Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Waterloo 3D  (Read 26410 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Waterloo 3D
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »

Relive the battle through the eyes of Napoleon, who, despite fighting against two
armies, came within a whisker of victory several times during the battle...

Homepage: Here
Steam: N/A
Official forum: N/A
YouTube: Here

Single-player, Multiplayer

Waterloo3D Announcement Trailer

About

The time is 7 PM, June 18, 1815. Emperor Napoleon has given the final attack orders to his vaunted
Imperial Guard, his final reserves, in a desperate lunge to break open the Anglo-Allied line.

On the other side of the ridge, the Duke of Wellington has positioned his Guards Brigade of
Redcoats, as only he can, behind the reverse slope. The Thin Red Line must hold, for one last time.

On the open French flank, Prince Blucher has given the order to “Fix bayonets and take no
prisoners!” to his Prussians. Quarter will be neither given nor asked. Jena will be avenged at
last!

The Battle of Waterloo, the dramatic 100 days campaign and indeed the whole of Napoleon’s empire
trembles at this cataclysmic moment to the drumbeat of the Imperial Guard advancing.

Waterloo 3D takes you, the player, to that historic moment.

You can play as Napoleon, Wellington or Blucher. The Battle of Waterloo can be played as a single
battle or as a sequence of mini battles each marking the turning points on that fateful day. In
addition, the twin battles of Quatre Bras and Ligny fought 2 days prior to the main battle, are
also available.

Players can either follow the historical arc or explore “what-if” scenarios that try to answer the
great imponderables of that iconic battle. And yes, you can play as Grouchy and choose either to
attack Wav e or rush to Napoleon’s open flank and
thus to the salvation of the French Army.

FEATURES

•    The main battles of Waterloo, Quatre Bras and Ligny.

•    Several dozen mini battles and skirmish scenarios.

•    Very extensive tutorial system to guide novice Napoleonic players.

•    Authentic Napoleonic tactics to keep hard core wargamers engaged.

•    Using Unreal’s UE4 with custom developed rendering code to handle more than 30,000 animated
characters in game.
•    Both single player and multiplayer modes available.

Waterloo 3D FAQs

What is Waterloo 3D?
Waterloo 3D is a real time strategy / wargame that recreates the Battle of Waterloo in unprecedented 3D detail.

When is Waterloo 3D going to be released?
Waterloo 3D will be released during the middle of 2019. A demo will be released early2019.

What platforms are being targeted?
PC platform first. Linux and iOs next.

What’s with the 3D part in the game title?
No hex tiles, no restricted camera angles. Fully modelled 3D terrain with gorgeously rendered in-game 3D units in colourful Napoleonic uniforms.

Apart from Waterloo, are any other battles available in-game?
Yes, apart from the main battle of Waterloo, the battles of Quatre Bras and Ligny will be offered with meticulously
recreated battlefield terrains. We are considering adding the battle of Wavre and the action at Gilly ( French
vanguard vs the Prus- sian rearguard, June 15th) and the action at Genappe (Wellington’s rearguard vs
Napoleon’s vanguard, June 17th) to the package.

Is Waterloo 3D a single, long continuous game?
It could be if the user wants to play the whole Battle of Waterloo in one go. But there are several dozens of
smaller sized battle chunks available in-game.

Are mini-battles available in-game?
Very much so, yes. The player can play several critical events and turning points in the main battle as separate mini-battles.

Can I design my own custom battles?
Yes and yes. The players can design their own mini-armies, tweak the start condi- tions and create their own scenarios.

Will the AI ever cheat?
Never. The player can set 4 levels of AI difficulty: Grouchy mode, Ney mode, Davout mode and Emperor mode.
With each of these modes the AI will get progressively more aggressive and more cunning but will never cheat.

Does the gameplay closely follow the historical sequence of events?
In the historical mode, yes. The players can choose “what-if” scenarios that would diverge from historical arcs to explore several possible alternative outcomes.

What exactly are the WHAT-IF scenarios?
In these scenarios, we explore the great imponderables of this iconic battle. What if the ground had been dry at 6 AM?

What if Count d’Erlon had adopted a less unwieldy formation? What if the reserve cavalry had not been committed too soon?

So many more “what-if ’s.”

Do I have to have a PhD in History to understand the Battle of Waterloo?
No, absolutely not! The game comes with several short and informative guides on the background for and the strategic situation before the Battle of Waterloo. These will be accessible in-game.

Do I have to have plough through drill manuals from 1790s to get the tactics?
The game will come with richly illustrated short guides on Napoleonic tactics and gameplay tips.Also please refer to the TUTORIALS section in the game.

I have never played a Napololeonic game before? Will the tactics be too bewil- dering?
We have an RTS mode setting for aspiring Napoleonic tacticians that offers a fast and fun-filled battle experience.
You just have to remember three formations : Line for firing volleys, column for moving on the battlefield quickly and square as a protection against cavalry. That’s it.

I am a seasoned Napoleonic player? Anything in the game that will keep me engaged?
Yes, absolutely. In the advanced mode, the game gets real hardcore. Whether you form columns right in front or left in front matter.

You must use the passage of lines evolution to pass one battalion through another ( both forward and rearward passages).

Infantry, if shrouded in smoke or after excessive officer loss will take longer time to form square.

Battalions at close proximity to the enemy might fire without orders if under too much stress.

Cavalry regiments might get uncontrollable after a charge.

If you play as French you get the chance to execute an artillery charge a la Senar- mont at
Friedland.

And a host of other features.

So, will Grouchy ever make an appearance?
Yes. In the WHAT-IF scenarios, the player can play as Grouchy and get a chance to save the battle for the Emperor.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Waterloo 3D
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
TUTORIALS

A bit rusty on Napoleonic tactics?

Not to worry. There are several tutorials that guide you through the game.

Start as a novice colonel, learn to move and fight a battalion….

Advance to brigade level command, learn to fight with 4 or more battalions as a unit…

Learn divisional level command, where you can combine infantry and artillery to smash through enemy lines…

Finally, learn the nuances of army level command….

Understand the unique fighting styles of the French, British and the Prussian armies...

SAMPLES FROM THE TUTORIALS SECTION: here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 05:39:23 PM »
Units

Infantry

•   French Grenadiers a Pied
•   French Young Guard
•   British Foot Guards
•   French Line Infantry
•   French Light Infantry
•   British Line Infantry
•   95th Rifles
•   Scottish Line Infantry
•   Prussian Line Infantry
•   Prussian Landwehr
•   Dutch Line Infantry
•   Dutch Light Infantry
•   Belgian Line Infantry
•   Belgian Light Infantry
•   Brunswick Line Infantry

Cavalry

•   British Life Guards
•   Scots Greys
•   British Heavy Dragoons
•   British Hussars
•   British Light Dragoons
•   Guard Grenadiers a Cheval
•   Guard Chasseurs a Cheval
•   Guard Lanciers
•   Guard Empress Dragoons
•   French Carabiniers
•   French Cuirassiers
•   French Hussars
•   French Chasseurs a Cheval
•   Prussian Uhlans
•   Prussian Dragoons
•   Prussian Landwehr
•   Dutch Carabiniers
•   Belgian Light Dragoons
•   Dutch Hussars
•   Brunswick Death’s Head Hussars
•   Brunswick Uhlans

Artillery

•   French Guard Foot Artillery
•   French Guard Horse Artillery
•   British Royal Foot Artillery
•   British Royal Horse Artillery
•   Prussian Foot Artillery
•   Prussian Horse Artillery
•   Dutch-Belgian Foot Artillery
•   Dutch-Belgian Horse Artillery
•   French Foot Artillery
•   French Horse Artillery
•   Brunswick Foot Artillery
•   Brunswick Horse Artillery

Buildings

•   La Haye Sainte
•   Hougoumont
•   Placenoit Church
•   Frichermont
•   Smohain
•   Papelotte
•   La Belle Alliance
•   La Haie
•   Gemioncourt
•   Piramount
•   Ferme des Quatre Bras
•   Pierrepont

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »
Press release

Plus Infinity Studios to Make History with Release of Waterloo 3D
Fight the Historic Battle of Waterloo from Your PC with Never Before Seen Technology

In 2019 Plus Infinity Studios will release Waterloo 3D for PC using Unreal’s UE4 platform. The game
will be released in English, French and German. Players are tasked with leading their army to
victory, while being given the opportunity to change history. Advanced AI in Waterloo 3D born out
of thorough research of first person battle accounts rewards players for period accurate tactics
during the gameplay. With meticulously recreated battlefield terrains coupled with the game
incentives for authentic Napoleonic tactics, players will be immersed in those fateful 100 days of
1815. Plus Infinity Studios’ new proprietary technology will forever change the wargaming and RTS
genre.

“We are super excited to announce this PC game Waterloo 3D!” said chief de- signer Sivakumar
Kanakraj. “We have developed custom IP in our studio on top of Unreal’s stock UE4 code to animate
and move more than 30,000 skeletal meshes in-game!”

Players can dive right into the Battle of Waterloo in historical mode to experi- ence the actual
sequence of events. Plus users can choose to explore additional outcomes with AI that allows for
various what-if scenarios. There are no artifi- cial view angle restrictions and the camera is
fully 3D. The lighting and the level assets are state of the art. The terrain and the Belgian
farmhouses in Waterloo 3D are historically accurate and play a crucial role in battle. Various game
mode difficulty settings accommodate both seasoned historians and those new to the battlefield.

“We have been meticulous in our creation of art assets, using satellite data to recreate the
terrain of Waterloo, Quatre Bras and Ligny,while not forgetting to remove the Lion Mound !”
Kanakraj added. “We have consulted experts, inter- viewed re-enactors and have gone through the
drill manuals from the 1790s to 1812 for bringing out the nuances of the fighting styles of the
French, the An- glo-Allied and the Prussian armies.”

We are aiming to accommodate even lower end PCs for Waterloo 3D at the low- est graphic settings. With a powerful rig, of course, the full visual splendour of the game will shine

Typical system specs:
Processor      : Intel i5 or equivalent
System RAM  : 16 GB
GPU               : GTX 1060

Minimum specs will be released later.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 05:51:21 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 06:33:27 PM »
30K Units Animated on Waterloo3D

Published on 5 Nov 2018
We periodically stress test our animation system, level lighting and our proprietary rendering code. Shown today is a screenshot of thirty thousand units animating in the game at the same time.

Brigade Continuous Volley Fire

Published on 8 Nov 2018
Player brigade moving forward, halting at around 50 yards and engaging the enemy with continuous volley fire. We are still working on fixing the sound.

Brigade Single Volley and Charge

Published on 8 Nov 2018
Player brigade moving forward, halting at around 30 yards, firing a single volley and charging the enemy with the bayonet. We are still working on fixing the sound.

Brigade Continuous Volley Fire with Sounds

Published on 9 Nov 2018
Player brigade moving forward, halting at around 50 yards and engaging the enemy with continuous volley fire. This time we have the music, sound and voice commands integrated.

Brigade Single Volley and Charge with Sounds

Published on 9 Nov 2018
Player brigade moving forward, halting at around 30 yards, firing a single volley and charging the enemy with the cold steel. Sounds, music and voice commands integrated.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 07:12:42 PM »
sounds good to you mention the RTS part, one of the largest and biggest put off in pure war gaming, yes some are now pause able, but playable is another thing altogether i'm sorry to say and as of yet, none have lived long or stayed long in playing in the main stream war gaming circles, so another one for the masses and rush fest which happens with too much going off and not enough time or fingers to control

:'(

shame really as we could do with another good one
 :-[
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 07:22:50 PM »
Hi Zak

Napoleonic warfare moves at a slow pace  :oldman2

But I know what you mean
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 06:46:09 AM »
tbh i have a good idea on why it went the way it has, pure war means less sales, RTS means more, it's simple math's i know, but shame all the same as looks good and like the engine, but no would need a demo first for me or i'd move away at the speed of light and wouldn't go near it with a barge pole i'm sorry to say
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 12:44:27 PM »
but no would need a demo first for me or i'd move away at the speed of light and wouldn't go near it with a barge pole i'm sorry to say

Hi Zak

There is a demo being released. It was meant to come out in December 2018 but was delayed.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline KlausVarna

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
What about HITS system?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »
demo's are always welcome, as no matter what i've said, a demo can change it or prove it just as quick :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
What about HITS system?

That's a possibility but that's an advanced feature that is yet to be implemented.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 11:53:37 PM »
The first mini demo of Waterloo 3D is coming this month!

Waterloo 3D Trailer 2

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Waterloo3D

• Plus Infinity Studios
    • Waterloo£d
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 11:51:36 PM »
Hey everyone, we are super excited to show you our first gameplay video!!

Please check it out ->

We appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

Fred
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Napoleon Total War: Battle Of Waterloo

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 5663
    Last post June 18, 2015, 10:20:22 PM
    by Asid
    Separate Scourge of War: Waterloo section?

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 3076
    Last post November 07, 2016, 04:23:16 PM
    by Asid
    Marching Eagles: Waterloo

Started by Asid

Replies: 12
    Views: 6982
    Last post February 15, 2021, 03:00:04 AM
    by Asid