Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North
« on: December 19, 2018, 03:25:43 PM »

Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North is a gripping, tactical RPG that lets you build a powerful band of adventurers and partake in a grand adventure.

Homepage: Here
Steam: Here
Official forum: Here
YouTube: Here

Single-player

Shieldwall Chronicles Swords of the North Trailer

About

In Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North, you lead a mercenary band into the perilous and cold northlands of Tarren. Your search for fortune will see you pitch blade and spell book against a host of enemies including the undead, demons, and lizardmen and many other creatures. In a battle that is part game-book and part tactical RPG, you will build a powerful band of warriors and wizards and tilt the balance of power in the northern kingdoms.

Key Features

•   Take part in deep, turn-based combat. Combat is realistic and incorporates details such as weapon range, damage effects, and counter attacks without slowing down gameplay. Players will also have to use cover and line of sight effectively to be successful.

•   Build a party from among 15 different classes. Choose a party of six heroes that range from scholarly wizards to hardened warriors. Using each character type to their fullest is vital to securing victory as most excel in only certain tasks. Wizards have massively destructive magic but will fall quickly to a simple spear thrust while great warriors can hold off a horde if properly supported.

•   A unique morale system adds an entirely new tactical layer to the combat. Warriors will fight far better if they believe the tide of battle is on their side and will begin to panic if they believe otherwise. Watching a friend fall or an enemy leader slain drastically affects morale. Arrows and spells, even when they miss, will affect the courage of both friends and foes in their area of effect. Finally, the bloodlust mechanic means certain warriors will find new sources of energy for each foe they slay.

•   Collect hundreds of powerful magic items to equip your party. Each character can equip up to nine items from swords, shields, cloaks, rings to helmets. Each item can range from a common item that grants only a small benefit to legendary items that can both boost stats and grant entirely new powers to its bearer. Fighters can equip magical rings that can allow them to conjure fireballs or summon undead guardians, for example. The magic item system allows you to customize your party even further and develop entirely new tactics and battle plans.

•   Enjoy over 50 hours of gameplay in the campaign. Your journey will see you lead your party across snow-covered wilderness, through dark caverns, ancient ruins and the bloody streets of great cities. Battles can be replayed at various difficulties and no level cap provides no end of enjoyment for the die-hard player.

•   Delve into a gritty, realistic world that blends dark age history and culture with fantasy races and monsters. The northern kingdoms of Tarren are places where men fight in shield walls with spear, axe and sword against elves, dwarfs, goblins and even dragons. Wizards and monsters are powerful but can still be defeated with sound tactics, armour and courage.

Mature Content Description
The developers describe the content like this:
Shieldwall Chronicles features medieval combat against humans and fantasy creatures. The violence is from a top down perspective and not overly graphic.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:47:44 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »
Gameplay

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »
1.1 Patch Details
18 DECEMBER   - WAVELIGHTGAMES

Hi everyone, here are details on the first patch. These are a mix of bug fixes and feature requests from the userbase.

- Fixed bug where overwriting an old save with a new campaign would prevent progressing in that campaign properly.
- Fixed bug where the buttons in the camp site would not be easy to click on certain resolutions.
- Fixed exploit where using buffs to reduce attack or move AP cost below zero would result in a character gaining AP when they moved or attacked in Complex gameplay mode.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Heavy Hitter achievement from being awarded.
- Fixed the reward backpack position so that it is not off screen when setting the UI scale option has been increased.
- Fixed a bug that made the infobox explaining that units with unused action points will go on guard show up more than once. After the first time, it will not display again for the user.
- Patrols are now more frequent on higher difficulty levels.
- Difficulty slider added to Replay Battles screen.
- Attacks and counter attacks are now displayed on the character's stat sheet in the inventory and in the shop UI.
- Updated in-game credits with tester names.
- Added an option to hide the glow effects in the UI.

If you have any feedback please share it in the community hub or discord and we'll do our best to address any concerns.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wavelightgames

• Wavelight Games Developer
    • Wavelight Games
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »
Thanks for posting.

I'm the dev if anyone has questions.  I'm a history fanatic myself and love marrying historical accuracy with fantasy and crazy monsters.  I tried my best to do that here in this game with realistic weapons, armour, fighting techniques and so on.

Still some liberties taken like letting heroic characters fight without helmets so we can see their pretty faces and such but did my best.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »
played it round at my mates house the other night when it was released, a great game thanks and really enjoyed it and a very good price for steam, had a chance of doing a steam review for it, but didn't have the time, as i was doing some others testing at the time, so good luck with the game and wish you all the success, Merry Christmas wavelightgames
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wavelightgames

• Wavelight Games Developer
    • Wavelight Games
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 05:16:47 PM »
Thanks!  Glad you liked it. 

When you have time, please do leave a review.  It helps tremendously.   :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
some one else from the group would have done it now, as on 4 steam groups with access to review keys.

i don't do many, i tend to just do now days the ones i alpha and beta on mostly, or i would have :thumbsup

so hope sales are going well as steams a hard and full market
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »
1.2 Patch Details
Shieldwall Chronicles: Swords of the North - WaveLightGames

New Content
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added at the start of campaign.
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before the confrontation with the bandit chieftain.
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before tavern brawl.

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed a bug where the return to Osmod’s tower level would not load if you chose to betray the dwarf king.
•   Fixed a bug where the game would hang if you shot a fire arrow or threw a grenade at a point where the caster would also be caught in the blast radius.
•   Mystic barriers are no longer difficult to target for attacks.
•   Fixed a typo in the description for Potion of Rage item.
•   Fixed a bug where the ability description screen would not disappear if you killed the last enemy on a map with an attack ability such as Sweeping Blade.
•   Fixed a bug where a character would run on the spot and cause the game to hang if they tried to hide behind the skull statue in the bandit ambush level.
•   The glow effect behind the inventory screen is now disabled if you choose to disable UI glow effects in the options menu.

Changes:
•   Targeting tiles are now shown in blue rather than red to make them clearer for those affect by colour blindness.
•   Text in campsite buttons are now clearer and easier to read.
•   Increased range of cleric’s healing touch from 1 tile to 3.
•   Increased movement speed of Dwarf character class from 3 to 4 in simple gameplay mode.
•   Increased movement speed of Tree Spirit character class from 3 to 4 in simple gameplay mode.
•   Increased size of campaign and replay mission screens slightly to make them easier to read.
•   Adjusted position of clouds in bandit ambush level to stop them obscuring the battlefield.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 04:59:35 PM »
1.3 Patch Notes

Here are details for the latest patch:

New Content
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before the ghoul ambush.
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before the confrontation with the death mage.
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before the battle with the werewolf at the ruined temple.
•   New cinematic cut scenes with dialogue added before the ambush of the dwarven caravan by the Ratmen.

Changes:
•   In Complex mode, the cost of performing an attack and a movement is now increased by 2 x the character's current level. This is to prevent characters from becoming too powerful as they level up in this mode.
•   Improved the AI to use heals more effectively.
•   Improved the AI to not advance into melee range if the unit is primarily a missile unit.
•   Improved the AI for spearmen units to try and retreat out of range of counter attacks where possible.
•   Improved the AI for missile units to retreat out of melee and hide behind cover when possible (more likely to do so on low morale)
•   Targeting tiles are now shown with a curly particle effect to make it clearer.
•   Reduced potency of cleric's enchant weapons ability.
•   Increased the stats of the lizardmen hero, lizardmen raider and fireborn.
•   Increased the number of lizardmen archers on the temple entrance level.

Bug Fixes
•   Various minor bug fixes.

Please note that this update includes a major change for Complex mode gameplay. The increase of AP cost for attacks and movement makes the game considerably slower paced than currently in the middle and late game. This is in response to the current situation where characters are able to move across the board and attack far too often once they reach level 6 and onwards. If you disagree with this change or feel that is should not as significant, please let me know in the community thread and we will continue to adjust it.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 11:07:05 PM »
1.31 Patch Notes
3 January - WaveLightGames

Here are the details for the latest patch:

Bug Fixes:
•   Fixed the bug where a character might run on the spot indefinitely if trying to get to a position on the map they have no way of reaching.
•   The mystic barrier at the battle to save Osmod is no longer in the wrong faction. Golems on that level can no longer attack past the barrier to hit Osmod directly.

Changes:
•   Added the character's level to the unit stat sheet.
•   Reduced the increase of AP attack cost and move cost in complex mode from 2 x character level to 1.5x.
•   Changed the AP and life gain per level up for fighters, wizards and missile characters to be consistent to allow a more uniform upgrade path.
•   Improved the enemy AI to use defensive stance (when available) if on low health or low morale.
•   Improved the enemy AI to use offensive stance more often when on high health and enemy are within attack range.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »
1.32 Patch Details
7 January - WaveLightGames

The latest patch includes some bug fixes and a new zone of control mechanic to allow players (and the AI) to prevent players passing through the tiles adjacent to an enemy unit without first engaging that enemy.

Changes:
•   New zone of control mechanic added where a unit can no longer move through the tiles adjacent to an enemy except to engage with that enemy.
•   The mystic barrier hit points have been increased to 300 to allow sufficient time for players to rescue Osmod in the wizard's tower level.
•   Reduced the number of lizardmen in the temple entrance level.

Bug Fixes:
•   Huscarle's War Cry ability now correctly reduces enemy morale by 20 points instead of 200.
•   The border around active effects in the unit stat sheet is now visible.

Please note that the zone of control mechanic is still experimental. If you have feedback or find any bugs in its implementation, please let us know.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:32 AM »
1.33 Patch Notes

Changes:
•   Added a new bonus for surrounding a target with 3 or more enemies. If attacking an enemy while it has 3 or more enemies in adjacent tiles, the attack receives a +25 attack skill bonus.
•   Various minor game balance changes.

Bug Fixes:
•   Fixes a bug where on some levels the game would lock up during the enemy turn.
•   Fixes a bug where cancelling the option to overwrite an existing save game would bring up the load menu rather than the new save menu.
•   Fixed various minor bugs.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »
Preview of new life indicators and random encounter level.
17 JANUARY   - WAVELIGHTGAMES

Here is a preview of the upcoming changes to the character life indicators. The existing life and AP bars will be replaced by these circular rings that will indicate remaining life. Please let me know your thoughts.

Also, the screenshot shows one of the new random encounter levels that will be in the next update.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 12:02:47 AM »
1.4 Patch Uploaded

New Content:
•   3 new random encounter levels added for the northern forest regions. These levels feature large, randomly appearing enemy patrols.
•   New background music tracks added. These tracks replace most of the previous background music tracks used at launch.
•   New circular indicators added to replace the life / AP bars for each character.
•   Replaced the huscarle in the camp site menu with a higher resolution character model.

Game Balance Changes:
•   Changed the minimum melee and ranged attack damage for all player characters and enemies to have larger range. Most attacks have a minimum attack value of 1 - 3 and a larger maximum damage value. This is to make the armour stat more relevant in the combat mechanics.
•   Critical hits no longer ignore all armour. Instead, the armour stat is reduced by half for that attack.
•   Critical damage multiplier now ranges between 25% to 75%. This is to reduce the effectiveness of melee fighters such as the assassin that relies on critical damage.
•   Abilities that increase melee or ranged attack damage now only increase maximum damage rather than minimum and maximum damage values.
•   Lowered the bonus armour value derived by several abilities that increase armour (such as Shieldwall). This is due to the fact that under the updated combat mechanics, armour has a more prevalent role.
•   Increased the range of hit chances for melee and ranged attacks from 15% to 85% to 5% to 95%.

Bug Fixes:
•   Fixed a bug where text would appear blurry on screens with resolutions of 1920 x 1080.
•   Several minor bugs fixed.

Future patches will include more random encounter levels. Eventually, there will be 12 random encounters in total that will be unlocked as the player completes more levels in the campaign.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »
1.41 Patch Details

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed a bug where critical damage was always set to maximum damage multiplied by 50% instead of a straight 50% increase to melee damage.
•   Some minor UI bug fixes.

Changes
•   Reduced the range of damage from melee and missile attacks to reduce the randomness of attack damage values during combat.
•   Increased the starting life of the melee-focussed character classes by 4 points.

This is a minor patch that fixes a bug introduced in the previous update. It also makes some changes to arrive at the correct value of armour and critical hits.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Oh Beautiful Combat Mission, How I Love Thee!

Started by Stardog765

Replies: 3
    Views: 4548
    Last post March 22, 2016, 08:18:08 PM
    by Asid
    North and South Napoleon Total War Mod

Started by Chosokabe Motochika

Replies: 1
    Views: 2818
    Last post March 09, 2017, 12:21:36 PM
    by Asid
    Shieldwall