Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 04/01/19  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 04/01/19
« on: January 05, 2019, 02:25:57 AM »

What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 04/01/19    :gamer

Flight Simulation:   Mostly in P3DV4. I have updated to V4.4 - (VRS updated to 4.4 beta)
VRS TacPack with the VRS F18/E P3D Military ops with FSX@War, CCP, FSCAI I have a collection of campaigns/missions. Vietnam, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya and one or two others ..Also some carriers  :fighter
This works well in muliplayer  :thumbsup

Sim Skunk Works planes with vAcmi + Skunknet:  vAcmi is the free weapons plug-in for FSX/P3D by SSW...Check out the free Skunknet http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,6981.0.html :pilotfly

Milviz F4-E Advanced: What a great Phantom  :thumbsup

Running with Rifles: Great rts   :marching-soldiers

Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865)  The testing continues  ::Civil war arty

Hopefully

FlyInside Flight simulator:    taking a look at the helicopter flight model  :flyaway

Tank Mechanic Simulator:    :tank

That's what I am trying to play.    :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
Re: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 04/01/19
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:00:57 AM »
The Simmers Dream Weekend by Dusty "Redwolf" Rhodes

You wake up at 9 AM on Saturday Morning.  You realize your Wife/Husband/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Whatever is out of town for the weekend
till late Sunday night.  The kids/dog/cat/whatever is spending the weekend with some friends/in the kennel for an operation/whatever.
The house was cleaned before your whatever left cause whatever knows you won't do it this weekend.  There are 10 bags of Doritios/Ruffles/Pretzels in the cupboard, the phone number to the local delivery pizza joint, and a case of beer/wine/bottled water/apple juice left over from last weeks party. There is a hundred dollars on the catch all that your whatever left so you would eat cause he/she/it is worried you won't eat while he/she/it is gone.

Your new N Gig plus machine is less then 3 weeks old with all the drivers updated and a flaming fast Vid card mounted.  Your HOTAS is all programmed, your new fibre optic modem and wireless router have been working flawlessly, and the curtains are pulled so you won't be seen in your underwear at your cockpit/computer desk yanking your joystick and cussing at your 21 incher (monitor).

You realize you only have one sim left from your collection cause your dog/cat/pet alligator ate the others, and your whatever deleted the rest of your sims while you were watching TV, all the while them asking "What does this do?".  Thank god it is your favorite sim of all time that survived. You now have the whole friggen weekend to eat chips, drink beer, and sit in your underwear while the answering machine answers the phone.

You reach for the CD/DVD case with your favorite sim in it and it reads _____________________.  What is that sim? (Tetris is not acceptable)

Minor edits by Frankie. Still it begs the question - "What is that sim?". Any maybe more importantly, why.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »
Your HOTAS is all programmed,

:notworthy

Great post Frankie  :winner
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:32:21 PM »
I just picked up the IL-2 Sturmovic: Stalingrad and Moscow in the winter sale and will be giving it a try.  Haven't played a flight simulator in years.  No idea why I lost interest.  I used to play almost nothing but flight simulators. So we'll see how this plays.  I don't happen to have a HOTAS setup, but I do have a nice F16 Combatstick.  Hopefully that works. 
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »
Hi SystemInShock

I have all of the iL-2 B.O.X addons. They are fun and easy to get into. I also like the introduction of playable tanks in the series  :tank
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »
Hi SystemInShock

I have all of the iL-2 B.O.X addons. They are fun and easy to get into. I also like the introduction of playable tanks in the series  :tank

I did read something about the tanks. Seemed like it might be the early days, but it will be interesting to see where they take it.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »

I did read something about the tanks. Seemed like it might be the early days, but it will be interesting to see where they take it.

I really like tanks. I have played some of the early content and enjoyed it. It has a lot of immersion, even at this stage. Use of terrain/cover, weight of tank etc. It is improving all the time.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Squad V12 + Free weekend

Started by wilso845

Replies: 0
    Views: 2269
    Last post November 09, 2018, 05:30:13 PM
    by wilso845
    The Fountain War - A History of Gaming's Biggest War

Started by Asid

Views: 4257
    Last post December 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
    by Asid
    Command Ops 2 - The Sharp End Gaming Blog's Alt Scenario for Red Devils: By JC

Started by Asid

Views: 3822
    Last post January 08, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
    by Asid
    Zombies Throughout Gaming History

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3104
    Last post March 16, 2017, 07:52:53 PM
    by budd
    For Honor: Free Weekend