Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: On The Western Front  (Read 26294 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: On The Western Front
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2022, 12:52:11 AM »
Update - Sept. 10
Sat, 10 September 2022

Hi all,

Mostly just spent this update tightening up and tweaking existing functionality again. I also added tank usage to the Support Units tutorial, as there was no clear explanation on how tanks really worked in this game and how you're able to have units follow behind them for protection.

Most importantly, I tweaked the Aerodrome to be less restrictive, but more dependent on the conditions at the front, as well as your own upgrade level.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Added tank cover to Support Units tutorial.
    Horizontal trench tiles that are reinforced now confer a firestep bonus to rifle and machine gun units, which boosts their attack power on these tiles.
    Offensives are now cancelled if the enemy strikes first, and rescheduled once the enemy offensive is concluded.
    Max number of patrols and pilots per patrol has been increased per upgrade level, but pilot and plane recovery is much slower. Pilot readiness and plane ammo/fuel recovery now takes into account the upgrade level of your aerodrome in addition to the overall aerodrome status of the sector.
    The number of sorties that can be launched by your Intelligence Officer now also takes into account the upgrade level of your Aerodrome in addition to his Organization level.
    Can now customize Readiness threshold for pilots when issuing orders to Intelligence Officer.
    Fixed bug in which dugouts couldn't be built by Engineers.

Updated Localization keys:

SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_TANKS
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_GET_BEHIND_TANKS_01
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_GET_BEHIND_TANKS_02
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_MOVE_TANK
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_TANKS_TOOLTIP
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_GET_BEHIND_TANK_TOOLTIP
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_MOVE_TANK_TOOLTIP
    DELEGATION_PATROL_READINESS
    DELEGATION_PATROL_READINESS_THRESHOLD
    TOOLTIP_DELEGATION_PILOT_READINESS
    HELPER_UNIT_ACTION_TOOLTIP_FORTIFY_TRENCH
    UNIT_EFFECT_ON_FIRESTEP
    TOOLTIP_EFFECT_ON_FIRESTEP

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2023, 12:04:50 AM »
Update - Jan. 28
Sat, 28 January 2023

Hi all,

Managed to add a few quality of life updates, but mostly focused on balance issues and bug fixes that were pointed out in the discussion forums. It is always appreciated when you guys go out of your way to suggest improvements to the game, so keep the feedback coming!

Bugfixes/Changes:
•   "Build Mode" - where players can paint lines of trenches and other tiles in order to build them - now allows you to drag over an area to resume construction of tiles previously marked for construction. You can also now remove an entire area of painted tiles by dragging over them.
•   Fixed bug where tiles still under construction would change appearance if the tile next to them was finished building, despite not being complete themselves.
•   Units are less prone to wandering away when orders are cancelled. Previously they would try to reposition themselves when orders were cancelled, leading to weird results.
•   Upon finishing a "shift" for a repeating scheduled order, units will choose to reposition themselves in nearby forests or houses if close enough to one.
•   Support units are now assigned to proper orders based on their unit type when set to be automated, rather than random orders like Drill or Resting.
•   Terrain effects no longer affect underground units.
•   Fixed Attack Area workaround that would allow units to attack into trenches by targeting adjacent tiles.
•   Units attacking an area around them can no longer hit themselves.
•   Units in dugouts no longer become sick.
•   Units can no longer shoot into dugouts or blockhouses. They must move directly into them and engage any units inside in melee.
•   Commander caps are no longer lowered twice when changing commanders. A previous update made it so that removing a commander would lower the cap of Morale, Supply, and Readiness twice.
•   Default size of the commander selection popup in the Order of Battle screen has been set properly to accommodate the new buttons on the right. The addition of the resize feature caused this issue.
•   Railroad label tooltip in the Headquarters screen has been fixed.
•   Tooltips in officer replacement popup have been updated.
•   Officer experience tooltip now adds numbers of attribute effects.

•   Units experiencing order delay will no longer trigger sounds when viewing their information on the unit details popup.
•   Destroy and Repair orders can now be performed on tiles that are currently being built, rather than only on fully constructed tiles.
•   Shells Taken event has been fixed to prevent infantry battalions on the Redoubt map from being affected. However, reserve battalions are now affected.
•   Added ability to shoot into nearby trenches from blockhouse.

New Localization keys:
•   TOOLTIP_BUILD_MODE_ADD
•   TOOLTIP_BUILD_MODE_SUBTRACT
•   TOOLTIP_BUILD_MODE_DRAG_ADD
•   TOOLTIP_BUILD_MODE_DRAG_SUBTRACT
•   TOOLTIP_SENIOR_COMMANDER_BONUS_LEADERSHIP
•   TOOLTIP_SENIOR_COMMANDER_BONUS_ORGANIZATION
•   TOOLTIP_SENIOR_COMMANDER_BONUS_COMMAND
•   TOOLTIP_COMPANY_COMMANDER_BONUS_LEADERSHIP
•   TOOLTIP_COMPANY_COMMANDER_BONUS_ORGANIZATION
•   TOOLTIP_COMPANY_COMMANDER_BONUS_COMMAND

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2023, 01:03:12 AM »
Update - Feb. 12
Sun, 12 February 2023

Hi all,

Nothing major in this update, but there are a few fairly important bugfixes that I wanted to address. Most of these had to do with some work under the hood that went a bit awry.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Fixed crash when quitting to the main menu and starting a new game immediately afterwards.
    Fixed issue where terrain effects weren't reloaded properly.
    Fixed bug in which commander traits weren't being properly removed when reassigning them.
    Fixed bug with dugout textures not changing to completed dugouts when finished building.
    Fixed bug in which unseen wire in terrain would override the terrain type in the tile details window when Fog of War was enabled.
    Units now reset to idle instead of attempting to build forever when out of tools.
    Fixed potential crash when stealing supplies.

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2023, 12:17:15 PM »
Online Multiplayer
Sun, 4 June 2023

Hi all,

Sorry for the much longer than usual delay between updates. I generally try to put one out every few weeks, but this update is a fairly substantial one. It was a massive undertaking, but I got online multiplayer working. It's currently limited to 2 players per lobby, but you can play VS. or Co-op against the AI.

It's my first attempt at anything like this, so please do let me know if you encounter issues. It runs well enough on my two personal computers, and I was able to cross-play between Mac and Windows with no issues. However, running smoothly on the same network is no guarantee it will do so in the wild, so to speak, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the netcode holds up.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Online multiplayer is available.
    Fixed elevation map offset when playing as Germany at Verdun.
    Tweaked camera elasticity so scrolling from edges is a bit quicker.
    Fixed crash when removing individual units from scheduled orders.
    Fixed bug in which Intelligence officer would schedule air sorties at night.
    Fixed bug with fortress goal tiles being in the wrong positions when playing as Germany at Verdun.

New Localization keys:

ONLINE_LOBBIES_LBL
    ONLINE_LOBBY_CREATE_BTN
    ONLINE_LOBBY_JOIN_BTN
    ONLINE_LOBBY_LEAVE_BTN
    ONLINE_LOBBY_REFRESH_BTN
    ONLINE_CHATROOM_TITLE
    ONLINE_CHATROOM_SEND_BTN
    ONLINE_CHATROOM_OTHER_PLAYERS
    ONLINE_MATCH_TYPE_VERSUS
    ONLINE_MATCH_TYPE_COOP
    ONLINE_LEAVE_LOBBY
    ONLINE_LOBBY_LEFT
    ONLINE_LOBBY_JOINED
    ONLINE_LOBBY_JOIN_FAILED
    CONFIRMATION_ONLINE_NO_LOBBY_NAME
    CONFIRMATION_ONLINE_NO_LOBBY_SELECTED
    ONLINE_ROLE_HOST
    ONLINE_ROLE_GUEST
    ONLINE_LOBBY_CREATE_OR_JOIN_PROMPT
    ONLINE_IN_LOBBY_LBL
    ONLINE_WAITING_FOR_GUEST_TO_CHOOSE
    TITLE_SCREEN_CHAT_ENABLED_LBL
    CHAT_CONFIRM_TOOLTIP
    CHAT_CANCEL_TOOLTIP
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_USER_LEFT
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_INCREASE_GAME_SPEED,
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_DECREASE_GAME_SPEE
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_GAME_PAUSE
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_GAME_RESUME
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_SCHEDULED_ORDER_COMPLETED
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_TARGET_AREA_ADDED
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_PATROL_CREATED
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_BALLOON_STARTED
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_ASSIGN_PILOT_TO_PLANE
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_SEND_UNIT_ON_LEAVE
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_ASSIGN_COMMANDER
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_UNLOCK_UPGRADE
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_ASSIGN_STAFF_COMMANDER
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_ERASE_UNIT
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_REPLACE_UNIT
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_RECALL_UNIT
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_TOGGLE_DELEGATION
    ONLINE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_PRIORITY

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2023, 09:23:05 AM »
Update - June 21
Wed, 21 June 2023

Hi all,

After the last update which introduced a major new feature, I mostly focused on tightening up the game. Some minor bugs have been fixed, and some quality of life issues have been addressed.

Bugfixes/Changes:
Added option to play ambient sound instead of music.

Added chat hotkey rebind option to settings screen.
Fixed bug with unit attributes increasing endlessly after repeated reloads.
Fixed bug in which Fog of War setting was not being saved properly between each session when relaunching the game.
Fixed bug in which creeping barrage buttons were not being re-enabled when loading a saved game in which Creeping Barrage was unlocked.
Fixed bug with artillery forward positioning for mass bombardments.
Ctrl-click now works for scheduled orders.
Fixed bug with gas shell slider on maps where gas shells are unlocked at the start.
Fixed potential crash when enemy AI handles wounded soldiers.
Fog of War now disabled in Skirmish tutorial.
Fixed debug text {hotkey_add_units} in Basics tutorial.
Added extra tutorial steps in Construction tutorial for dragging over areas in order to resume construction.
Added extra tutorial steps in Construction tutorial for using Ctrl-click to build multiple single tile structures.
Updated help text for the above two functions.

New Localization keys:
HOTKEY_CONSOLE
HOTKEY_CHAT
CONSTRUCTION_TUTORIAL_DRAG_01
CONSTRUCTION_TUTORIAL_DRAG_02
CONSTRUCTION_TUTORIAL_BUILD_DRAG_TOOLTIP
CONSTRUCTION_TUTORIAL_CTRL_01
CONSTRUCTION_TUTORIAL_CTRL_02

CONTROL_TUTORIAL_SELECT_TRENCH
HELP_TEXT_BUILD_MODE_01
HELP_TEXT_SINGLE_TILE_BUILD_02

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2023, 12:20:38 AM »
Update - August 14
Mon, 14 August 2023

Hi all,

I did a bit more bughunting this time, as well as implementing a new feature that was requested in the Discussion board. Keep it coming!

Bugfixes/Changes:

Added a game diary option in the Event Log. You can now add random notes as you play the game. These are saved to a separate file, located in the Logs folder of your save directory.

The main caveat here is that word wrap doesn't work. Try as I may, the TextEdit control in Godot doesn't seem to have functioning word wrap, and my attempts at actually modifying the C++ engine code to include it were not successful. To write on a new line, you'll have to press Enter manually.

Reserve unit lists in the Headquarters screen and corresponding reserve unit detail trees now properly refresh in real-time rather than requiring the user to close the popup and bring it up again to refresh unit details.
    Reserve unit replenishment is properly scaled so it doesn't all happen at once any more.
    Minor bug in which destroyed units on the Order of Battle screen would not refresh their numbers properly when destroyed, so that their displayed numbers would remain above zero.

New Localization keys:

EVENT_LOG_RECORD_BTN
    EVENT_LOG_ERASE_BTN
    EVENT_LOG_NOTIFICATION_LBL
    EVENT_LOG_DIARY_LBL

Thanks for playing!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2023, 12:13:10 AM »
Update - August 26
Sun, 27 August 202

Hi all,

I've been doing a lot of playtesting recently, so this update consists of some game balance updates, as well as quality of life updates and bugfixes.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Raid type buttons are reset properly when reloading saved games.
    Increased river crossing movement penalty.
    Fixed possible crash when rotating units during mass offensives.
    Creeping barrage upgrade now overrides artillery max forward position when suppressing area.
    Artillery can no longer cross rivers without bridges or pontoons.
    Added objectives to scenario descriptions.
    Added a warning popup when proper tiles for Rest and Supply Area orders are not selected. Previously the user would get no notification if selected tiles were too far forward or if there were no units in the selected area available to be resupplied, leaving them in the dark.

Removed islands from the Meuse-Argonne map. I found it had a tendency to make pathfinding weird, and complicated bridge and pontoon orders.

New Localization keys:

TITLE_NEWGAME_WESTERN_FRONT_DESCRIPTION
    TITLE_NEWGAME_EASTERN_FRONT_DESCRIPTION
    TITLE_NEWGAME_MEUSE_ARGONNE_FRONT_DESCRIPTION
    TITLE_NEWGAME_VERDUN_FRONT_DESCRIPTION
    TITLE_NEWGAME_ITALIAN_FRONT_DESCRIPTION
    TITLE_NEWGAME_SCHWABEN_DESCRIPTION
    CONFIRMATION_ORDER_INVALID_TILES_SUPPLY_AREA
    CONFIRMATION_ORDER_INVALID_TILES_REST

Thanks for playing!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2023, 12:57:07 AM »
Update - Sept. 20
Wed, 20 September 2023

Hi all,

This update consists mostly of responding to user feedback and adding quality of life changes. The biggest one is changing the Find Wounded/Stretcher Bearing/Treat Wounded process to match that of supplying an area. Rather than Medical units running to units with wounded men, then bringing them back to treat them, Medical units now simply treat wounded over an area of your choosing. This streamlines the process and reduces it into a matter of keeping track of area coverage rather than having to individually keep tabs on each Medical unit. It was somewhat more realistic, but ultimately not very intuitive.

I've also changed the way Supply units perform Add Supplies tasks. Previously, they would revert to resting once they filled up a supply depot. However, this led to confusion and inefficient supply management. Now they continuously top up the supplies until ordered elsewhere. Again, making supply a matter of keeping track of coverage rather than individual units. Hopefully these changes make logistics easier to manage.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Creating a new pilot via the debug screen now works properly.
    Enemy AI division can no longer unlock achievements.
    Tweaked line of sight against units in houses or forests, now affected by the terrain level rather than being a flat visibility modifier.
    Fixed casemate unit effect and tooltip.
    Units adding supplies to field kitchens no longer automatically stop when the kitchen is full, instead continuously topping them up.
    Units no longer automatically revert to supplying area after completing an Add Supplies order on a dugout.
    Find Wounded orders now function similarly to Supplying Area orders. You now drag over an area and Medical units passively treat wounded units in it.
    The Medical status button in the top right of the screen now also shows areas covered by Find Wounded orders.
    Updated Support Units tutorial with new medical unit process.
    Fixed alternate font on tank step in Support Units tutorial.
    Added tooltips for 'Select Visible', 'Select All', and 'De-select All' in the unit details popup.
    Destroyed units can no longer be selected via the checkbox next to their name.
    Rest and supply area orders now still work properly if the player has been driven back beyond his or her last trench line. Previously, "running out" of trench lines would cause basically every tile in front of the very bottom of the screen to count as being too far forward.

New Localization keys:

MOUSE_DRAG_FINDING_WOUNDED_LABEL
    CONFIRMATION_ORDER_INVALID_TILES_FINDING_WOUNDED
    HELPER_UNIT_ACTION_PREPARING_AID
    UNIT_DETAIL_WINDOW_SELECT_ALL_TOOLTIP
    UNIT_DETAIL_WINDOW_SELECT_VISIBLE_TOOLTIP
    UNIT_DETAIL_WINDOW_DESELECT_ALL_TOOLTIP

SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_MEDICAL_01
    SUPPORT_TUTORIAL_MEDICAL_TOOLTIP

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2023, 12:12:21 AM »
Update - Dec. 9
Sat, 9 December 2023

Hi all,

You now have the ability to customize both the player division and the enemy division when starting a new game. From here, you can add and remove units, set starting battlefield parameters, and generate officers. It's not unlike the debug console, but you can now build from scratch and save the result to file in case you want to carry over the divisions.

I've also addressed a few points of feedback from the discussion forums, mainly the inability of rifle units to supply field kitchens like they're supposed to be able to.

Bugfixes/Changes:

Added custom start screen.
    Fixed bug in which rifle units were not able to top up field kitchens.
    Added the ability to Add Food to field kitchens when Rifle units are selected.
    Can now assign camera zoom to buttons.
    Fixed bug in calculating division numbers when starting a new game.

New Localization keys:

FILTER_BY_UNASSIGNED
    COMMANDER_UNASSIGNED
    CAMERA_ZOOM_IN
    CAMERA_ZOOM_OUT
    CUSTOM_START_BUTTON
    CUSTOM_START_PLAYER
    CUSTOM_START_ENEMY
    CUSTOM_START_SHOW_RESERVES
    CUSTOM_START_SHOW_ACTIVE
    CUSTOM_START_RESERVES
    CUSTOM_START_ACTIVE

Thanks for playing!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2024, 07:16:56 PM »
Update - March 2
Sat, 2 March 2024

Hi all,

This update fixes some more issues that were brought up in the discussion forums, and adds a few quality of life fixes as well. Thanks again to everyone who tried the game out and provided valuable feedback. It is all very much appreciated, as always!

Bugfixes/Changes:
Fixed season indicator in the top left of the screen.
Added tooltips to season and time of day on top left of screen.
Units can now see through farmland, but still not into it.
Fixed bug with Issue Order button in Scheduled Order screen, where it could be disabled when selecting invalid unit types and would not re-enable when selecting artillery units.
Can now issue rest scheduled orders to artillery units.
Can now issue rest orders to mixed groups of infantry and artillery. Previously you had to select groups of either all infantry or all artillery.
Rest scheduled orders for artillery units now properly prioritize artillery pits.
Sight range reduction when resting (as opposed to watch duty) has been increased.
Fixed bug in which Supplying Area orders generated by your Logistics officer would always show Ammunition as the supply type.

New Localization keys:
HELPER_SEASON_SPRING
HELPER_SEASON_SUMMER
HELPER_SEASON_AUTUMN
HELPER_SEASON_WINTER
HELPER_TIME_OF_DAY_MORNING
HELPER_TIME_OF_DAY_DAY
HELPER_TIME_OF_DAY_EVENING
HELPER_TIME_OF_DAY_NIGHT

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

ancient steel shadows frontier

Started by zakblood

Replies: 2
    Views: 2511
    Last post November 26, 2018, 11:00:22 AM
    by zakblood
    Holdfast: Frontlines

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 2199
    Last post April 16, 2022, 11:35:49 PM
    by Asid
    Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 4547
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    Ancient Frontier

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2790
    Last post February 13, 2019, 02:10:52 AM
    by Asid
    Re: Second Front (in Development) Thread removed