Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator  (Read 35702 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 01:19:06 AM »
How to install the Early Access Apollo 8 historical campaign in Reentry
21 December - Sotamakkara

Today (12/21/2018) marks the 50 year anniversary for the Apollo 8 launch! The Apollo 8 crew were now preparing for the mission, with the launch only hours away.

Today, 50 years later, the features needed to fly to the Moon was released in the Early Access build as 0.203 rolled out. This allows you to try the journey to the Moon yourself!

In addition, the Early Access of the Apollo 8 historical campaign for Reentry is now available. You will be able to select the Mission from the Campaigns menu, but since the mission is still so early in development, you need to install it manually.

Installing is easy and will only take a minute by following the steps below:
1) Go to https://github.com/ReentryGame/Apollo8Campaign
2) Download the content as ZIP or clone it directly into 3)
3) Add the files in this repository to %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Wilhelmsen Studios\ReEntry\Campaigns\

Your campaign folder should now look something like this:
AppData\LocalLow\Wilhelmsen Studios\ReEntry\Campaigns\Apollo8Campaign

Good luck!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 01:41:24 AM »
Patch 0.205.EA is out!
22 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

This patch, including 0.204.EA, is a minor update to the large 0.203 patch. It fix some major issues with the Mission System, and will make it possible to run through the Early Access of the Apollo 8 campaign.

Once the client is update, please update the campaign as well by following this link: https://github.com/ReentryGame/Apollo8Campaign

The Apollo 8 campaign has multiple parts. Part 1 will do the prep, ascent, and orbit insertion. After this the mission should complete. You can then go to the campaing page to select Part 2. Part 2 is all about the TLI and LV sep.
The mission will complete after separation and the burn check.

Part III is a placeholder but will start at the Lunar approach, and Part 4 will start in Lunar orbit.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »
Patch 0.206.EA is out, fixing Mission System issues
26 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

The latest patch is a patch that will fix various Mission System issues and bugs, such as the bug that makes it impossible to complete Part II of the Apollo 8 Early Access mission.

Part II will in the future contain the Mid-Course Correction burn. Part III will have the Moon approach and orbit burn, and Part IV will load in orbit and have the Lunar Orbit tasks!

Please update the simulator to make Part II work. This fixes some other things too but the Mission System is the main part of this update.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 02:13:09 AM »
Patch 0.207.EA is out, general bug-fixing and typo-fixes!
6 JANUARY   - SOTAMAKKARA

Happy New Year everyone!

This is an important patch that fixes one of the serious Mercury bugs that will make the game crash after one hour of flight.

The patch also fixes so the Gemini Exam gives you the completion achievement and badge.

In addition, a lot of reported typos has been fixed, and other minor bugs and fixes.

A lot of the issues that are fixed is from my own backlog, but also from the community. Here is a list of issues reported by the community directly into the bug and typo tools, that are fixed in this patch.
Fixed Community Reported Issues on GitHub

Thanks again for reporting issues, and providing great feedback. It all adds up and makes Reentry a better simulator for everyone.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »
Patch 0.208.EA is out, adding support for TrackIR.
8 JANUARY   - SOTAMAKKARA

The 0.208.EA patch adds a few features the community has been asking for.

The biggest part of the update is the support for TrackIR to the Steam version of Reentry. TrackIR is a 6 DoF tracking technology from NaturalPoint and is a device I have been using in almost all the simulators I play. It allows you to further immerse yourself into the simulator by allowing you to move and orient the cockpit camera using your head.

I have wanted to have support for this for a good while, but not yet had the time. Luckily, Chris Reed from the Reentry Community reached out and helped us get this feature in Reentry (thanks!).

TrackIR is enabled from the SETTINGS menu, accessible from the Main Menu,

In addition, this update also adds the option to reduce the camera shake during the Apollo Saturn V launch. This option can be enabled in the REALISM settings page. Enabling this will reduce the camera shake during S-IC and SII boosting, and will make it easier to press switches and buttons.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
Patch 0.209.EA is out, fixing Apollo SPS burn

The 0.209.EA patch has a lot of fixes in the Apollo Systems regarding the SPS engine, and the related programs in the AGC (P30 and P40).

These fixes should also fix the Apollo Reentry Academy tutorial where the engine just burned for two seconds.

In addition, fixes the Gemini Mission System and the Gemini Mission Editor has been made.

More bug-fixes will roll out during patches, and the development of the Lunar Module (interior) has started for full.

Thanks again for reporting issues, and helping me make a better simulator for everyone.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
Reentry Patch 0.211.EA is out, fixing the 0.0 Pe Gemini Ascent
19 JANUARY   - SOTAMAKKARA

On some PC's, the Gemini Titan II launch vehicle have had some issues with the Guidance system, where it fails to drive the rocket into orbit.

This has now been fixed over 0.210.EA and 0.211.EA.

If you prefer the old algorithm, it can be selected by setting the Guidance switch on the commanders seat arm rest to RGS.

Thanks for the community members involved in getting this fixed in the Discord channel and here in the Discussion group.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 12:15:19 AM »
A quick update from the development!
25 JAN - SOTAMAKKARA

Hi all!
Just wanted to spend a minute giving you an update on Reentry and whats ahead.

Most of the available development cycles are going towards completing the core features of the engine. This means modeling the panels of the Lunar Module virtual cockpit, getting it into the simulator as a very basic version to get the logic and flow completed, and the features and math needed to land on the Moon.

I shared some screenshots with the Reentry Test Pilot team earlier this week. Not too much to show yet, but making huge progress on the backend.

First of all, most of the textures and panel models are complete. The switches and controls will be added one by one once the core features are done.

In addition, the logic are starting to shape up. It will be possible to switch between the Command Module and the Lunar Module at any time during the mission, as long as they are manned.

Above you can see the CM through the LM windows. Then I switched into the CM and can see the front of the LM.

The have very different flight characteristics, as the LM is controlled more like a helicopter, and standing.

In addition, I discovered why the shadows inside the cockpits had dissapared and solved some of shadow stability issues. To make it pop, I dimmed down the CM cockpits lights. Finally starting to look like something!

As mentioned earlier, I'm currently spending most of the energy on this, but will return to addressing issues and creating bux-fixes is once this is getting into a working flow.

Thanks again for the great feedback, reviews, the community, the stories you are sharing from the Early Access so far, and for playing Reentry! :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 01:35:36 PM »
Reentry Development Roadmap
3 FEB - SOTAMAKKARA

Hi all!

Just wanted to share that a new Roadmap board has been created, and can be seen on Trello. The first column shows the Development Phase I'm in while the rest shows major features and tasks. This is meant as an overview, and I haven't yet had the time to add everything here yet.

https://trello.com/b/ip2zVHUa/reentry-an-orbital-simulator-roadmap

Most of the development is still focused around the core of the Lunar Module, and to get it into a state where I can start implementing its systems. Before this happens, I need to give it a pulse like electricity and attitude etc, and a place in the engine so I can enter it and start using it. I have added a card for this in the roadmap. :)

Thanks!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 01:40:35 PM »
Graphics bug, follow this procedure to make the graphics better in the cockpits
3 Feb - Sotamakkara   

Hi all,

I found the bug many has mentioned where the graphics in-game is missing some important effects such as AO shadows in the cockpit and special effects. If you go to the Main Menu and settings, disable the special effects checkboxes, and then enable them again. This should fix it, and give you a better looking cockpit.

Procedures:
1) Start Reentry
2) Go to the Main Menu and settings
3) Disable all the graphics checkboxes
4) Enable them again. This should fix it, and give you a better looking cockpit

Cockpit Sun Shadows
In addition to this, I finally found the bug that also blocks the shadows from the sun while sitting in the Virtual Cockpits. With this fix, the sun is allowed to enter the cabin through the Windows, and will nicely illuminate the panels and interior.

These two bugs will be rolling out with the next patch, planned for end of next week.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 02:35:14 AM »
Reentry Patch 0.212.EA is out!
4 Feb - Sotamakkara

While working hard on the Lunar Module, I found some time to roll out a quick patch fixing graphics issues, as well as some logical and system issues.

The following major issues has been addressed in this patch:

- A new flashing blue/green indicator on the checklist guidance window indicates that you need to press PRO when you have completed the instruction it asks you to perform such as checking battery voltage and radio checks etc.

- Mercury, Gemini and Apollo Sun Shadows Fix, still looking into the resolution fix for Gemini and Mercury, but this will now let the sun enter through the cockpit windows.

- Default shadows fix, so the cockpits look better, but still working on the shadow resolution.

- The Field of View inside the cockpit works on the outside environment as well again.

- The Apollo EMS is scribing again.

- Hover Highlighter Distance check issue fixed, now the hover box is visible even when hovering switches far away.

- Mercury Engine SFX playing on outside view

- Gemini Orbit State initial fixes

- AGC register 62 (V16N62E) won't crash the AGC (no longer need to pull the fuses to reboot and recover from that)

- Pulling both Decompress and Repressure handles won't be as noisy anymore

In addition, many other minor issues has been solved.

Thanks again for reporting, and for helping me make Reentry better for everyone! :)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »
An update on the Lunar Module!
19 Feb - Sotamakkara   

Hello all!
And welcome to the Lunar Module Preview!

It's been a while since my previous update on Reentry. The reason for this is that I'm spending all the time I can on implementing the Lunar Module. I won't go into too much details here, but rather let you see some of the progress through some screenshots. Keep in mind that this is WIP and things will change. My focus has been on the systems, but been trying to complete the models as well.

The Lunar Module is a very complex spaceship with a lot of systems. It's quite similar to the Command Module in many ways, but also has some big differences in how it's operated. For example, you fly this more like a helicopter.

Most fuses can be found on the left and right side.

There are two main DC buses, one for the Commander and one for the Lunar Module Pilot.

The EPS powers most of the internal systems, and the explosives device panel triggers irreversible actions needed throughout the missions. Two engines are available, one descent engine, and one ascent engine.

Most panels are in 4k, and every switch will be intractable. You can check the roadmap link below to see the progress, and what systems are implemented.

Enjoy some screenshots below, while I get back to coding. :)

You can follow the progress/roadmap of the development of Reentry here:
https://trello.com/b/ip2zVHUa/reentry-an-orbital-simulator-roadmap
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »
Lunar Module procedures in development
15 Mar - Sotamakkara

From an engine perspective, the Lunar Module is now integrated with Reentry, and the hard but fun work of implementing the procedures, systems and features can finally begin for real.

This means that the Lunar Module now has a dedicated area in the Mission Pad where all of its checklists can be found, and followed to operate and learn the procedures it requires.

The Lunar Module will be an advanced addition to Reentry, and is a very hard machine to both fly and operate. But once you learn how it works, it all makes sense logically.

I'm currently working on the Subsystems Activation checklist. Once I have that complete, the first few Academy lessons can be written, and will be rolled out to the Test Pilots team.

Thanks for the patience, but developing the Lunar Module in the way I wish sure takes time, but will be well worth the wait. :) Once the initial version of the LM has been rolled out, the rest of the core features can be created such as landing on the Moon, and getting back home.

Stay tuned!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »
Nice, the SIM is great and the developer do a good job.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 10:32:59 AM »
Development Insight: Pressurizing the Lunar Module
17 Mar  - Sotamakkara

I'm happy to announce a new type of posts around Reentry - the Development Insights!

These posts aim to just describe some of the systems I'm working on, as well as let you know of some of the progress and depths of the simulator.

Anyways, let's get started! Today I have been focusing on the Lunar Module entry systems, and the procedures around this - all available with the release of Reentry v.0.3.x.EA.

To be able to gain access to the Lunar Module, after docking with it, you will need to pressurize the Lunar Module tunnel and cabin. You will use the oxygen on board the Command Module to do this initially, before activating the Lunar Module ECS system.

The access tunnel has its own tunnel light that you can turn on from the CM panel (MDC-2), and next to the tunnel, you have various controls for pressurizing it.

The primary method is to open the CM Pressure Equalization Valve by rotating the handle in the center of the hatch door. This will slowly equalize the pressure in the tunnel.

Another method is to use the LM/Tunnel Vent Valve, with the controls located on Panel 12. Panel 12 has a gauge that reads the difference in pressure, and controls for operating the valve.

Once the pressure is equal, you can remove the hatch and enter the Lunar Module to start the LM entry procedures and the LM Subsystems Activations checklist.

Thanks for the patience through the development of Reentry 0.3.0.EA. :)
20 Rate up
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Signal Simulator

Started by Asid

Replies: 21
    Views: 9311
    Last post April 14, 2020, 12:17:25 PM
    by Asid
    Farming Simulator 17

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 14
    Views: 6960
    Last post May 01, 2017, 01:32:48 AM
    by Lumituisku
    Hauptwerk, the pipe organ simulator. Little bit about pipe organs and its use

Started by Don_prince

Replies: 5
    Views: 5847
    Last post May 03, 2016, 02:36:48 PM
    by Asid
    ZDSimulator. Realistic Train Simulator

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 5563
    Last post April 09, 2015, 08:08:21 PM
    by Asid
    Deep Space Battle Simulator