Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 48686 times)

Offline Skoop

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2019, 06:27:52 PM »
Interesting how the new scenery works, it looks like there's no real future for scenery addon makers because the default is amazing.  I bet Microsoft will sell regions as dlc, and with the scenery cached from a server I worry that there may be a subscription service.  Even if it ends up like I suggest, still may be better than having to go buy all these 3rd party addons from all over the web.  I don't think this bodes well for P3D either, I don't see any of these improvements being licensed to a market competitor. 

But hey, I'm all in, can't wait to get my hands on the alpha and test it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »
A subscription model would definitely be way cheaper than purchasing or even re-purchasing individual sceneries/airports.

I really enjoy P3DV4.5 for the military stuff. I will continue to use it but I am very cautious on new purchases.

As for scenery. FS2020 looks amazing. Will there be a need for 3rd party scenery?.....Maybe that is why Orbx is releasing scenery like there's no tomorrow  :whistle

The other flightsims will continue to improve but Microsoft is a juggernaut  :Hammer

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Skoop

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 08:33:51 PM »
I've halted all addon buying as well.  Your right, I'll probably keep my P3D around for the military stuff.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 09:20:53 PM »
I've halted all addon buying as well.

Many developers will start to feel the drop in sales.

Also, no helos   :helicopter. I have not seen or heard of any helos for FS2020  :dunno
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 11:47:24 PM »
I heard no helos for initial release, that'll be added later.

No VR with initial release but support added later.

I'm fine with this, It'll get us in the sim sooner.

I'm actually more interested in AI traffic and AI ATC, if they ignore those....well I may have another reason to keep P3D around.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 12:58:09 AM by Skoop »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »
October 10th, 2019 – Development Update

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

DELIVERING THE DELIVERABLES WE SAID WOULD BE DELIVERED DURING THE DELIVERY OF UPDATES
 We are pleased to announce that the first episode of our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 1 (World) is an in-depth look at the world we’re building for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 1!

FEEDBACK PIPELINE
TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.
 There has been an incredible amount feedback from the press coverage of our recent Global Preview Event. This feedback, along with all feedback we’ve been collecting, is critically important to the team to ensure the voice of the community is being put into action through a collaborative and transparent process (i.e. use the Feedback Snapshot to give the community transparency into the feedback we’re prioritizing for action). Features like ATC, Seasons, VR, Rotorcraft, SDK, etc. can be found in the Feedback Snapshot along with our current plan for next steps and timelines for resolution. The Feedback Snapshot will be released at regular intervals and we will announce the date for our first preview release in our next update.

TECH ALPHA
•    10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 ends. If you would like to sign up, please head into the Insider Area and fill out the survey.
•   10.17 – Build release preparation begins. Insider acceptance confirmation communication begins and will run through 10.24.
•   10.24 – Release Window Opens. We will begin granting access to the Tech Alpha build to Insiders that have received acceptance confirmation.

BUILD PROGRAM UPDATE
 We are currently targeting mid/end November for our second build release (Tech Alpha 2). We expect to open recruitment for Tech Alpha 2 closer to the end of October but expect a final date in our 10.17 update.

DR Update and Episode 2 information coming next update.

Next update 10.17.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »
October 17th, 2019 – Development Update

THANK YOU
On behalf of the entire Microsoft Flight Simulator Team, we’d like to express our sincere appreciation to the community for all the valuable feedback we’ve received from the community on the first episode of the Feature Discovery Series. Though this is only our first step in our collaboration with you, the importance of this step to the team cannot be overstated. For all the feedback, all the effort spent writing comments, asking questions, daring to hold out hope when the past has been littered with unmet expectations. We hear you, and we are going to do our best to keep building this experience with you. In the meantime, thank you. It’s been a great boost to the team reading all the feedback from Lionel’s presentation on the world we’re building, which is big, in case you missed that.

EPISODE 2
On October 24th we are releasing the next episode in our Feature Discovery Series. Episode 2 (SKY) features a detailed look at the world we fly in, and the importance of this world in the simulator we are building.

TECH ALPHA
•   10.15 – Recruitment for Tech Alpha 1 is now closed. Thank you to everyone that signed up for our upcoming Tech Alpha build!
•   10.17 – Starting today and continuing through the 24th, we will be sending out notifications to those Insiders that have been selected for participation in our first Tech Alpha.
•   10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.

DR UPDATE (PREVIEW FOR NOVEMBER/DECEMBER)
The DR (formerly DRR) preview for November/December is now available in the Insider Area!

PARTNER ANNOUNCEMENT SERIES KICKOFF
We are in the final stages of preparing to release our first series of announcements as part of our Partnership Announcement Series. While we are still working on wrapping up the final few details, we are targeting mid-November for officially kicking off this series which will provide insight into all the amazing partnerships taking part in the development of the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Tech Alpha is almost here!

Next update 10.24.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2019, 03:03:53 PM »
October 24th, 2019 – Development Update

‘TWAS THE DAY OF TECH ALPHA AND ALL THROUGH LAST NIGHT, NOT ALL EMAILS FINISHED SENDING YET, SO EVERYONE HOLD TIGHT.

As we complete our notification process for those selected to participate in our first Tech Alpha, the team would like to provide some additional information regarding participation.

•   One of our primary goals for the Build Program is to get everyone interested in early build testing, actually testing early builds.
•   Though we have limited participation numbers in our first build release, we are actively working to scale participation numbers for future releases.
•   If you were not selected for participation in this round, fear not, we’ve automatically registered you for the next build release.
•   So while you may not have been selected for participation in the first Tech Alpha, please know that we are actively working to get as many people into the testing process, as quickly as possible.

EPISODE 2 HAS BEEN RELEASED!
We are pleased to announce the second episode in our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Recently presented at the Global Preview Event, Episode 2 (WEATHER) features a detailed look at the world we fly in, and the importance of this world in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider Area to watch Episode 2!

TECH ALPHA
•   10.24 – On the 24th, we will begin the process rolling out access to the Tech Alpha. So if you are wondering WHEN build access will be provided, it will start on the 24th.
•   10.31 – Update on Tech Alpha 2 recruitment opening.

DR UPDATE GENERAL RELEASE

Next update 10.31!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
October 31st, 2019 – Development Update

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Keeping the update brief this week as the team prepares for many exciting deliverables we’ve planned for November!

BUILD PROGRAM
•   Tech Alpha 2 recruitment will open November 7th.
•   If you registered for Tech Alpha 1, we’ve automatically registered you for Tech Alpha 2.
•   We are targeting mid-November to provide a timeline for Tech Alpha 2 release/availability.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES
Another heartfelt thank you to the community for all of the amazing feedback we received regarding Episode 2 in our Feature Discovery series! The community response to the first two episodes has been incredibly valuable to the team and our development effort.
•   Episode 3 – Planned release is still on track for mid-November.
•   Episode 4 – Planned release is still on track for end-November.
•   Expect final dates for release in our next update (11.07). 

OFFICIAL SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
We’d like to confirm that we do have official MSFS social media channels for those of you interested:
•   https://www.facebook.com/MIcrosoftFlightSimulatorOfficial
•   https://twitter.com/MSFSofficial
•   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqONzeACDBaF6FfKjh7ndAQ/featured?view_as=subscriber

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Halloween!

Next update – 11.07.

Sincerely,

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 02:15:45 AM »
November 7th, 2019 – Development Update

“Hey, still workin on stuff, gonna be a bit, just sit tight.”

We have a number of exciting deliverables planned for November so let’s get right to the updates!

TECH ALPHA 1
For those of you that were selected to participate in testing Tech Alpha 1, a quick reminder that you should expect all updates related to Tech Alpha will be sent via email. Expect the next email update on 11.10.

BUILD PROGRAM
TECH ALPHA 2 RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN!
•   If you’re interested in registering for a chance to participate, please go here
•   If you registered for Tech Alpha 1, we’ve automatically registered you for Tech Alpha 2.
•   We expect to provide an update on the timeline for Tech Alpha 2 in the next few weeks.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES
We are excited to announce the official release dates for Episodes 3 and 4!
•   11.21 – Episode 3 (Aerodynamics) release
•   11.28 – Episode 4 (Cockpits) release

SOMETHING EXCITING IS COMING…
The team is excited to announce we will be attending the upcoming X019 in London November 14th – 16th. For more information regarding the event – https://www.xbox.com/en-US/x019

MEDIA UPDATE
We’ve posted some new screenshots, head into the Insider Area to check them out!

Lots of exciting things ahead, some much closer than you think.
Next update – 11.14!

Sincerely,

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2019, 12:24:46 AM »
November 14th, 2019 – hell0 from X019

X019!

At X019, we’re thrilled to reveal many of the great aircraft manufacturers we are partnering with to make Microsoft Flight Simulator the most realistic flight simulation yet. As you saw in our new trailer, we have a broad range of aircraft, including commercial airliners, business jets, and general aviation aircraft, all from the most renowned manufacturers.
The breadth of partnerships we have forged for the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator goes far beyond what was done for previous titles. We are determined to make this sim, and all of its components, as authentic as possible.

The aircraft partnerships we’re announcing today include (in alphabetical order):

•   Airbus
•   The Boeing Company
•   CubCrafters
•   Daher
•   Diamond Aircraft Industries
•   ICON Aircraft
•   Robin Aircraft
•   Textron Aviation

We’re excited to continue working with these great partners and will share more information on additional partnerships as we approach Microsoft Flight Simulator’s launch in 2020.

If you’re joining us in London this week for X019, please swing by our booth at the Copper Box Arena and get hands-on with Microsoft Flight Simulator yourself. Thank you for all the support!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2019, 12:25:48 AM »
Microsoft Flight Simulator - X019 - Gameplay Trailer
14 Nov 2019

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2019, 12:12:50 AM »
Microsoft Flight Simulator: 9 Beautiful Cities in 4K60 - X019
14 Nov 2019

Venice, Barcelona, Copenhagen and of course... Southampton. Check out these among other stunningly recreated cities in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2019, 01:39:51 AM »
November 21st, 2019 – Development Update

“FORE!”

SDK UPDATE
The team is making good progress on the SDK development. While still in the early stages, the plan is to provide an initial version of the SDK to the 3rd party developer community before the end of the year. Our goal has been to involve 3rd parties early in the development process, and to give them the ability to influence our priorities and how we author the SDK. After the first wave of initial 3rd party developer visits onsite with the team, we’ve been incredibly excited by the optimism and feedback we’ve received thus far. These same tools will be provided to the community in effort to ensure the tools we use to create content, tools that undergo constant testing in our production environment, are shared with all our creators. Initially, the SDK will offer the ability to author planes, sceneries and custom missions. For those with a preference for using FSX tools, SimConnect will be supported. We will also support additional modern standards like HTML for UI and glTF for 3D models.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

•   EPISODE 3 IS HERE!
We are pleased to announce the third episode in our Feature Discovery Series has been released! Presented at our Global Preview Event, Episode 3 (AERODYNAMICS) features a detailed look at the engine that drives flight in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Head into the Insider area to watch Episode 3! (or below)

•   EPISODE 4 – 11.27 RELEASE
We are currently planning to release Episode 4 next week.

DR UPDATE
December/January preview for the DR is now available in the Insider Area! (or below)

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2.11DRPlan.jpg

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT
Our preview for the Feedback Snapshot has been delayed a week in order to prevent overlap with the DR Update. Expect the rev 1 preview of the FS next week.

X02019
A heartfelt thank you to everyone that visited us at the X0 event. We had an incredible turnout and the team genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to sit down and play the latest demo with so many fellow flight simulator enthusiasts!

Next update – 11.27!

Sincerely,

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
November 27th, 2019 – Insider Update

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES – EPISODE 4 (COCKPITS) IS HERE!

Watch as Martial Bossard Lead Software Engineer from Asobo talks about Cockpits in the next evolution of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

New Zealand scenery for Flight Simulation

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3093