Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: VEAO Cease DCS production  (Read 5061 times)

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
VEAO Cease DCS production
« on: November 25, 2018, 11:11:09 PM »
As a customer to say I’m pissed off is an under statement and now I’m left with an unfinished broken Hawk this is the dangers of pre purchased modules on DCS or even games as have been proven with Notruf 112.

Please read below

Dear VEAO Customers,

We regret to inform you that we are ceasing development of all DCS modules effective immediately. This was a very difficult decision to make - our aim was always to provide high quality content and support for the DCS platform, however due to reasons beyond our control, continuing to partner with Eagle Dynamics is no longer a viable option for us.

We want to thank all of you who supported us and our products and we apologise for any disappointment this announcement may have caused. We are so lucky to have been a part of this amazing community for the past thirteen plus years, and are very sorry that our time as a business has come to an end.

Thank you once again,

Chris, Pete + VEAO team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: VEAO Cease DCS production
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
That is a slap in the face  :thumbdown

What about a refund????

The Hawk is still on sale on the ED site  :bullshit: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/hawk_dcs_world/

ED should make it right for the end user.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »
So far nobody know what’s happening but I think ED to take control of it and it becomes their property so no refund but they won’t rush as they have other pressing engagements 😤
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
The responsibility lies with ED to make it right.

ED contracted VEAO.

ED received some of the money.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
From Eagle Dynamics 20/12/18

"Note: Regarding the VEAO Hawk, the developer has ceased supporting their product. We will though continue to make available the 2.5.3 updater for those that wish to fly this product."

So if you want to use the Hawk in future, you must be on V2.5.3. 

:bullshit
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:50 PM »
DCS: BAE Hawk Update
From ED

"We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so.

Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk."

ED benefited from some of the money. Why not give a coupon/discount to those affected?  :punishment
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: