Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: WWII Europe  (Read 27576 times)

Offline Ronster

WWII Europe
« on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »
    I would like to start a thread for the upcoming WWII Europe Grand Campaign.  There are a lot of WWII Campaigns out there and I would like Ron to set WWII Europe apart from the rest of them.  Lets get this thread going? Any ideas or suggestions?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Schwerpunkt Valencia

Re: WWII Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:12:39 PM »
Well, Ron stated he wanted to finish all the scenarios first before dealing with the grand one and any eventual upgrade in the game. So his stand on that is clear. We have to respect that.

I also have a lot of suggestions but until scenarios are settled, it doe not make much sense.

Kind regards

Schwerpunkt Valencia
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 01:23:29 AM »
You are probably right.  I thought maybe getting a head start on this and getting some real things down that can be implemented in the game.  Never hurts to talk about things.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 03:57:13 PM »
I don't see a problem with chatting about it  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:15:40 AM »
Nor do I.  I welcome the discussion.  I have been building a file for it, mainly putting in what I know will be part of the campaign scenario (i.e. the units for each country, the turn array with city points).  Getting the initial ity country in the array.

We have discussed a new activation rule, such that a Allied country cannot move units until an Axis country moves their units on a full Allied country hex.

Thanks in advance for the comments.
Ron

PS I spent the furlough building scenario #97, and did not finish!  It is a full Eastern Front scenario starting in January 1945.  Lots of units. Axis part is done, and I have several more pages of Russian units to go.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 11:20:57 PM »
Ron,

I am just wondering if you thought about any kind of production for the countries in the full campaign instead of historical.  That is, say, Germany could produce more armor or more air or go for a more robust U-boat production.  Would do others think about a production like the old War in Europe by SPI?  Ron, would this idea be within the coding of the game?

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 12:02:13 AM »
A good question.   Right now, each country has mech and non mech replacement points per week. Mech points can only be used for tank/panzer, naval and air units.  Non mech can be used for anything else. I would need to add in an ability to create non historical units that could be built using the mech replacement points. The non mech replacement points would work as they are today (primarily personnel). The Mech points could be used to build new units allowing the player to try different production strategies.  Does this address your comment?

Thanks,
Ron 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 12:47:57 AM »
Yes, it does.  I think some kind of production would enhance this game ten-fold.  I remember playing the old SPI War in Europe and production was the thing that attracted a lot of people to it.  That would be cool, Ron.  I do not think it needs to be very complicated as using mech points and such would work.  Also are you planning on some kind of Strategic Air war?

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 04:36:47 AM »
I have thought about building a Strategic Air War scenario, similar to the Battle of Britain scenario.  Have not thought about it with respect to production.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 11:34:16 AM »
I have thought about building a Strategic Air War scenario, similar to the Battle of Britain scenario.  Have not thought about it with respect to production.

:thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Ronster

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 04:15:31 AM »
Of course, there has to be a Battle of the Atlantic where the German could build more U-Boats if he wants.  That would affect Britain's production.

These will only enhance the game and make it stand out among a great many WWII Europe ones.  If anyone else wants to chime in, they can.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 05:23:40 AM »
The only problem there is I want to build a separate game.  I have wanted to do that ever since I read (and re-read) the book called "The Atlantic Campaign" by van der Vat.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 01:03:31 PM »
The only problem there is I want to build a separate game.  I have wanted to do that ever since I read (and re-read) the book called "The Atlantic Campaign" by van der Vat.

Ron

:drool
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 01:49:55 AM »
Thought I would give everyone status on WWII-Europe Campaign Scenario #102.  I have been working on this since the last release.

1. The #102 scenario template has been built.
2. The section which defines city control for Axis and Allied has been built.  The Axis starts out with control of 723 city points,while the Allies start with 2263.  For expected points, I toyed with using historical numbers, but this would not work.  Allies control all CP historically by May 1945.  So the Axis side could just do nothing and defend, and it would have 723 CP and win!.  So I am choosing to put the onus of attack on the Axis. To win, they will try to capture all CP.  A linear ~8 CP per turn will get that side moving!
2. Supply sources for Axis and Allies have been determined and put into the scenario array.  There are 68 Axis supply sources, and 89 Allied supply sources.
3. Counter colors for all countries have been put into the array. No real changes here, just making sure the set of colors is complete.
4. Game state array has been put into the array. Covers the entire map area, and starts on first week in September 1939.
5. HighCmd units for each Axis and Allied country are on the map.  Exception is the USA HighCmd, which starts on December 7th, 1941.
6. Units for Poland, Denmark and Norway have been put into the array.  France is next.
7. For Germany and Russia, the units have some special cases.  I intend to use the largest AF and DF for each unit, with losses to make them similar to the units at a particular time.  I built a spreadsheet of the German Panzer units, capturing when the AF-DF changed overtime as units get rebuilt with latest technology improvements.  More work needed here.  I could choose to keep the max AF-DF to a certain number for each year of the war.  Not sure yet, still toying with this concept.  Also, some units are rebuilt several times.  I will be analyzing the AF-DF numbers per week, and putting them into the expected points array.  These are the production/replacement numbers each side can use to try"what ifs".

So the work to be done is:
1. Complete entry of the units for all countries.
2. Calculate the production/replacement numbers, and put that into the array.
3. Complete the expected points section of the array for all 318 turns. Worst case, the Game ends in September 1945. It allows the player to play past May 1945 in case the game is close.
4. Initial coding of the extra rules required for this scenario.
5. Post the scenario to the DropBox, and get feedback from the gaming community.
6. Round two of coding of extra rules for this scenario.

Finally getting to build this beast.  Thanks in advance for your comments.  I promise to consider all comments, and as always, will build selected ones.
Happy gaming!
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »