done, I truly am ecstatic about getting it to work, and even more so when the public got wind of it and there was a fair amount of excitement going around. I sent the rough draft video out to 4 or so people, and no less that 5 minutes later had 100 views  :Wag finger .. someone didn't listen to my wishes to keep it private lol, I was nowhere near ready for that..

Hi diVine,

We have not reached out to Gaijin ourselves.

Your video is enticing ... were you able to export or to convert telemetry data from War Thunder?

There are some issues as it currently stands, but nothing that couldn't be easily implemented on their side.
In game a localserver is created that communicates with the browser via async/ajax/xhr.

I'll be speaking in python from here out.
  • An unordered list of dictionaries holds the positional data for all land air and sea objects. This causes a problem becuase there is no unique ID tied to object x, but using OOP, I can see a solution to this, and I believe they arlready do it in the browser map.
  • 6DOF movement (rotation + translation) is only provided to the player. I overcome this by having each participant running the utility. I have each client watch for a specific command sent through the game's all-chat that triggers each client to contact their local NTP time server and I work in the differences; works great
  • As you will see in the provided docs, there are two main sources for the information. /indicators (cockpit instruments) and /state (general). Sometimes you have a plane that doesn't have an instrument depending on the make/model (there are 1000+ vehicles in game, not sure how many planes) which can be caught with exception handling, but every so often you run into a problem like the early Bf-109's not having an artificial horizon.

Not to optimistic about anything coming of this officially, gaijin has made it pretty clear that they made an arcade game the just so happened to have an added (what I like to call 'arcade-sim' mode). What I mean by this, is we are their last priority.

Regardless, I'm still looking to improve my code and I'm curious about the flow of tacview or the programming paradigm. I would assume OOP., but I'm very new to python and programming in general. Just today, I got a working version of outputting the data for changes only, as opposed to logging all events. Feel like I started out OOP then just ended up doing simple dictionary comparison with set intersection method. Happen to have any pythonistas around?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: