Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 13/01/19 @ GMT19:00  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 13/01/19 @ GMT19:00
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:11:56 PM »
D.O.W. Steel Beasts Sunday Mission 13/01/19 @ GMT19:00 – Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989

This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Area Reconnaissance at Neustadt am Rübenberge 1989 by Panzer_Leader

1.   SITUATION

a.   Enemy Forces
The Soviet 3rd Combined Arms Army is attempting to encircle HANOVER and lead elements of 7th Guards Tank Division captured NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE, 26 kilomteres north-west of HANOVER, late yesterday. Helicopter reconnaissance confirms a BTR-equipped Motorised Rifle Company (MRC) has occupied NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE and assumed a hasty defence. Intelligence believes the MRC may be reinforced by a platoon of T-64Bs or BRDM-2 ATs and may be supported by 1-2 batteries of artillery.   

After a pause overnight the Soviet advance and encirclement of HANOVER is expected to continue at first light. Intelligence expects 3rd Combined Arms Army will attempt to complete encirclement of HANOVER at WUNSTORF or further west at PETERSHAGEN-MINDEN. It is expected combat reconnaissance patrols (CRPs) will radiate south and south-west of NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE to locate 1 Panzer Division's (1 PzDiv) main defence. Applying enemy (ENY) doctrinal templates, the CRPs will be followed by a reinforced company-sized forward security element (FSE), reinforced battalion-sized advanced guard main body (AGMB) and regimental-sized main body attacks in succession along the selected ENY axes of advance. 

The ENY currently enjoys local air superiority so attack helicopters and air strikes may be encountered.

b.   Friendly Forces
You command a company-sized kampfgruppe of 4 (Mixed) Company, Panzer Reconnaissance Battalion 1. This comprises a platoon of six Leopard 1A5, a section of four Lynx A2 and a platoon of three Fox 1A6 from 5 Company attached. 

You have a troop of three M109G 155 mm self-propelled howitzers firing HE and SMOKE natures in support. 

The main defence of 1 PzDiv is located to your south-west. Your kampfgruppe is the most forward element of 1 PzDiv and additional support cannot be expected.

c.   Attachments / Detachments
- A jaeger platoon of 3 Fox 1A6 is attached.
- An echelon of 1 Wisent ARV and 1 M113 Medic is attached.
- A section of 4 Lynx A2 is detached. 

2.   MISSION 

Commander of 1 PzDiv's intent is to confirm strength of ENY defence in NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE in preparation for counterattack. Additionally, determine direction of advance of ENY FSE so 1 PzDiv can move to block main body along axis of advance. Insert a patrol behind ENY lines using infiltration route BEOWULF to observe and report on activity behind ENY lines north of NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE. Avoid decisive engagement and maintain combat effectiveness for follow-on tasking by 1 PzDiv.

Mission objectives are:

i. Conduct area reconnaissance of NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE to determine whether defending MRC is reinforced or not and, if so, whether by T-64B or BRDM-2 AT. Defeat any ENY CRPs encountered en route.

ii. Establish observation of roads K347, K333 and K332 to determine direction of advance of ENY FSE. This will indicate axis of advance of follow-on AGMB and main body and allow 1 PzDiv to establish blocking position.

iii. If the situation permits, infiltrate Lynx A2 and/or Fox 1A6 patrol into infiltration route BEOWULF to north-west of NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE.

iv. Avoid decisive engagement and maintain combat effectiveness above 80%.

Hauptmann, the plan to complete the mission is up to you.

Good luck!

SCORING:
- Correctly identify MRC reinforcements in NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE = 30 points.  Select Trigger 1 if you establish the MRC is not reinforced; Trigger 2 if you identify reinforcement by BRDM-2 ATs; Trigger 3 if you identify reinforcement by T-64Bs. Note that the CRPs may also be equipped with T-64Bs so you will need to confirm there are T-64Bs located within NEUSTADT AM RÜBENBERGE itself before selecting Trigger 3.
- Correctly identify route of enemy FSE = 30 points.  Select Trigger 4 if you determine the reinforced company-sized FSE is heading west on the K347; Trigger 5 if you identify it is heading south on the K333; Trigger 6 if you identify it is heading south-west on the K333 then K332.
- Successfully infiltrate one or more operational Lynx A2 and/or Fox 1A6 into infiltration route BEOWULF at mission end = 20 points.
- Maintain combat effectiveness above 80% = 1 point per % strength above 80%.
- A minimum of 60 points is required for victory.

Dogs Of War Vehicles: (in mission)

Leopard 1A5: Click here

Luchs 2A2: Click here

Fuchs 1A6: Click here

M88A1: Click here

M113 Medic: Click here

** Notes **
SB Version: 4.023
Mission Name: Mechanized Infantry Company Team Attack at Gershausen 1987
Created by: Panzer_Leader
Available at: http://www.steelbeasts.com/files/file/1998-area-reconnaissance-at-neustadt-am-r%C3%BCbenberge-1989-v21-4010/
Modified by: N/A
Multi-Crew: Yes
Single Crew: Yes
Largest command: Company
Smallest command: Crew Position
Mission Duration: 90 minutes -10% random
Minimum number of players: 4
Date: Sunday Mission 13/01/19
Time: 19:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak IP: 104.153.105.2:35200
Room: Steel Beasts Pro

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Complete at least 1 tutorial of Leopard 1A5 or read the Wiki pages for the Luchs 2A2 or Fuchs 1A6.
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.
•   HAVOC designated members and Red Alert.
•   Our goal is to have the DOW session more immersive and realistic.

Manning list:

Leopard 1A5s

Chef 4./-:

***/I/4./-:
1/I/4./-:
4/I/4./-:

2/I/4./-:
3/I/4./-:
5/I/4./-:

Luchs 2A2s
***/II/4./-:
1/II/4./-: