Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: VKB Gladiator MK II Joystick  (Read 28993 times)

Offline SystemInShock

VKB Gladiator MK II Joystick
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:32:33 PM »
Greetings,

Anyone have any input for the Gladiator MK II joystick?  I'm looking for a joystick to play IL-2 Sturmovik.  I like the looks of this joystick and the fact that it has a throttle and rudder controls.  I'm not engaged seriously enough into flight games/sims to want a HOTAS solution with rudder pedals.  I want something that has some functionality of that sort, but doesn't have to be perfect.  I'm using an F16 Combatstick right now and it's old and the sensors are wonky and time to replace.

Thank you for any input!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Reds

Re: VKB Gladiator MK II Joystick
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
I've heard good things about it and it looks pretty sweet tbh I'm tempted myself , my CH needs replacing also and I've been looking at the Gladiator , but I ideally need a Hotas.

If you do buy one let us know your thoughts on it .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:39 PM »
I have heard good things about the company VKB. They make quality controllers. Same goes for Virpil.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:00:19 PM »
I've heard good things about it and it looks pretty sweet tbh I'm tempted myself , my CH needs replacing also and I've been looking at the Gladiator , but I ideally need a Hotas.

You might want to be able to split the throttle.....Thinking about the military jets which have twin engines....Just a thought  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29:12 PM »
There is the Warthog , but I would have to remortgage to get that .  :laughing4

Look at this! :P

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-ii/
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 11:37:06 PM »

Apparently Virpil are superior  :winner
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 12:01:00 AM »
Their controllers look amazing  :winner
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 05:50:01 PM »

Look at this! :P

https://flightsimcontrols.com/product/gunfighter-mk-ii/

I saw that one.  It is a thing of beauty, but like all artwork, very expensive.  I have too many expensive hobbies, so this one has to suffer a bit. 

https://store.x-plane.org/Gladiator-MK-II_p_595.html

I think that is a good compromise for good stick and functionality.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »

You might want to be able to split the throttle.....Thinking about the military jets which have twin engines....Just a thought  :thumbsup

That is actually a good thought, but I've never done it before on any flight simulator.  I don't fly at the same level as most of the people on this forum.  I do it for fun and some stress relief.  Learning all the buttons on a new aircraft is just not fun for me. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 03:21:25 AM »
I have the Gladiator MKII, it is an excellent stick.  If you are not so deep into flight sims you feel the need for the Warthog or one of higher end VKB Sim products, it is well worth getting.  I purchased it because it pained me to see my Warthog sit unused for months on end, so I decided to sell it off and get the Gladiator.  I sold the Warthog for enough to buy it as well as a TWCS throttle and have some cash left over.  Since I purchased it I have set it up and flown Falcon BMS and am not wanting for any more buttons, etc. (personally I do not think I will have a need for split throttle, but if I do I will likely be getting a high end throttle anyway).  I primarily fly IL2 series now but will get back into modern stuff again sooner or later (likely later!).

I highly recommend this stick.  It does not require you to start working out with weights to use it, is stable on the desk, bonus on the twist for rudder (I do have pedals though) and has a high quality feel.

EDIT: I recommend getting it from the VKB Sim North America store if you are in North America, unless there is a good discount elsewhere.  Good guy, hobbyist just like us, picked up the NA rights after someone else got out, just trying to support his (gaming) hobby.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Reds

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 10:50:13 PM »
Just bit the bullet and bought one , my CH , despite changing all the pots is really playing up . Got it for 100 quid inc delivery which is a bargain really for the quality of it .

I'll post feedback here once I get it working and have some experience with it .
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:09 PM »
Just bit the bullet and bought one , my CH , despite changing all the pots is really playing up . Got it for 100 quid inc delivery which is a bargain really for the quality of it .

I'll post feedback here once I get it working and have some experience with it .

Look forward to your thoughts
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
I will also be interested in another's feedback to see if it is as nice as I believe it is.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 04:24:39 AM »
I have the Gladiator MKII, it is an excellent stick.  If you are not so deep into flight sims you feel the need for the Warthog or one of higher end VKB Sim products, it is well worth getting.  I purchased it because it pained me to see my Warthog sit unused for months on end, so I decided to sell it off and get the Gladiator.  I sold the Warthog for enough to buy it as well as a TWCS throttle and have some cash left over.  Since I purchased it I have set it up and flown Falcon BMS and am not wanting for any more buttons, etc. (personally I do not think I will have a need for split throttle, but if I do I will likely be getting a high end throttle anyway).  I primarily fly IL2 series now but will get back into modern stuff again sooner or later (likely later!).

I highly recommend this stick.  It does not require you to start working out with weights to use it, is stable on the desk, bonus on the twist for rudder (I do have pedals though) and has a high quality feel.

EDIT: I recommend getting it from the VKB Sim North America store if you are in North America, unless there is a good discount elsewhere.  Good guy, hobbyist just like us, picked up the NA rights after someone else got out, just trying to support his (gaming) hobby.

I looked at that store, and they are charging $20.00 for shipping. The link I posted above is free shipping.  Same price on the stick itself.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 09:27:36 AM »

I looked at that store, and they are charging $20.00 for shipping. The link I posted above is free shipping.  Same price on the stick itself.

Reds is in the UK. The stick will incur a tax charge which would most likely exceed $20  :thumbdown
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: