Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Combat Mission Shock Force 2  (Read 14343 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Combat Mission Shock Force 2
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »
Hi Jace

I noticed it had been released but was caught up in this post . The way the developer treats the customers is  :bullshit

They could take some cues from the Graviteam devs  :thumbsup

THANK YOU for posting the release  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 07:44:23 AM »
Hot off the press:

We're close to release, but not quite there yet!  The Demos are now out for all to enjoy while we finish things up. Let me explain...

When we set out to remake CMSF1 into CMSF2 we made a decision to release the Base Game and the three Modules all at once.  This allows people to purchase Bundles right away instead of facing the decision to buy sooner, one full priced piece at a time, or wait until we have everything out for a bulk discount.  Since it would suck for you guys to face this choice we opted to release everything at once.

The downside of releasing everything at once is having to rework the content of effectively 4 games at one time.  That's a total of something like 150 battles (stand alone + campaigns) that needed reworking.  As you can imagine it's not just adding the updated style of Briefings, it's about making sure the scenarios are properly balanced with all the game changes from the past 10 years.  Adding FoW fortifications, AI Plan overhauls, touching up maps, etc. and then going through the testing cycle make sure everything works right takes a long time to do.  More than we expected, that's for sure.

OK, OK, OK... I know you're wondering what this all means in terms of a release timeframe.  What we've decided to do is stop making you wait until every single scenario and the 6 campaigns are totally done.  Instead, we're moving towards releasing all the stand alone scenarios, the Base Game campaign (TF Lighting), and the campaign for Marines (Semper Fi!) in one go.  That's a couple hundred hours of entertainment right there, not to mention what QuickBattles adds to the mix.  That should keep you busy while we finish reworking the British and three NATO campaigns :)

I don't think we can get it out the door by the end of October, but we don't want it to be much longer than that.  We released Upgrade 4 at Christmas time last year and we'd rather not do that again for understandable reasons.

I'll give you guys another update at the end of the month.

Thanks for your patience!  This has been a labor of love for sure, with almost equal emphasis on both the labor and the love!

Steve
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »
Shock Force 2 released

https://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/

CMSF2 Base Game $60.00

CMSF2 Marines Module $35.00

CMSF2 British Forces Module $35.00

CMSF2 NATO Module $35.00

Discounts when you buy module(s) + base game

CMSF2 Big Bundle  $165.00   $125.00

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »
And here´s the page for upgrading CMSF 1 products:

https://www.battlefront.com/cmsf1-upgrades/

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

Hopefully it will not be problematic and confusing like it usually is  :punishment
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »

Hopefully it will not be problematic and confusing like it usually is  :punishment

According the feedback in the forum its not problematic, cos people only have to fill in the old and the new serial when the installer asks about.

There are few exceptions, for exemple if someones got a retail version of CMSF 1 from somewhere else. Then the helpdesk is needed to issue the matter manually.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 03:07:25 PM »
BTW, Brits and NATO modules arent reworked completely yet, so for now only TFT and Marines is playable. Thats my available info at least.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 03:22:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Sandman  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 04:28:27 PM »
I was able to upgrade to CMSF2 by contacting support. They were responsive (same day) and helpful (gave me the upgrade). My issue was that I had originally purchased the Paradox boxed version of CMSF1 at a local store (a long time ago). Battlefront said they don't track or have record of the Paradox versions sold. Fortunately for me though, I did purchase the Marine module a while ago from the BF website. Their logic was sound when they stated 'who would just by the module and not the main game?"

Now...having said that; I've played a couple of missions and am in awe. Not of the game, but of how GOD LIKE the AI is. It's very frustrating to see the AI behave as though it was impervious to weapon fire. Two LAV engage an RPG team at some distance, and are joined by a machine gun from a light vehicle. Despite this, the RPG gunner casually knocks out one of the LAVs.  I guarantee you, because I've seen this first hand, no one--not even Chuck Norris--would be able to do that. So suppression doesn't seem to me modeled--for the enemy AI that is. Meanwhile, a couple of pot shots from the AI at my soldiers and they run like pansies.

Very frustrated / disappointed. #notfun

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline zakblood

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
must admit it's a mixed bag, with some buyers saying it's good and others saying it's not a great AI either.

so i guess it really depends on your play style, your outlook and ability and understanding on how real life is and how unreal some games are, don't own any so can't really comment, played a few of their demo's, which tbh didn't make me want to go out and buy it either, but that's the point of a demo, choice, for me it was a no, but have many friends who said yes and own this and there other games and quite enjoy them.

:howdy

so in the end you can't please everyone and each to there own :doubt :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 11:19:24 PM »

Now...having said that; I've played a couple of missions and am in awe. Not of the game, but of how GOD LIKE the AI is. It's very frustrating to see the AI behave as though it was impervious to weapon fire. Two LAV engage an RPG team at some distance, and are joined by a machine gun from a light vehicle. Despite this, the RPG gunner casually knocks out one of the LAVs.  I guarantee you, because I've seen this first hand, no one--not even Chuck Norris--would be able to do that. So suppression doesn't seem to me modeled--for the enemy AI that is. Meanwhile, a couple of pot shots from the AI at my soldiers and they run like pansies.

Very frustrated / disappointed. #notfun

Is it something that can/will be addressed?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

The System Shock remake is coming

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 4401
    Last post July 02, 2016, 02:10:29 PM
    by RedWardancer
    Choosing a Team Yankee List for your IDF force and paint it Part 2: Infantry and

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2203
    Last post May 01, 2020, 03:02:51 PM
    by Asid
    Command The Silent Service - Mission - How Russian Submarine Crews Spell Transit

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3028
    Last post April 05, 2018, 03:15:29 PM
    by Asid
    Door Kickers 2: Task Force North

Started by Asid

Replies: 18
    Views: 6082
    Last post July 04, 2022, 11:17:38 PM
    by Asid
    Home of Wargamers IV Live - Close Combat: The Bloody First gameplay