Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator  (Read 35704 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Reentry - An Orbital Simulator
« on: November 26, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »

Do you have what it takes to be an astronaut? Reentry is a realistic space flight simulator based on NASAs space programs; from the first American human spaceflight in Project Mercury, the rendezvous and EVAs of Project Gemini to the Moon landing in Project Apollo.

Official Site: Here
Steam: Here
Official forum: Here
YouTube: Here
Manuals: Here

Single-player

[Cinematic Intro] Reentry - An Orbital Simulator

Reentry - Space Flight Simulation (Early Access preview)

About

Reentry is a space flight simulator based on real life spacecrafts. You create a new astronaut, gain levels and experience for every move you make by completing missions in space. You will have access to missions similar to what happened in real life, or fictional missions designed to challenge you as an astronaut.

Spacecrafts are highly complicated machines with the primary task of exploring and understanding what's outside the atmosphere of Earth, while keeping the astronauts alive for long periods. This is achieved by hundreds of individual systems and backup systems working together. With the help from the in-game Space Flight Academy, the provided flight manual for each spacecraft, and checklists, you will learn how to fly and operate these machines, and explore space in a high resolution and realistic environment.

Control almost every system like the real astronauts, see the sunset and sunrise while orbiting orbiting Earth with speeds exceeding 25,500 ft/s. Explore the surface of Earth and the Moon with high resolution textures, or simply enjoy the solitude of being in space.

Imagine the final few seconds before launching into space. You are sitting on top of a 111 meter high rocket, looking at the instruments of a spaceship about to leave the oasis we call Earth. The engines are igniting, mechanical systems are clinging below you, while thousands of gallons of fuel is pumping through the systems. The loud roar of the five F1 engines are producing close to 8,000,000 pounds of thrust, violently shaking the cockpit and lifting 3 million kg off the pad. The launch pad tower is slowly moving away from you while the engines are balancing the rocket like a skyscraper on a needle. Sophisticated engineers has created the systems that will safely accelerate you to 25,500 ft/s, into a free fall orbit, with the Moon as the destination.

All of the virtual cockpits are fully interactive. You will have control of almost every single component in the cockpit, from every fuse, switch, gauge to the electric system, pyrotechnics, to configuring the flight modes, autopilot, environmental control and so on.

Welcome to Reentry, an orbital simulator.

Project Mercury, where it all started

Mercury Atlas on the pad

The Apollo Command Module Virtual Cockpit

Apollo FDAI

Almost every switch is intractable and controls a system

And there is a lot of them!

The Virtual Cockpit of the Mercury Space Capsule

The FDAI of Gemini

The Virtual Cockpit of the Gemini spaceship

Project Gemini had the first On-Board Computer

The Virtual Cockpit of Gemini

Realistic Orbital Mechanics

Saturn V and Apollo boosting into orbit

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:40:51 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Reentry - An Orbital Simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 03:49:33 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:09 PM »
Looks interesting. I watched this video from Scott Manley about the game and he points out that it is more a procedural sim than like Orbiter 2016 is a space simulator. Graphics area amazing though.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »
Hi Beef

Thanks for the video  :thumbsup

It is an indie developer..Small team...Can't remember if there is only 1 of them....

http://reentrygame.com/faq/

It is early days (early access) but interesting for people into space sims  :beam me up
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 08:31:13 AM »
Wow this looks great :)

Thanks for posting Asid.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »
Reentry Patch 0.104.EA
30 NOVEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

The new patch for Reentry is out, with over 50 bug fixes and feature updates.

The main issues being resolved in this version:
- New Gemini Academy tutorial: Deorbit, Entry and Landing
- Big updates and fixes in how the internal timers work
- Fixed so the internal timers are properly reset between sessions
- Fixes in the timer interfaces and how you work with timers.
- You can now use the hat-stick on a joystick to look around in the cockpit
- All rotator knobs rotates in the same direction, as is cycle-limited just as in real life
- Apollo Insertion checklist is now working. (TLI checklists was added in 0.103.EA for reference of the upcoming feature)
- Switch and control illumination system for Mercury and Gemini
- More Mission Completion bugs
- Many updates to the existing missions

Thank you for reporting issues and making Reentry - An Orbital Simulator a better product!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:30 AM »
Development update - EA release and reaching the Moon!
1 December - Sotamakkara   

The next major update for Reentry in in development. After the launch week, a number of bugs has been reported and I'm working hard on fixing these. These will roll out frequently over the next weeks.
However, while in bug-fixing mode, the simulator has to move forward as well in-terms of features.

This post will give you a quick update on the what has been in development lately, and will cover the features that will be in the 0.200.EA release.

December marks the 50 year anniversary for the first Moon orbit, and Reentry has the same goal.

As you might have noticed, there are now checklists regarding TLI in the Mission Pad.

The TLI itself is not yet possible to do but this gets you familiar with the procedures required.

The next major update will have the TLI burn implemented, as well as the possibility of reaching the Moon, orbiting the Moon and returning back home to Earth.

There are a lot of big technical challenges that had/has to be solved to make this possible, but I'm in the right direction.

In addition, there will be an Apollo mission for this feature as well.. ;)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 12:03:54 AM »
Update: Patch 0.105.EA

Rolling out the 0.105.EA patch with the following changes:
- Modified the default keyboard mapping for Translations
- Fixed the Gemini BEF launch mode
- Added the option to hide the switch hover highliter
- A new settings option is added. In the future this will allow you to change realism settings as well as enable some features.
- Screen resolution changes are saved between sessions
- Increased the FoV limit range
- Double click the scroll wheel to reset FoV in the cockpit
- Disabled timescaling while taking notes
- Gemini engine flame changes
- Moved the BOOST checklist in Apollo into the Ascent category
- Changes to some checklists
+ multiple bugfixes
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
Update: Patch 0.106.EA
8 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

Just rolled out the 0.106.EA patch. It has a lot of preparation needed for 0.200.EA (TLI), but also addresses the following major issues and features:

- Chute system changes and fixes.
- Gemini OAMS fixes
- Splashdown SFX fixes
- Input mapping changes
- AGC automaneouver is functional again

The mission editors has also been updates and now supports loading into a state at the start of a custom mission, in addition to being able to disable the default voice SFX and/or play your custom SFX for each mission command during custom missions.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 08:13:56 PM »
I will lock it on my radar. I had and enjoyed Space Shuttle Mission a few years ago, so I might check this one too. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 01:56:21 AM »
This is fun with regular fixes and updates from the dev. Definitely worth keeping an eye on  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »
TLI and S-IVB Ballast
15 DECEMBER   - SOTAMAKKARA

The work on update 0.200.EA is in development, and is scheduled for release next week. It will include a lot of the features needed to perform a Trans-Lunar Injection, and get to the Moon!

In preparation for this, a basic Apollo 8 campaign will be included to drive you through the new features. The mission will be based on the real mission transcripts and events, but the initial version will be an early preview, so all timings and phases will not be complete yet. However, the mission files will be open sourced so anyone can take a look at it.

Apollo 8 had a ballast module where the Lunar Module was supposed to sit. The mission editor will allow you to configure the S-IVB payload.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 12:50:57 PM »
I'm tempted to buy the early access version. :) I currently reading a book about Tim Peak's stay at the ISS so I'm even more inclined to test it. Also I remember a great documentary I watched years ago about the race to the moon. It focused on the first 7 astronauts and Marcury, Gemini and Apollo missions. The story was told from the point of view of Deke Slayton but I can't recall its title now.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 01:17:00 AM »
Reentry Patch 0.203 is out!
21 December - Sotamakkara

The 0.203.EA patch is out! I will make different posts on some of the topics below. With this update, both major and breaking changes to the core of the simulator has been made:

- Breaking changes to the Save State. The save state now includes the panel state. In addition, big changes to the state itself has been made, so your previous save states might not work correctly. I recommend creating new save states. Please be prepared for this to happen a few times during the Early Access, but I will try to keep things backward compatible.

- TLI has been added. It is now possible to perform the TLI burn to start coasting towards the Moon. It is not yet done, and might need some manual mid-course corrections (use the map view to see orbital data). A mid-course correction system is being implemented. A default lambda/approach angle of 75 is currently being used. This leads to a longer coasting time. You can set this in the mission editor when providing the TLI PADs.

- Moon Orbit. It is now possible to explore the Moon! However, you still can't land on it. And the implementation of the moon and the environment is very early. It has not been tested yet, so prepare for anything when making the journey. If some systems malfunction, try the backup, or do a Save/Load state to continue fresh.

- Gemini Rendezvous & Docking System 2.0 has been added. This has completely replaced the old Gemini Rendezvous and docking system, and has made it much more realistic. You can choose if you want to continue to use the Simplified Docking system (default) that will resemble what you are used to, or use the realistic mode. This is changed from the Realism Settings menu.

- Improved Checklist Guidance. The checklist guidance now allows you to proceed with a running checklist. This makes it possible to skip steps, and allows the checklists to now have more manual tasks such as "Perform a Radio Check" or "Set up the AGC P15"

- Early Access of the Apollo 8 historical campaign is available on:  https://github.com/ReentryGame

In addition, hundreds of improvements and bugs has been made, with the following worth mentioning:
- Music Volume slider is added, you can now reduce the volume of the music from the Main Menu.
- Improved Guidance (LVDC) for Apollo, but still very Early. Goal is to make it get into a better circular orbit of 100nm.
- 0 will set TimeScale to 0x/PAUSE. Still working on this including showing a PAUSE label when doing it.
- You now need to complete the Gemini Exam to get the badge/achievement
- The Apollo DET/Event Timer now works again, and you set it up normally using the controls on MDC-1
- Button to join Discord is available on the Academy Menu
- Patch update dialogue what will let you know of the major/breaking changes after each update (if any).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Signal Simulator

Started by Asid

Replies: 21
    Views: 9311
    Last post April 14, 2020, 12:17:25 PM
    by Asid
    Farming Simulator 17

Started by Lumituisku

Replies: 14
    Views: 6960
    Last post May 01, 2017, 01:32:48 AM
    by Lumituisku
    Hauptwerk, the pipe organ simulator. Little bit about pipe organs and its use

Started by Don_prince

Replies: 5
    Views: 5847
    Last post May 03, 2016, 02:36:48 PM
    by Asid
    ZDSimulator. Realistic Train Simulator

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 5563
    Last post April 09, 2015, 08:08:21 PM
    by Asid
    Deep Space Battle Simulator