Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: DCS F-16 Falcon  (Read 11278 times)

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
DCS F-16 Falcon
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
Hype train alert 🚨

Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%

The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.

The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.

Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio. Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Sniper XR targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).

The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!

Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper

Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS)

The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear

Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine

Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now

A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM)

Authentic F-16C sounds

Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!

Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

Re: DCS F-16 Falcon
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »
Sweet, can't wait.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
If you don’t want to pay through the nose, BMS is Free and the F-16 is fully modelled with full working cockpit.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »
Looks awesome .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 09:51:00 PM »
If you don’t want to pay through the nose, BMS is Free and the F-16 is fully modelled with full working cockpit.

I have played it....to death....ready to move on or even do both.  That's what'll make DCS F-16 so enjoyable, I already have countless hours in the BMS F16...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 11:25:55 PM »

I have played it....to death....ready to move on or even do both.  That's what'll make DCS F-16 so enjoyable, I already have countless hours in the BMS F16...

Skoop, you got the latest BMS update?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Skoop

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 12:24:21 AM »
I have it downloaded but not installed.  I wasn't sure if it would break some of the campaigns I had in progress with 4.33.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 11:19:17 PM »
I still really enjoy the old Allied Force version of Falcon .

For some reason I always felt a bit dissapointed with BMS , not sure why . I have well over 1000 hours in AF and really struggled to adjust to BMS , and the AF campaigns were really good far better than BMS campaigns .

The work they've done to Falcon is fantastic though no doubt . Eagle Dynamics have alot of work to do to get it anywhere near BMS level .

Personally I think DCS bite off more than they can chew , sooo many features and fixes needed in the new game engine , yet here we have a new pre purchase ?

:bomb
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »
Really ?  I wouldn't know the difference, I've only flown BMS.  I wasn't aware the BMS campaigns were degraded from AF.  I guess the trade off is the BMS planes have far higher fidelity.

The thing with DCS is you have to fly MP with a group or it's pretty much just a cockpit simulator.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »
BMS uses the old Falcon 4.0 campaigns where as Allied Force has improved refined campaigns with much better ground control and AI .

True about MP in DCS , definately adds a better experience . Most of the squads I looked at in my time zone were full or had waiting lists so I gave up on them . Havent checked recently though tbh .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 12:59:16 AM »
I bought a VR headset and DCS has changed for me now , I'll probably get this . VR in DCS is a game changer , it's fantastic tbh .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 05:41:09 PM »
^Nice, which headset did you get ?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 11:23:25 PM »
I bought a VR headset and DCS has changed for me now , I'll probably get this . VR in DCS is a game changer , it's fantastic tbh .

All that matters is that YOU enjoy it  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Reds

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Got the Rift S , pretty nice headset and very simple setup . Good for simming , not interested in using it for much more than flying and racing and for that its been flawless so far .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:09 PM »
Get dirt rally it’s amazing on the Rift. As is euro truck sim 2