Forum > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus – Volume I

(1/3) > >>

Asid:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus – Volume I

Store page

From the team that brought you Rise of Flight: The First Great Air War comes a new, re-imagined Great War combat flight-simulator as part of the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series. Fly some of WWI’s greatest aircraft in thrilling air to air combat high above the trenches of No Man’s Land. In planes made largely of canvas and wood, dogfight to the death against cunning enemies and see if you have what it takes to become an ACE! Experience what is was like to be an early aviation pioneer and test the tactics and machines that would forever change warfare by bringing it to the skies for the first time. Discover the bravery and courage it took to do battle with no parachute and no radio to call for help! Are you the next Guynemer, Ball, Bishop or von Richtofen?

Flying Circus includes ten legendary WWI combat aircraft that you can fly alone or with friends in single-player or multiplayer scenarios. Flying Circus also comes with a map of the Arras sector of the Western Front in WWI.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus - Volume I is part of the IL-2 Great Battles series of products and can be played as a separate stand-alone product or be integrated with other Great Battles titles such as Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow, Battle of Kuban and Battle of Bodenplatte. Combine all titles to create one big WWI and WWII air and ground combat simulation.

Features

•  10,000 sq. km. map of the Arras sector in WWI including cities, towns, airfields and famous No-Mans-Land.
•  Ten legendary WWI aircraft to fly - Spad XIII, Sopwith Dolphin, Sopwith Camel, RAF S.E.5.a, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.Va, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker D.VII. Pfalz D.IIIa and Halberstadt CL.II.
•  Also includes the Fokker D.VIIF, Bristol Fighter F.III and Halberstadt CL.II 200hp engine modifications.
•  Numerous types of buildings, hangars, ground vehicles and scenery objects to enhance mission environment.
•  Detailed and precise exterior models of aircraft with 4K skins.
•  Full-scale 3D interior of each aircraft that looks amazing in VR.
•  Fly as an observer/gunner in properly equipped aircraft.
•  Custom skins support.
•  Quick Single Mission generator.
•  Two multi-player modes of gameplay - Cooperative and Dogfight.
•  Realistic ballistics modeling.
•  Realistic gun-sight visuals and operation such as the famous Aldis sight.
•  Detailed physics model and performance of aircraft.
•  Detailed damage model to simulate damage to planes made of lighter materials.
•  Mission Editor support.

Purchase here

Asid:
Flying Circus – Volume One Discounts and details

Let’s first talk about Flying Circus and what the Early Access includes. As of now, you’ll get the SPAD 13 and Fokker Dr.1 to fly and fight one another in. The Lapino maps are acting as a stand for the future French map for now and both planes have been re-built and re-mastered by our partners at Yugra Media from earlier less complex models. This means improved mesh, textures, damage and other small enhancements of the same aircraft from previous products. However, you must remember that FC content is still a work in progress and more work will be necessary before WWI aircraft are fully supported in IL-2. As with all our Early Access periods more flyable aircraft will follow in the coming months. Time to get the goggles and scarves out of the closet!

Flying Circus Early Access can be ordered here

We’d also like to take this time to explain our discount plan for special Rise of Flight users who purchase FC and qualify for a special discount code. We have chosen to give those ROF users who supported us in our darkest, most difficult days some special recognition with an additional discount. Without this support we would not be here today and is a small way to say thanks to those that supported us when it mattered most. Some customers really went above and beyond in their financial support and that is reflected in the discounts below. We only wish economic reality would allow for it to be more. 

First, everyone who orders during the Early Access period gets a $10 discount off regular MSRP no matter what. Second, if you are an existing ROF customer and meet certain criteria you qualify for an additional discount. The criteria are as follows.

Anyone who purchased content for ROF between it’s launch in 2009 to Jan. 1, 2013 from our website or a boxed or digital copy from an official retail partner (Excluding STEAM. ROF was not available on STEAM during this period) during that time frame will receive an additional discount. 

•   If you spent between $0.01 and $70.99 you will receive an additional $5 OFF.
•   If you spent between $71.00 and $200.99 you will receive an additional $10 OFF.
•   If you spent greater than $201.00 you will receive an additional $15 OFF.

The special discount period ends September 15, 2018.

To get your special discount you’ll need to access your ROF user account on the ROF website and retrieve a promo code we have placed in your user profile. Then return to the IL-2 website and place your order for Flying Circus. Enter your discount code at check out. The additional discount will be reflected in the final amount.

Asid:
Dev blog #214

Hello everybody,

The year has just begun, but we're already preparing the new update for you. Version 3.010 will be focused on improving the functionality of several modules of the sim and some of the changes are long-awaited and important. In the meantime, the work on all the Early Access projects progresses according to the schedule and many new things will be ready shortly after 3.010 release, in Q1 2019.

For "Flying Circus" project we're making the map of 100 km front line near Arras (Spring 1918). It will be made using the same techniques we're using for the creation of the large Bodenplatte project map, so it should also be a step forward visually. Here are first in-game screenshots of Sopwith Dolphin and Fokker D.VII which will be ready soon:

Asid:
Dev blog #217

From Dev blog #217

...In addition, two new biplanes for the Flying Circus project have entered the “factory testing” stage. These are the legendary Fokker D7 and Sopwith Dolphin, whose 3D models were revamped by our partner Ugra-Media. This stage involves a large number of in-game tests that we perform before giving the airplanes to beta testers. And for such tests, we use special developer tools that allow us to quickly check various animations, visualization of damage models, operation of instruments and visual effects, such as smoke, fires, dust from under the wheels and others. Today I would like to show you a short video with one of these tests. In this video you can see an in-game test (conducted at a special test base on a distant secret island) where the animation of the landing gear damage was checked. I recorded this video in the fall while working on the implementation of the Sopwith Camel to our project. Often, working on "serious games" we forget that our work is also fun. In this video I just wanted to have some fun with my colleagues, to cheer them up after a period of hard work. So today, my colleagues and I decided that maybe it is a good idea to share this video to you. If it evokes a smile on your face - well, then I recorded it not in vain. If you like it, it may possible that we will show you some more in-game tests that our very serious engineers do:

And finally, since we have touched on our Flying Circus project, we would like to show you a series of screenshots from the Arras map which our partners at Ugra-Media are actively working on. In these screenshots you can see the step forward in visualization of the map compared to our previous Great War simulation. Plus, here are the first in-game screenshots of the re-furbished Sopwith Dolphin and Fokker D.VII cockpits which are coming soon:

Asid:
Update 05/03/19

Today is an important day. First, we just released two new WWI fighters for all Flying Circus: Volume I customers - Fokker D.VII and Sopwith Dolphin. They are 5th and 6th aircraft released for it, so along with the map of Arras being actively developed, we can say that Flying Circus project is progressing nicely and more than half of it is already completed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version