Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game  (Read 21311 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
« on: December 28, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »

ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.

Home Page: Here
Steam: Here
Forum: Here
YouTube: Here
Manual: Here

Single-player

ATOM RPG - Release Trailer

About

ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur's Gate and many others.

In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission - to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.

ATOM is:

• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond...
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland - both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time...
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!

Mature Content Description

The developers describe the content like this:

The game has graphic violence (blood and partial dismemberment). The game features topics of drug, tobacco and alcohol abuse as well as some mature language and sexual themes.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »
19 DECEMBER   - ATOMTEAM

Hello, dear friends!

At long last, it happened! Finally the moment came, when we can finally say that ATOM RPG is complete! Honestly, it’s hard for us to believe it happened so fast, in just a bit more than a year’s time. The main reason for this amazing growth from a two hour long Kickstarter beta to a game that makes some players lose themselves for 100+ hours, is in you - our awesome players.

It was very hard at times, but we managed, thanks to the advice you gave, the trust you put in us, the constant support you blessed us with. These are not empty words, when we say that ATOM is our game, but it’s also yours.

Now let’s see what we have accomplished together:

ATOM is a Fallout and Wasteland inspired RPG that became something more or less original and independant as it was developed. It’s completely non-linear. It features more than 450+ NPC characters, each with a unique portrait, a branching dialogue and his or her own place in the world’s structure.

ATOM has various endings and various paths to reach them with. The system of perks, skills and traits will let you create any character type you can imagine, be it a brawler or a traveling intellectual.

ATOM now features more than 250 unique quests of all shapes and sizes - from simple to epic, from partially hidden to in-your-face obvious.

It has 90+ different locations, scattered around three global maps. It holds 100+ types of weapons, 30+ types of enemies, and even a car. A lot is possible in this living world, the fate of which largely depends on your gameplay choices.

And the best thing is this: We’re not letting go of this world just yet. After this release, there will be plenty more content to come in the shape of free DLCs and patches!

Thank you for walking this road with us.
And let there always be ATOM!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 12:56:07 AM »
Patch 1.06
29 DECEMBER - ATOMTEAM

Hello, friends!

Like promised, we are continuing to improve the game according to the advice you give us on the forums. This update is pretty large and significant. We really hope you will enjoy the changes it brings. Here is the full list of them:

•   Reworked the aimed shot system;
•   Reworked random encounter balance;
•   You can now refuel at the caravaneers and in Red Fighter;
•   Stalkers now visit Red Fighter on a certain stage of development;
•   Battle speed can now be changed in the menu;
•   Better optimization for ATI and GeForce cards;
•   An ability to switch and rebind keys in any way you prefer;
•   Better criticals!
•   Typos our community found are now fixed;
•   Reworked skill and attribute checks some NPCs have;
•   Fixed Hexogen;
•   Master of Unlocking now grants XP;
•   Shadow errors in Dead City fixed;
•   Livened up trade in Peregon;
•   Lone Wolf perk does not punish you for having Dzhulbars in the party;
•   Modified weight of some items, work is in progress;
•   Characters no longer get stuck on the Factory level;
•   Some car bugs fixed;
•   A new map for random encounters added;
•   Around ten lesser bugs fixed;

We would also like to use this opportunity to wish you all a happy New Year! Thanks for sticking with us, friends. You help make our dream game even better! Have a great holiday, and let there be ATOM!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 12:30:23 AM »
Happy New Year 2019
31 December, 2018 - AtomTeam   

Dear friends!

An important year is coming to a close today. 2018 was so turbulent, so fast-paced and so fruitful, we can’t even imagine of repeating it. So much has been done! From a two hour long beta, ATOM has grown into a large, enticing world, where one can lose oneself for dozens of hours.

Yet, this is not even the end! 2019 will be as important for ATOM, as 2018 was. It will bring you new interesting locations, new characters, new quests, new weapons and new balance tweaks. Your ideas and suggestions will not go to waste. How could they? Without you, the waning year would never have been as successful for our team.

Thank you for sticking with us for all this time, and helping to make ATOM better every day.

Happy New Year! Good health, love, and awesome games to you all!

Let there always be ATOM!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 04:00:28 PM »
Has anyone played this title?  It looks very interesting, but I don't want to get burned on another game like this full of bugs and horrible design decisions.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline zakblood

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
play half an hour round at my m8's house over Xmas, i liked what i saw and games seems very polished, it has the story and looks of a few games, which is all good to me and plays like it looks, so good there, developers are quite active on the steam forums and patches haven;t taken too long to come out once and item has been mentioned, those in my steam friends list who have it all seem to like it and have been very positive with there comments and praise

and here's ones comments on it,

Pros:
- imagine if they actually made Fallout: Van Buren ... this is it!
- you do have a definitive start: you are essetially a vault-dweller tasked with finding a disappeared search-team for your secret society, ATOM
- it is the most fun post-apocalyptic RPG game I have played in a while
- it does draw you in and you do change the world in small ways with every decision made
- it has real characters and solid plotlines that are engaging... and yes there is a reason this sounds like my Fallout 2 review...
- the combat system (and several audio cues) are taken directly from Fallout 2, a little more polished
- there is a definite feel of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to be had here
- the narrative is stronger however, like ICY but way less dark, though quite unforgiving - and often you cannot go back and 'try again'
- the world map is gorgeous and the townships beautifully designed
- a lot of the puzzles can be resolved intelligently within the same town-map, avoiding the horrible practice of going across the world-map to retrieve an item, then comeback.
- it is worth calling out the great job the translation team have done on this Russian game: it reads very well with very few issues

There are a lot of choices to be made in the game; some fun, some dark
- flirting with the guards to earn favours
- exploring the grisly fate of bunker 317
- singing R.E.M. songs with a disillusioned teen girl, under a haystack
- unearthing the slave-trafficking plot
- solving the circus riddle
- leading or eradicating the bandits
- investigating the farmsteads with creepy backstories
- changing local politics to establish new leaders and powers
- fighting off hords of cultists in tinfoil-hats
- fighting mutated insects and radiation sickness
- fighting bandits, looters, mutants, and anyone you upset in this paranoid world
- discovering the fate of the ATOM search team

Cons:
- in most places it is open world, but sometimes your choices are very limited; the hackneyed 'ambushed' start, even as a diplomat you cannot always talk your way out of situations, etc
- the combat is an improved version of Fallout 2, however that system itself wasn't wonderful: it is slicker, but still sluggish and clumsy
- there are some bugs, however the developer is actively working hard to resolve these and works hard with the fanbase community to make the game richer
- the game world is about the size of Fallout 2, so you can see most of it fairly quickly
- the crafting system is basic, and feels superceded by about 20h in, once guns and rubles start becoming more available
- the camera, while good to be able to rotate, feels like it could zoom in and out much more: there are even cutscenes that force tha camrea into lowdown views, so it could almost be played as a proper 3rd-person game rather than a rotating isometric / top-down version
- some puzzles are too esoteric: search this desk for one item to put somewhere else, etc: unintuitive and the rewards for such random finds are usually underwhelming
- the menus could do with a lot more explanation and guides: I did totally miss the skill-tree for the first 10h of play, for example. The hotkeys are also not apparent, eg: TAB to centre on player (who can walk off map) - these basics would be good to know from an in-built wiki.

Summary:
This is how the cold-war ended: in 1986 with annihilation. This is therefore a 'WarGames' themed Fallout clone, but done really-really well, and from a Russian paerspective.
as such there are some nice in-jokes, 80s references, STALKER jokes and Fallout homages. The game plays really nicely and the free-camera makes the game come alive.
Despite the odd bug and niggle, the game is smooth and allows for a lot of nice freedom: a world map can be explored and a lot of self-contained townships with self-contained puzzles.
The gameplay has real depth and a whole bag of personality.

9/10: as irradiated RPGs go, this is an absolute classic - jump in now; build this into the franchise to replace ol'76.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 07:53:56 PM »
added to the fact that his comments are pre patch 1.06, which fixes quite a few of the minor issues and niggles he mentions, i'd say it's a good game if you like the type, the price is well worth it atm on offer and even at full price for the amount of hours on offer, it's a good deal for me, but it depends on your gaming likes and gaming history, so try before you buy and visit a m8 first who has it or watch some videos of the game play, as there's plenty about now, happy new year and good luck with it either way :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 08:02:00 PM »
I agree with Zak. I have it but haven't had much time lately.....

I have read a lot of posts about it and they are very positive. As Zak said, the devs are working with the community to fix any bugs  :thumbsup

I am looking forward to playing it soon  :gamer
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
don't think i'll get it, as not got the time this year for game playing tbh, but reading the reviews, with 99% very positive, it does seems to be going in the correct direction for a classic gaming tag if it keeps going the same way,

the 1% can be classed as kids or idiots or both regarding there comments, with most just being 0 level steam moaners, which most games on steam have now days, day one accounts with no games attached who get banned for spamming rubbish reviews with little or no comments or reasons given, but there reviews remain, one of the many pitfalls of steam and it's poor forums i may add and lack of mods doing much
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 10:48:58 PM »
Many Steam "reviews" make me   :facepalm_smiley
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 07:17:53 PM »
added to the fact that his comments are pre patch 1.06, which fixes quite a few of the minor issues and niggles he mentions, i'd say it's a good game if you like the type, the price is well worth it atm on offer and even at full price for the amount of hours on offer, it's a good deal for me, but it depends on your gaming likes and gaming history, so try before you buy and visit a m8 first who has it or watch some videos of the game play, as there's plenty about now, happy new year and good luck with it either way :howdy

I love this type of game and usually snap up everything that even looks remotely interesting.  As I get older I don't snap up so many without checking.  It looks and sounds like this is a good choice.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »

I love this type of game and usually snap up everything that even looks remotely interesting.  As I get older I don't snap up so many without checking.  It looks and sounds like this is a good choice.

Thank you!

Let us know if you get it and what you think  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
18 JANUARY - ATOMTEAM

Hello, friends!

Tonight, we offer you our newest patch, numbered 1.07.
We worked on it for quite a while, so we really hope you will like what it brings to the game.

Here is the log of the main changes:

•   Reworked random encounters, changed fight balance. WIP.
•   Added new map - ATOM base - and tutorial.
•   Fixed car bugs.
•   Stock renew on save-load fixed.
•   Circus location bugs fixed, now quests are correctly given out and failed.
•   VIL-A fixed.
•   Xander P-603 fixed.
•   Informer fixed.
•   Castle leader’s quest line fixed, consequences added to different approaches.
•   Peregon’s government quest fixed, now you can correctly dispose of every leader.
•   You can now get to the ship in Krasnoznamenny while playing the Chaos route.
•   Minor bug fixes in all major settlements.
•   Typos and weird phrasing fixed in parts of the translation. WIP.
•   New recipe books for crafting.
•   Better optimization of the game.
•   Companions AI improved.

Thank you for sticking with us. Now, we’re off to make the big update which will include new locations and quests. Stay tuned :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 12:34:05 AM »
27 JAN - ATOMTEAM

Hello, friends!

Time for another hotfix. This time we made the following improvements:

- Tools no longer vanish when crafting Heavy Crossbows
- Interraction with the Boat added even when Captain is dead
- Changed a few bugs in Dead City (VIL-a and some more)
- Optimized Krasnoznamenny, no more lag
- Fixed issues with Night Vision
- Fixed Grishka bug on the Factory
- Item duplication bug fixed in Tutorial
- Random game crashes fixed
- Prisoner in factory now correctly moves away from player path
- Car no longer gets stuck on Global map

Currently, we have started work on the first big free DLC which will add new locations, new characters, new quests and even some new mechanics. Thanks for sticking with us, guys!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »
1.08 Update Teaser
5 Mar - AtomTeam

Greetings, friends!

After a month and a half long development cycle, we are finally ready to announce the contents of the free update, which we are planning to release on March 20th.

We spent our time working on all aspects of the game. Because of this, the game will now feature the following:
•   Quality of Life improvements (with a whole lot of new features suggested to us by you, our players);
•   Mod creation tools as well as full mod support;
•   Additional balance rules that do not override previous ones, but add to them greatly;
•   New AI functions;
•   Weapon tweaks, including changes to AP consumption and to-hit formulae;
•   Tens of new characters with their unique dialogues and portraits;
•   New questline with two opposing factions;
•   Huge improvements to the stability of the game;
•   New visual effects and animations;
•   New graphic elements (status icons, items, game art);
•   New locations and random encounters;
•   Bug fixes galore;
•   New achievements.

We will also make another update-related post, with full info on balance changes. Be sure to express your opinion on the topic when it's ready.

Also, a special bullet point, aimed at our English-speaking audience: talented writer Scott Hamm of “Age of Decadence” and “Battle Brothers” fame is now helping us improve the English translation of the game. Thank you very much, Scott.

And thank you, our players, for sticking with us and ATOM!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Tiller Game type of

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 0
    Views: 2239
    Last post January 07, 2017, 04:26:34 AM
    by gameleaper
    Minecraft School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - Gameplay Trailer

Started by Asid

Views: 2737
    Last post January 14, 2020, 03:32:54 PM
    by Asid
    Create massive game worlds with Unity's Entity Component System (ECS)

Started by Asid

Views: 3250
    Last post March 20, 2019, 03:26:06 PM
    by Asid
    Janes 688i H/K game proposal

Started by Red2112

Replies: 20
    Views: 10851
    Last post October 10, 2016, 09:47:26 PM
    by Lusik
    Star Citizen - Alpha 3.0 gamescom 2016 Gameplay