Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Milviz: F-86F-30 Sabre  (Read 5981 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Milviz: F-86F-30 Sabre
« on: January 27, 2019, 12:03:25 PM »
Milviz: F-86F-30 Sabre

Compatibility: FSXA, FSXSE, Prepar3D v2/v3/4
Home page
Forum
TacPack Compatible

'The ultimate MiG killer'
Produced by North American Aviation, the Sabre is best known as the United States' first swept wing fighter which could counter the similarly-winged Soviet MiG-15 in high-speed dogfights over the skies of the Korean War (1950-53).

Considered one of the best and most important fighter aircraft in that war, the F-86 is also rated highly in comparison with fighters of other eras. Although it was developed in the late 1940s and was outdated by the end of the '50s, the Sabre proved versatile and adaptable, and continued as a front-line fighter in numerous air forces until the last active operational examples were retired by the Bolivian Air Force in 1994.

Its success led to an extended production run of more than 7,800 aircraft between 1949 and 1956, in the United States, Japan and Italy. Variants were built in Canada and Australia. The Canadair Sabre added another 1,815 airframes, and the significantly redesigned CAC Sabre (sometimes known as the Avon Sabre or CAC CA-27), had a production run of 112. It was by far the most-produced Western jet fighter, with total production of all variants at 9,860 units.

Introducing the Milviz F-86F Sabre!

MilViz F-86F Sabre Promotional (2012)

We are extremely pleased to introduce to you our rendition of the renowned F-86 Sabre!

As most F-86 enthusiasts will already know, there were many variations of this aircraft over the course of it's service career. In response to the challenges posed by the formidable MiG-15 during the Korean War, a constant stream of improvements were designed and implemented in an effort to achieve superiority.

We've decided give our full focus, talents, and effort to a single variation: the F-86F-30.

The F-86F itself was deemed the 'ultimate MiG killer' and was produced in large numbers, with some 2,540 airframes manufactured. The F-30 represented efforts to counter the high altitude turning radius of the Mig-15, with the famous '6-3' wing being introduced. A significant refinement, this modification deleted the leading edge slats and added a new solid leading edge with six inches more chord at the root near the fuselage and three inches more length at the wing tip. five inch high boundary layer "fence" rounded out the changes.

With a maximum operating ceiling of 52,000 feet, a top speed of 695 miles per hour, and the ability to finally out-maneuver it's primary foe, the F-86F-30 became the supreme day fighter of the world.

Special F-86F Sabre Features:

•   Realistic flight dynamics by Bernt Stolle
•   Realistic start-up and shutdowns
•   Realistic systems and avionics
•   Custom realistic night lighting, landing lights and custom effects
•   18 HD liveries created by Gunnar von Meeren
•   High quality sound set recorded from a real F-86
•   Selectable load-out options, affecting flight dynamics and performance
•   High quality external and internal models
•   Canopy opening will cause drag to help slow down quicker on the ground!
•   Highly detailed product manual included (available to download here)
•   Paint Kit (available to download here)

Precision & Perfection
Great care and attention has been given to all areas of this model. We've focused heavily on providing authentic flight dynamics that closely mimic the real aircraft, drawing on a wealth of pilot reports and available documentation. As well, we've also strived to closely match the systems of the F-86F30, and matched that with an extremely detailed model and exquisite high definition texturing.

While we've created an aircraft in which you can still 'jump in and fly', those willing to take the time to thoroughly study the provided manual will find a lot to benefit from, along with satisfaction of fully mastering one of the early complex fighter jets!

Highly Configurable
Our F-86F features a custom Aircraft Configuration Menu. Quite in-depth, this can be used to set detailed payload options, radio configurations and ground equipment visibility. Pilots will have to be mindful of how the aircraft is loaded, as adding or removing ordinance or fuel will have an effect on flight dynamics and handling characteristics!

Multi-Platform Support
The MilViz F-86 now supports a wide range of platforms, in a single downloadable installer:
•   FSX: Acceleration
•   FSX: Steam Edition
•   Prepar3d v2
•   Prepar3d v3
•   New! Prepar3d v4

18 Available Liveries
The installer includes 6 high definition liveries, including a true-to-life rendition of "The Huff", which was an F-86F-30 flown by Lt. James Thompson in the Korean War with the 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing, 39th Fighter Interceptor Squadron.

In addition, we're also making available an optional livery pack (now freely downloadable!), which includes 12 additional stunning, high definition liveries crafted for the F-86 by Gunnar von Meeren.

MVAMS Integration

Our innovative MilViz Aircraft Management System (MVAMS) is included with this release. It allows for easy control and set-up of the aircraft. It also allows for easy notification and application of hotfixes as they are released for your aircraft.

TacPack Capability

We are pleased to offer a separate edition of the F-86F-30 that includes TacPack integration for all platforms currently supported by the TacPack software.

With this edition, as well as an installation of the renowned TacPack software from Vertical Reality Simulations, the armament of the F-86F-30 becomes quite powerful. Experience the weapons of the F-86, from it's guns to HVAR rockets and MK117 bombs. The TacPack edition achieves close to full systems fidelity, with the exception of the automatic release mode for the bombs.

Vertical Reality Simulations' TacPack software offers stand-alone weapons and warfare platforms for both Flight Simulator X and Prepar3d. They are payware products and are not included with your purchase from MilViz. An appropriate, platform specific version of the TacPack software is required for the above described functionality and integration in the F-86F-30.
Separate TacPack software required for full weapons functionality; TacPack software not included.

Downloads

Flight Manual:
Full F-86F Sabre Flight Manual. here

Livery Pack:
Includes 12 high definition liveries created by Gunnar von Meeren for the F-86F. here

Paint Kit:
High quality HD paint kit to create your own liveries. here

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Milviz: F-86F-30 Sabre
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
MilViz F-86F-30 Tutorials

Milviz F-86F-30 Quick Start

Milviz F-86F-30 SP1 Flaps

Milviz F-86F-30 Engine Out Procedure

MilViz F-86F-30 TacPack Tutorial

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 12:16:38 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 12:18:32 PM »
Reserved
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 12:28:52 PM »
Wow great post :)

I am thinking to get this plane to my other MilViz Airplane.

Do you have this and when yes where you bought it?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:48:49 PM »
Hi Attila

I do have this plane.

I get all my Milviz planes direct from them. It is an easy process. You get notifications of updates as well.

Milviz make great planes  :thumbsup

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 06:50:33 PM »
Realism settings

To get the most out of the F86 set as follows:

•   Set all your realism settings to their highest level (except for the crash sensitivity).
•   Unlimited Fuel OFF
•   Engine Damage due to overstress OFF.

This prevents interference with the coded systems.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 05:21:01 PM »
Nice :)
funny