Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 01/06/19 @ 20:00 GMT  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Saturday 01/06/19 @ 20:00 GMT
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 08:06:03 AM »
This scenario started with a french division, and a heavy battery, occupying a town in the centre of the map with two forts as objective to be held. Obj gave points only to the allied side.

This french division was a vanguard of the Gerard's small corps which was marching from the northern side of the map. A second full french corps (Vandamme) was marching from north using different roads. We know that the vanguard had to immediately face dutch division which will receive reinforcements soon from the south.

My plan was to send Colbert (commander of the vanguard) to stop and delay the dutch division (mitra) while the others division would have reached the town. In particular, Presy63's division should have marched to the eastern objective then protect it deploying south of it, Ciampo's division (who unfortunately dropped very soon and can't join again) to the left of presy63; the division under my control and two cavalry division to the right of colbert.

At the beginning Colbert made contact with the enemy which tried to outflank him on his right. Soon he found himself hardly engaged and slowly started to rotate from an north/south axis to a east/west axis. This permitted mitra to march to the western objective and i had to quickly retreat my heavy batteries too because unsupported.

In the meantime I saw Brunswick corps (Shadau) coming from SW and boldly attack retreating heavy guns with his cavalry tooking many of them. My division came from north at this point and I ordered one of his brigade to form squares to protect the rest of this division on his march towards the western fort. Also presy63's division reach the town in that moment. I had to quikly take a decision. I feared Colbert could have been attacked in his rear from an advancing force from the south so I ordered presy63 to send a couple of battalions into the eastern fort and the march against mitra' northern flank to rescue Colbert. Presy63 didn't manage to send the two battalions into the fort (in HITS it's difficult doing it from the 3d world, it's better to select the battalion, TC it and use the Command Map clicking into the fort icon) but did a great work together with Colbert in repulsing mitra's division, except for a small brigades he sent close to the western fort.

I have no clue of what was going on on the very east part of the map, I only seen that that division was scoring very bad. From the replay I saw they were intercepted by enemy cavalry and then engaged by british infantry. Some of this infantry moved to the eastern fort, seizing it and presy63 retreated north of the river near the objective.

I recalled Colbert whom division was very far in the south to attack mitra's brigade but he was stopped by the heavy cavalry marching from west to east. With help from the cavalry I managed to repulse Shadau' corps but my attempts to retake the fort were unsuccessful also with help from a presy63's brigade.

From a tactical point of view we did quite well but we lose on the strategic one.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4553
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    How to restart / restore a multiplayer game.

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 6358
    Last post January 10, 2019, 10:52:49 AM
    by General Sandman
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10492
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 25.05.18 at 20.00 GMT

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 7
    Views: 3911
    Last post May 27, 2018, 05:11:00 AM
    by Colbert
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9473
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys