Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Sellswords: Ashen Company  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Sellswords: Ashen Company
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »

Sellswords: Ashen Company is a medieval Action RTS. As a captain of a mercenary company, you shall travel the world seeking for contracts, manage your company, and take part in massive battles. All of this in a unique blend between Real Time Strategy and Third Person Melee Combat.

Home Page
Steam
Official forum
Youtube

Single-player

Sellswords : Ashen Company - Reveal Trailer

About

Sellswords: Ashen Company is a medieval Action RTS. As a captain of a mercenary company, you shall travel the world seeking for contracts, manage your company, and take part in massive battles. All of this in a unique blend between Real Time Strategy and Third Person Melee Combat.

Sellswords: Ashen Company is the first game of its kind, seamlessly blending between RTS and Third Person Combat, in huge battles with thousands of soldiers.

What content is in the game right now?
•   1 Game Mode: Custom Battle
•   1 Battle Mode: Land Battle
•   3 Factions: Pratoria, Sakharia and Woltania
•   2 Unit Types: Infantry and Missile
•   3 Battle Maps

What to expect from next updates?
•   New unit types: Cavalry and Pikemen
•   Horse riding with captain
•   New battle mode: Siege Battle
•   Campaign Mode
•   Music

More info on trello: https://trello.com/b/FAKv78EO/sellswords-ashen-company-roadmap

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Sellswords: Ashen Company
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »
About Sellswords Future
Sat, 4 January 2020

Hello Folks,

It's been a while since I've posted any update, and many of you are rightfully asking about Sellswords future. So here is a long overdue explanation:

What happened?

The past few months have been tough for the studio, which basically went close to bankruptcy. Some of you may know that I've been working alone on this project, which partially explains why the development is taking so long.

As a solo developer who didn't have any funds to start with, I was hoping that the sales during early access would finance the development along the way. A lot of people seemed to be interested in the game, and overall the response from the community was amazing! But, due to the fact that the game was in a really early state, most people were waiting for the game to advance in its development before considering buying it, which is totally understandable.

Developing updates took a lot more time that I originally planned, and as the months went by, I was more and more worried about the studio's finances. This led to a point where I had to make a choice. If I wanted the studio to survive, I needed to find another way to bring money to the table.

SwarmZ

A couple months ago, I decided to concentrate my efforts on a smaller game I could release quickly, in an attempt to save the studio, and allow the development of Sellswords to continue. This little zombie game called SwarmZ was born, and was released on november 29th. So far it's doing pretty good, and should allow me to continue developing games in the near future. I'm sorry to talk so much about money, but this has a lot to do with what happened.

Sellswords future

Sellswords is my dream game, and I still hope that I could release a game like this one day!
But the more I make progress in its development, the more I realize that this kind of project is really not suited for a one man team. Due to the scale of the game, and its specific nature (huge battles with thousands of soldiers, and a mix between RTS and 3rd person), getting basic features to work is, in itself, quite difficult. But reaching a level of polishing that allows to have the quality experience that you, the players, deserve, seems almost unachievable for a small studio like Munity Software. Unless I can recruit a team to help me in the coming months, which seems unlikely, the development would take too much time, and I would be facing the same situation I previously described. So that's with a heavy heart that I decided to stop the development of Sellswords, for now. In the coming months, I will be focused on releasing content updates for SwarmZ. Sellswords will be retired from Steam at the end of january 2020. What this means is people won't be able to buy Sellswords anymore. Players that bought Sellswords will still be able to play it, though.

I'm so sorry to make this announcement, and I can't thank you enough for the support!
I should have communicated earlier about this, but the truth is I really didn't know what to say, as I couldn't convince myself to cancel Sellswords, a game I was deeply passionate about.

We say that we learn from our mistakes, and that was a big one.

Possible Sellswords Reboot

As I said, I've been dreaming about a game like Sellswords for years, and I always hoped that a big studio would have the same idea!
The project may be on hold for now, but that doesn't mean it's dead forever. This game is still on my mind, and I will do everything I can to be able to release it someday! So it's very likely that a Sellswords reboot will see the light someday. It would first require the studio to grow, so it won't be in the near future, but I'll try my best to make it happen.

Refunds and apology gift

I imagine that, given the circumstances, many of you would like to get a refund. Unfortunately, the situation is not compatible with Steam refunds policy.

So, in an attempt to apologize, I decided to give any owner of Sellswords my new game SwarmZ for free. If you bought Sellswords, you should now have SwarmZ in your Steam library. Plus, every new game released by Mutiny Software in the future (including a possible Sellswords reboot) will be given to you for free on release day, and this for life.

I know this is not enough, but it really is all I can do for now. I sincerely apologize to everyone of you, and I hope I can make it up to you one day.

Thank you for reading this, and despite the dark tone of this announcement, I wish you a very happy new year.

Sincerely,
Maximilien Gabillard

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

Microprose will be a $100Million company when Wild Bill tees off at Pearly Gates

Started by Frankie

Replies: 2
    Views: 1624
    Last post May 27, 2020, 12:59:40 AM
    by Asid
    Interstellar Transport Company

Started by Asid

Replies: 34
    Views: 16716
    Last post December 28, 2018, 12:47:43 AM
    by Asid
    Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game