Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: M2A2 (ODS) "Troop" tutorial mission problem.  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Rex

M2A2 (ODS) "Troop" tutorial mission problem.
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:51:34 PM »
Hello,

I'm a bit new around here (bought a one month license on the 15th) ^^. I am mostly into combat flight sims but I thought i'd try what's on the other side of my missiles :D.

I met Asid on the teamspeak yesterday and he talked me through the basics of steel beasts so I jumped straight to the tutorials, but while playing the "Troop" tutorial for the M2A2 ODS, I ran into a small issue with routes/waypoints.

Here is an overview of the mission :

https://imgur.com/a/R76BCA7

I am supposed to drop off troops, use the F10 key to switch to them (didn't work so i used the map) then drive to the overwatch position on waypoint 4 in order to support them.
So the mission tells me to head for waypoint 5 which is linked to waypoint 4 by a route following the roads. I want to use that route, so Asid told me via MP to make a route to waypoint 5 and that the driver would pick up on the already existing path that links waypoint 5 and waypoint 4. But what happened when I reached WPT5 is that my bradley drove back to it's starting position and so did my troops. I could copy paste the route but as a Sim pilot i like when things are done as efficiently as possible ^^. Any help would be very much appreciated :).

Hope I described the problem clearly.

Regards,
Rex.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
Re: M2A2 (ODS) "Troop" tutorial mission problem.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:01:42 AM »
Hi, and welcome!

I took a look at the tutorial, and figured out what's wrong: by default, waypoint 5 is incorrectly set to have the troops mount when you reach it. The solution is to, in the briefing or in the mission, right click on waypoint 5, and under the "Troops" submenu click on "No change". If you're in the briefing, it'll ask you if you want to save the plan when you start the tutorial, and you can click on "No".

Edit: It's not just that: you have to do the same thing for the route between waypoints 5 and 4.

Edit 2: And it's not just that, waypoint 4 and the route between waypoints 4 and 2 is misconfigured in the same way. So the solution is now to right click on waypoints 5 and 4, and the routes between waypoints 5 and 4 and waypoints 4 and 2, and under the "Troops" submenu click on "No change".
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Rex

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:09:31 AM »
Hi, and welcome!

I took a look at the tutorial, and figured out what's wrong: by default, waypoint 5 is incorrectly set to have the troops mount when you reach it. The solution is to, in the briefing or in the mission, right click on waypoint 5, and under the "Troops" submenu click on "No change". If you're in the briefing, it'll ask you if you want to save the plan when you start the tutorial, and you can click on "No".

Edit: It's not just that: you have to do the same thing for the route between waypoints 5 and 4.

Edit 2: And it's not just that, waypoint 4 and the route between waypoints 4 and 2 is misconfigured in the same way. So the solution is now to right click on waypoints 5 and 4, and the routes between waypoints 5 and 4 and waypoints 4 and 2, and under the "Troops" submenu click on "No change".

Amazing, thanks alot ! It's a bit too late in France for me to test it thought ^^. I will tomorrow, thanks once again :).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rex

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 02:40:59 AM »
Tutorial done flawlessly :).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:08 AM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 05:00:48 AM »
Tutorial done flawlessly :).
I'm glad to hear that. :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Tags:

[SOLVED] Mission editor not starting