Translations for our friends around the world.

IL-2 Sturmovik

BO-9IyACUAAxqUu

Author Topic: How to use Tacview with IL‑2 Sturmovik?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
How to use Tacview with IL‑2 Sturmovik?
« on: July 26, 2018, 12:03:03 AM »
How to use Tacview with IL‑2 Sturmovik?

Q: Which versions of IL 2 Sturmovik are supported by Tacview?

A: Tacview has been tested and validated with the following editions of IL 2 Sturmovik:

•   IL 2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow
•   IL 2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
Both the standalone and the Steam editions of IL 2 are working fine with Tacview. IL 2 Sturmovik: Battle of Kuban has not been tested yet, but it should work as well.

Q: How to record an IL 2 Sturmovik flight?

A:First, you must enable Tacview data recording in IL 2 configuration file: Open \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\startup.cfg and make sure that tacviewrecord = 1. It should look like the following:

Code: [Select]
[KEY = track_record]
    fx_sound = 2
    record_graphics_effect = 1
    record_ground_vehicles = 1
    tacviewrecord = 1
[END]

Now, as soon you are in flight, press LCtrl+R and IL‑2 will record Tacview telemetry data.

Multiplayer

Q: Why my flights are not recorded in multiplayer?

A: By default, IL‑2 Sturmovik does not record online flights. You can enable data recording by editing the *.sds configuration file on the host computer. Make sure the following line is present in it:

Code: [Select]
TacviewRecord=true

General Questions

Q: Why some of the telemetry data I can see in Tacview (like speed or G force) do not perfectly match what I remember from my IL 2 flight?

A: During this early stage, you may notice some discrepancies between your favorite simulator and the numbers displayed in Tacview. This is normal and will be improved in upcoming updates of Tacview and IL 2.

Q: The terrain displayed in Tacview is not the right one! How can I fix that?

A: Make sure that Tacview terrain is either set to (Auto) or IL 2 Sturmovik. The following terrains are included in Tacview:

•   Moscow
•   Stalingrad
•   Velikie Luki
•   Lapino (disabled by default)
•   Novosokolniki (disabled by default)

Small terrains are disabled to not conflict with the more important battlefields they overlap. The Battle of Kuban terrain will be added as soon as out or early access.

You can manually enable/disable some of the terrains or add you own by editing the C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Custom\CustomHeightmapList.xml file. You may want to save the modified file in %ProgramData%\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Custom\ so your preferences work with any version of Tacview installed on your computer.

Q: My favorite airfields are not displayed, how can I add them as well as additional landmarks?

I did not have the time yet to add major IL‑2 landmarks in Tacview. An easy to use object editor is currently in development and will enable you to do so in a few clicks. Meanwhile, you may want to try the legacy Static Objects feature of Tacview.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

IL-2 maps in Tacview

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3802
    Last post July 27, 2018, 12:43:09 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles on Steam

Started by Asid

Views: 1991
    Last post July 13, 2018, 04:14:07 PM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik Updates/Patches

Started by Asid

Replies: 24
    Views: 18834
    Last post December 18, 2019, 03:20:29 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow - If You Can Land the Rata ...

Started by Asid

Views: 4460
    Last post September 04, 2016, 12:59:53 AM
    by Asid
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Autumn Sale

Started by Asid

Views: 2615
    Last post November 23, 2018, 01:48:05 AM
    by Asid