Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Noob questions  (Read 9885 times)

Offline Rex

Noob questions
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
Hello guys :)

Since over the last few days I've been having a few problems and questions, I thought I should maybe make a single post instead of one for each bump I run into ^^ :

- How to use the "time on target" for artillery calls, there is a tutorial but for some reason I can't get it to work (screenshot below).

https://imgur.com/a/ljuaEW6

That's about all that i couldn't solve on my own or by searching for now ^^.

Regards,
Rex.

EDIT : http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,6436.0.html Link to my post on the Bradley Troop tutorial problem, in case anyone comes here looking for help.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

Re: Noob questions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
Second question :

- Is there a way to set priorities for TRPs ? I also saw that written in the tutorial for Artillery briefing but can't find it when placing them myself, it affects preparation time for artillery I think.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
  • The 1st artillery tutorial mentions that time on target needs some time to set up. It recommends that you set more than 50 seconds for time on target if you have 1 TRP priority mission, more than 2 minutes 50 seconds for 1 TRP non-priority mission or 1 non-TRP mission, and at least 4 minutes for time on target if you have multiple time on target missions like in the tutorial. This can be done using the HH (hours), MM (minutes), and SS(seconds) settings in the "Method of control" section of the "Call for fire" menu.
  • As far as I know, the only way you can set the priority of TRPs is in the Mission Editor.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Rex

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »
  • The 1st artillery tutorial mentions that time on target needs some time to set up. It recommends that you set more than 50 seconds for time on target if you have 1 TRP priority mission, more than 2 minutes 50 seconds for 1 TRP non-priority mission or 1 non-TRP mission, and at least 4 minutes for time on target if you have multiple time on target missions like in the tutorial. This can be done using the HH (hours), MM (minutes), and SS(seconds) settings in the "Method of control" section of the "Call for fire" menu.
  • As far as I know, the only way you can set the priority of TRPs is in the Mission Editor.

Thank you ! But when I set time on target, the artillery will still fire as soon as possible, in the screenshot I posted, you can see a fire mission on TRP5 and the settings I used for it, the time to splash was still 2 minutes and 30 seconds even though the TOT was set to 6 minutes.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
Thank you ! But when I set time on target, the artillery will still fire as soon as possible, in the screenshot I posted, you can see a fire mission on TRP5 and the settings I used for it, the time to splash was still 2 minutes and 30 seconds even though the TOT was set to 6 minutes.
The TOT determines how much time is made available for the artillery mission (or missions) to be calculated. If you are only firing on TRP 5 and nothing else, then it's not going to take 6 minutes.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
The TOT determines how much time is made available for the artillery mission (or missions) to be calculated. If you are only firing on TRP 5 and nothing else, then it's not going to take 6 minutes.

So lets say I want to fire at a designated point at in exactly 10 minutes, is there a way to do that ? Or TOT is only to make sure all of my fire missions are done at the same time ?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
So lets say I want to fire at a designated point at in exactly 10 minutes, is there a way to do that ? Or TOT is only to make sure all of my fire missions are done at the same time ?
TOT is intended to make sure that all of your fire missions are done at the same time. If you want to fire at a designated point, then use the "At my command" option in the "Method of control" section of the "Call for fire" menu. If there are no competing fire missions, then the fire mission will land on target in 50 seconds after you execute it. So you can wait 9 minutes and 10 seconds before executing the fire mission, or you just wait for 9 minutes before executing if you feel that is close enough.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »
TOT is intended to make sure that all of your fire missions are done at the same time. If you want to fire at a designated point, then use the "At my command" option in the "Method of control" section of the "Call for fire" menu. If there are no competing fire missions, then the fire mission will land on target in 50 seconds after you execute it. So you can wait 9 minutes and 10 seconds before executing the fire mission, or you just wait for 9 minutes before executing if you feel that is close enough.

Got it :) Thank you.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to play a Demo scenario called Breach (T-72-HIND), 1-1/A and 4-1/A are MICLIC units and are tasked to deploy line charges on a minefield north east of their starting position. How do I deploy the charges when I am close to the minefield ?

Regards.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
The scenario is outdated. Steel Beasts has changed so that the MICLIC units are now M113G3-DKs that don't have the MICLIC option. To fix this:
  • Copy and paste the scenario from C/Program Data/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/scenarios/Demos to Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/My Scenarios
  • Open the scenario in the Mission Editor, and change 1/1/A and 4/1/A to M113G3/Eng by right-clicking on them and selecting Select unit type>Engineer>M113G3-DK
  • Right click on them and select Options/MICLIC
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 07:05:32 PM »
The scenario is outdated. Steel Beasts has changed so that the MICLIC units are now M113G3-DKs that don't have the MICLIC option. To fix this:
  • Copy and paste the scenario from C/Program Data/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/scenarios/Demos to Documents/eSim Games/Steel Beasts/My Scenarios
  • Open the scenario in the Mission Editor, and change 1/1/A and 4/1/A to M113G3/Eng by right-clicking on them and selecting Select unit type>Engineer>M113G3-DK
  • Right click on them and select Options/MICLIC

Thank you ! I tried to edit the scenario but couldn't save it, copy pasting it somewhere else fixed it :) Is it automatic, when i get close to the minefield it will start firing ?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 07:29:20 PM »
Thank you ! I tried to edit the scenario but couldn't save it, copy pasting it somewhere else fixed it :) Is it automatic, when i get close to the minefield it will start firing ?
Yes.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: