Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: DCS MultiPlayer Server  (Read 10016 times)

Offline texxasal

DCS MultiPlayer Server
« on: December 28, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
As a newcomer to the DCS world, I was wondering if there was any interest in operating a MultiPlayer server?

While it's sadly lacking in many things (available geography and real-world weather being the most prominent), it does provide an excellent platform for creating repeatable scenarios.

Anyway, best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Al
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: DCS MultiPlayer Server
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Hi Al

The group used to play DCS multiplayer a while back.

Are you talking about a dedicated server? Do you have any details of what you are considering/would like to do?

Happy New Year to you as well Al   :cheers

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:39:31 AM »
actual, real dedicated server is finally getting some attention.  in the beta release this week is a dedicated (well, what ED calls dedicated) server with all assets able to be loaded without having keys for them.  it just requires the -no-render option on the command line.

hopefully this will move to release within the next month.  over at RLG we will have a dedicated server to run on Wed nights once this moves to release.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 12:44:21 AM »
I have tested the dedicated server and it seems to be working properly.  note i hosted stable release missions even thought he dedicated server is termed open beta.  i think a lot of folks think it can only host open beta missions/versions.

I intend to get a virtual server running and host sessions there - at a datacenter.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:16:39 AM »
Sounds great, I'll have to check it out.  Been super distracted with flying commercial in Prepar3d and xplane at the moment.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
Our dedicated server is up and running.  You can find it in the public server list as RLGaming DCS Server.  It is password protected, let me know if you want to fly on it via PM and I will send you the password.  Right now there are some coop missions (they do have a few opfor slots as well) for Caucasus and Persian Gulf.

If you know what you are doing I can also give you the account info to manage the server.

If you have or know of any goo coop missions let me know and I can add them to the server.

DoW is welcome to use this server, I intend to leave it up 24/7.  Of course let me know of any issues.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Hammer

• RLGaming.com
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 01:05:53 AM »
An update: our group has switched to open beta only so the server is running with open beta code and missions created and modified with open beta version.  Currently we are running through some modified persistent mission by Surrexen and they actually bring back some of the feel of the of Falcon 4 dynamic campaigns!  Lots of fun and challenge.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

F-14 Multiplayer Testing: DCS

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2660
    Last post April 03, 2016, 03:03:15 AM