Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Rise to Ruins  (Read 132 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Rise to Ruins
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »

A challenging godlike village simulator designed to bridge the gap between the complexities of village simulation with the simplicity of classic 90s real-time strategy. Inspired by games like Towns, Gnomoria, Banished and Dwarf Fortress but not quite like any of them. Updated frequently.

Home-page
Steam
Official forum
Youtube

Single-player

Rise to Ruins InDev 30 Official Gameplay Trailer

About

Rise to Ruins is at heart a godlike village simulator, but it also throws in plenty of familiar game play mechanics from classic 90s era real-time strategy games like Settlers, along with some tower defense and survival elements in an attempt to create a new kind of village simulator. The goal is to try to bridge the gap between the depth and complexity of traditional village simulators, the fun of godlikes and the simplicity of real-time strategy.

Build a village, and die trying!
A major part of the game is village management, and trying to discover new and creative ways to use the tools at your disposal to keep yourself alive as long as possible. In this game, you will lose frequently, but with every failure you learn a little bit more about how to survive and apply that knowledge to your next attempt.

Several Game Modes
Currently, the game offers three game modes. Survival, Sandbox and Peaceful.

Survival is the game the way it was meant to be played, as a brutal survival style village sim, you will probably die often trying to figure out the best way to survive, but that's half the fun right?!

Peaceful is very similar to Survival, but it's balanced much like a traditional village simulator with some godlike and RTS elements sprinkled on top. The monster spawn rates are much lower, and the main focus is keeping your village happy and fed. It's a very easy mode, designed for casual players, or players just wanting to experiment.

Sandbox, like the name implies, is a mode where you can play around with the game mechanics. Change the time of day, weather, spawn monsters or villagers, or even edit the map while you're playing on it. This is the ultimate "Screw around" mode for players wanting to play with the game mechanics.

Godlike Elements
Not only can you manage your village, but you also have many godlike abilities at your disposal. You can alter the terrain, blast enemies from afar, pick up objects or creatures, heal your villagers, speed up resource growth and all sorts of other fun godly stuff.

Tons of map set themes!
Every set of maps will follow a certain theme (Forest, Desert, Underground, etc). Most of the current screenshots only feature a few of these map sets. But many more are planned.

The Soundtrack!
A full original soundtrack, made by Bibiki Garcia that blends orchestral instruments in a way fans of old 1990s era PC gaming will love and remember!

SixtyGig Games is a DRM free independent game developer! Rise to Ruins will not now or ever in the future have any sort of DRM! Piracy protection only hurts you guys, the loyal paying players. So you rest assured knowing that once you buy yourself a copy of Rise to Ruins you'll never again have to concern yourself with nagging questions about if you can continue playing the game down the road due to something like always-online logins, lost registration codes or because you bought a new computer and you're only licensed to put the game on one. All I ask from you is to be reasonable and responsible, you can buy the game and play it as much as you like, wherever you like. Just tell your friends to support my DRM-Free philosophy and buy their own copy! Free Content Patches, no paid-DLC

I don't believe in paying for Downloaded Content. If you buy Rise to Ruins you will have access to the entire game and all the content I'll ever create for it, forever! I believe DLC is greedy, and you deserve to have the full gaming experience from day 1, right out of the (figurative) box!

Your feedback is extremely important. You can reply here or head on over to the Official Website and help shape the direction of development! :)

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Rise to Ruins
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »
RISE TO RUINS Tutorial: Crash Course Tutorial for Rise to Ruins Basics

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 09:24:09 PM »
I need to stay off this forum.  Too many good games that I just have to buy after seeing them here.

Someday I might even catch up playing them all.
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 12:13:28 AM »
I need to stay off this forum.  Too many good games that I just have to buy after seeing them here.

Someday I might even catch up playing them all.

The list is loooong

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
InDev 33d - Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and AI Improvements Update - Released!
12 May @ 9:58pm - Rayvolution

This is a fairly small bug fix patch, correcting a few issues that creeped up in InDev 33. If you're looking for the previous "Passive Tips" update, check out InDev 33c's change log.

If you're interested in following development much more closely, don't forget to follow me on Twitter or join the awesome community on Discord[discord.gg]!

InDev 33d Change Log

Miscellaneous Changes
   Clearing terrain, roads, digging and all harvest AI now obey the new threat map introduced in InDev 33c, and should drastically cut down on villager's suicidal behavior when new work becomes available after pushing back the corruption.
   Increased the rate trash decays in the corruption.
   Decreased the rate corruption destroys natural resources like trees and food.

Bug Fixes
   Fixed a crash if you assigned road work to upgrade to a path, and before the road was actually upgraded to a path one was generated naturally on the same tile, causing a loop in the road AI and eventually crashing the game when the AI tried to interact with that tile.
   Guards posting at a building being upgraded no longer has a very small chance of crashing the game.
   Implemented a possible fix for the rare bug that could sometimes cause resources to be generated in a building that was just destroyed, causing the game to crash next reload.
   Fixed a rare bug that would corrupt a save file if you saved and exited while you were carrying a resource your hand.
   Fixed a bug that could cause organizers to accidentally place the wrong resources in the wrong buildings, mainly keys. Credit to Veldrin on Discord.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »
InDev 33e - The Red Sands Biome Update - Released!
21 MAY @ 3:10AM - RAYVOLUTION

The last planned content patch of InDev 33 is here, introducing 9 brand new maps in a brand new biome, and created by a member of the community no less! The Red Sands biome, by Shade(Give him a follow on Twitter as a thank you!)

In addition to the new biome, I've also fixed a ton of bugs and improved the AI. So be sure to check out the change log!

If you're interested in following development much more closely, don't forget to follow me on Twitter or join the awesome community on Discord[discord.gg]!

InDev 33e Change Log

Miscellaneous Changes
   9 new maps have been added to the world map, creating a brand new "Red Sands" biome to explore!
   Increased the threat range of hostile towers and mobs.
   Added several community contributors to the credits page.
   Monsters can no longer spawn from incomplete buildings.
   "Clear Resources from Road" AI added that will prevent incorrect resources from sitting on a road and stopping your way makers from upgrading it.
   New builder AI improvements that should help avoid the "Waiting for one last hit of work" taking forever because the worker tasked with the job is on the other side of the village.
   All other panels on the world map now close when the player attempts to open a chest or complete a goal.
   The total available storage resource counts on the resource bar and panel no longer count buildings with paused or banned resources.

Bug Fixes
   Fixed a crash if you tried to place a building or draw terrain with a very tall shadow on the most-eastern or southern edge of the map.
   "Ready to migrate" no longer pops up on already established villages with migrants en route.
   Fixed a rare bug if a mob was killed while another mob was attacking it, and you saved and exited the game before the other mob's AI reset, it could cause a crash on reload.
   Fixed total years being offset by 1 day.
   Workers no longer repair abandoned buildings.
   Fixed a bug where water harvesting will not respect if a building's storage if paused or disabled when deciding to harvest more water, possibly causing an over harvesting problem.
   Fixed an issue where the game would crash with no sound device active.
   Fixed an issue where sometimes some goals that has map specific requirements on maps you didn't yet occupy would cause the game to crash.

Rise of Flight Thanksgiving Sale

Started by AsidBoard Flight Simulation

Replies: 0
Views: 1017
Last post November 24, 2016, 03:20:36 PM
by Asid
Rise of Flight: PWCG Campaign generator

Started by LongknifeBoard Flight Simulation

Replies: 1
Views: 1406
Last post December 10, 2016, 11:57:24 PM