Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Escape: Sierra Leone  (Read 19402 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Escape: Sierra Leone
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 01:55:34 AM »
Build 0.8.1.0 Is Uploaded!
Escape: Sierra Leone - Slayer_2

Hello everyone,

It's been a crazy last month and a half. I've been working 60 hour weeks at my day job and I also suffered a hard drive failure. Thankfully I keep backups, although admittedly not very neatly. It was not a fun 2 weeks or so to figure that all out and get my computer back up and running. Damn bad sectors. Anyhow, enough complaining, here is your build, just in time for my birthday! Happy birthday to me, and any other August 1st-ers out there. See the change log below!

Change Log:

•   I've added a basic dialogue system in and it seems to be working now. I have one test wounded civilian character for it near the starting beach.
•   Removed Simplygon, it was causing more issues than it was worth versus doing LOD's manually. Also it was causing issues with my builds.
•   Added more points of interest and secret areas.
•   Did more work on adding more objects and buildings into Operation Freetown.
•   Added a note to the initial loading screen to let people know it's gonna take a while to load initially, but also to let them know that once the initial load is done, subsequent loads are very quick.
•   Added over 16 new journals with more backstory and clues to secrets in the world.
•   Added more enemy ambush spawn zone setups (particularly to simulate attacks on certain safehouses). Hopefully this helps keep people on their toes!
•   Improved performance further with more aggressive LOD's and billboards.
•   Doubled grass LOD range, so it diappears in a less jarring manner.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
Patch 0.8.1.5 Is Live!

Hello everyone!

I've uploaded a patch to hotfix some glaring issues users have been having. Least of which is enemy reinforcements spawning on pacifist game modes. I also did backend work on the dialogue and quest system. In other news, I've been looking at applying for the Canadian Media Fund, which could hopefully pan out into getting some good funding to speed up development. Anyhow, I'll keep you all updated on any news there. For now, check out the fixes below:

Change Log

•   Fixed enemy ambush spawns still triggering in passive mode, they should now only trigger the events if you're playing on a combat mode. I will need people to test this in a custom game and let me know how it works out.
•   Fixed a bug where the player difficulty setting always was displayed as "Hard" when playing a custom mode, even if the player opted to disable all enemy AI.
•   Tweaked various collision hulls to be more accurate to their models.
•   Did backend work regarding dialogue and quest systems

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
Build 0.8.2.0 is Uploaded!

Sorry for the wait on this one guys, I've been rather busy working away on new features and fixes. I'm hoping to wrap up adding new features and content by the end of the year so I can focus on bug fixing and improving performance, before sliding into a full release. Thank you to everyone who's purchased this far for all your support! Check out the full change log below:

Change Log

•   NEW METHOD OF ESCAPE: You can now buy your way off the island, I won't give away too many details on how this is done, and it's somewhat placeholder for now, but functional. Let me know how it works for you guys :)
•   NEW FEATURE: You can now sell items in the gun store. Most weapons will require a certain condition, and ammo count in the magazine to be accepted for sale. I'll need some extensive testing on this, so please buy and sell as much as you can at the gun store to test it. This feature to follow soon for the general store as well. Currently items sell and buy for the same price, how charitable!
•   Reduced vertical recoil for most firearms by about a third. Horizontal kick is the same.
•   Reworked the sniper AI, now they take more aimed deliberate shots instead of just dumping off rounds as fast as they can. They also will zero in on you much quicker if you don't keep their heads down with suppressing fire.
•   Worked a bit more on Operation Freetown.
•   Added more scenes and points of interest into the world, particularly on the first island, to help with getting people into the action right away.
•   Added a sound effect for acquiring diamonds.
•   By request, I inceased the blood splatter sizes caused by bullets by about 20-45%.
•   Increased the SKS magazine size from 10 + 1 to a flat 20. Like the real SKS with a tapco magazine, you can have 20 rounds, but dropping the mag is impossible with the bolt closed, making an extra round in the chamber impossible.
•   Made it more obvious that banana trees can be harvested for bananas, as well as put more of them around the first island. I also put a little hint in the form of a note to hopefully point new players to this mechanic.
•   Fixed various typo's and small issues in UI elements.
•   Increased the SKS shell ejection force to about 3x it's old strength, and made the ejection straight up and about 20 degrees forward, like the real gun.
•   Fixed a handful of small programming errors and minor issues.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »
Build 0.8.3.0 is Live!

Hello everyone! Hope everyone had a great holiday and new year season. I've been working away at E:SL as time allows while I balance two full time jobs. I'm looking for feature requests and to see what the community wants to see fixed next. For what's new in the latest, check out the change log below!

Change Log

•   NEW FEATURE: You can now sell items at the general store, please test this extensively and report bugs if possible!
•   Updated the Remington 870 pump action shotgun reloading to be more realistic. No more will reloading affect the cocked status of the shotgun. It also now only has an 8 round tube magazine, with the possibility of one in the chamber.
•   Tweaked a couple areas on the world map and added more points of interest.
•   Fixed a bug where if you save with binocs in your hand or on your back, you'd have floating binocs in front of you when you reloaded a save.
•   The sound for picking up diamonds should now always play.
•   Fixed a bug with buying a Kbar from the general store, when it should dispense an MRE.
•   Worked a little more on Op Freetown.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
Build 0.8.4.0 is Live!

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay on this build. I've been pulling 60-70 hour work weeks at the other job, and I took a month off everything to go tour around Europe. In my spare time, I got this patch ready for everyone. Check out the change log below, and happy hunting:

Change Log

•   Added a bunch of new areas and enemies to Op Freetown, it's even more hectic now!
•   Added more points of interest and encounters to the main map.
•   Did more work on the dialogue system back-end.
•   Added over 7 new journals with more backstory and clues to secrets in the main level.
•   Added more enemy ambush spawn zone areas and encounters.
•   Attempted to fix the "low" and "medium" graphics settings not actually improving performance.
•   Attempted to improved performance further with more LOD's, and further optimizations to materials and other renders.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Escape from Tarkov

Started by Asid

Replies: 18
    Views: 15791