Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tornado website

Click.gif 

Author Topic: Campaign / Command tactical analysis  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
Campaign / Command tactical analysis
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
Hi people,
I tried singling out targets by selecting only 1 type of targets for a combined multiple fighter strike mission, so to see what the effects are on the 4 categories of "situation".

I used the already existing, invincible Pilot account "default" (wouldn't die if shot down and if that failure would be accepted, also can start command battle planning+flying without need of being promoted first),
using warzone 1 (out of 4) and situation 1 (out of 3) of Command.

It went more difficult than it should have been!
The IDS autopilots hit somehow much more, might be the damage radius of the retarded general purpose bomb.

Nonetheless, here is a first result in a zipped picture gallery.

And yes, i didn't bother creating a third IDS fighting pair flight path, only the two IDS  and 1 ADV flight routes with 2 planes per route.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
Re: Campaign / Command tactical analysis
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:36:55 PM »
I HATE bunkers!!!

They have some special kind of armor against the player. I hit them quite regularly, had several flights from take off, bombing to landing and "missed" (with a direct hit) SOO much.

:'(
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »
I can tell that you are very passionate about Tornado. Wish I were as passionate as you about Tornado.

BTW, what do the numbers 78,71, 56, 90, 100, 71, 84 mean?

Lotto or EuroMillions  draw? The Big Lottery?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
I can tell that you are very passionate about Tornado. Wish I were as passionate as you about Tornado.

I think you are so passionate about Tornado Frankie, that your wife should be worried  :lol
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
The numbers next to the Bunker targets indicate their value. You can see that number by clicking on "Point Data" in the upper right corner (3rd button from above), and then hovering over any target, it's more of an area value, because structures close to each other have the same value (for instance: all structures on an airfield have the same supply value).

Next strategy: I'll first pick off 9 SAMs (EDIT: IN THEORY, per flight, maximum load of ALARM) defending those Bunkers (viewing the intermediate results), after that the Bunkers itself (comparing then with final results).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:13:36 PM by Tom N »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:21 PM »
So here you can see that the enemy is quite vulnerable to losing SAMsites.
First run (6 SAMs --> 18% of all the SAMs{about 33, because 3%*33 = 99%, ~100%) and second run (8 SAMs --> 30% of "all SAMs minus 6" {about 27 SAMs, because 0.3*27=8.1}) out of approximately 33 SAMs leaves about 20.
There's no replenishment as the percentages of SAM loss goes up even while hitting about (nearly) the same amount like before.

Luckily SAMsites don't have that superior Bunker armor.

EDIT: I might be tempted to enter enemy SAM areas with a slow speed (250kts) get an ALARM on its way and quick turn around to leave. This might increase the chance for invincibility.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:51:07 PM by Tom N »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »
Hi Herr TomN

>The numbers next to the Bunker targets indicate their value. You can see that number by clicking on "Point Data"
>in the upper right corner (3rd button from above), and then hovering over any target

>
Weird. I tried this, but I didn't see any numbers appear when chose "Point Data" and when I hovered my mouse over a target. I've never seen this feature before in all my years of playing Tornado. Of which 98% was spent playing single missions and 2% playing the campaign. I tried to see if this feature comes on when I play the Command level. Nope. No numbers appearing.

The percentage value appear inside the Point Data window box when I hover over a target, but the number never appears like in your screenshot - which is on the map itself with a circle around the target.

I am  using Tornado 1.0e. What version is yours?

Regards
Frankie Kam
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
I used Microsoft's Paint(brush), i pressed "printscreen" and inserted the map and drew circles and wrote the numbers within. Not a big deal nor a different version!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Another picture show of a Bunker hunt, this time in allied territory (yeah friendly fire against blue forces, who cares, it's for getting numbers!).

It shows perfectly well the performance of LGB against Bunkers (5 devastating hits out of 5 drops).
Surprisingly allied officers aren't attending Bunker parties as it seems, performance drop isn't big at all.

EDIT:
Since i had so much trouble hitting enemy Bunkers, because of required LGBs and avoiding EWR locking due to homing enemy CAP to me and avoiding SAM and AAA, I'd go for enemy EWR and SAM sites first, as gulf war history did show. Mix it with JP-233 attacks on runways to reduce enemy CAP strength.
THEN go for the Bunkers with LGB from some height (normally above 17000ft at 220 IAS / mach 0.3 or 0.4 NOT faster)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:51:49 PM by Tom N »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Tom N

• Tornado
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 10:23:34 PM »
Now here comes a walkthrough for the Level 1 Campaign desert missions' edition:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:26:58 PM by Tom N »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Tornado Command and Staff College (TCSC)

Started by Frankie

Replies: 4
    Views: 4170
    Last post July 15, 2021, 12:22:07 PM
    by Frankie
    Summary of Keyboard Commands for Modded Tornado in Year 2022 (NEW!)

Started by Frankie

Replies: 0
    Views: 6283
    Last post September 18, 2018, 07:22:47 PM
    by Frankie