Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Warlord: Britannia  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Warlord: Britannia
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2023, 12:14:55 AM »
Animals and Ambience 6.0
Fri, 2 June 2023

The People of the Land

Legates,

Greetings! I am happy to announce the release of Animals and Ambience! This is the 5th roadmap update released thus far, and while tamer than others, should bring some pleasant life to the world of Warlord: Britannia!

This update contains two main additions, domesticated farm animals which populate barbarian settlements, and some new camp decorations and tents. Unarmed convoys have also been expanded with new wandering shepherds and goatherds!

New camp structures include the frequently suggested Legate's tent, supply tent, and servant's tent. The supply tent does not add to your storage, but instead provides an organized and covered space to place storage structures, which have been expanded upon with amphorae, grain sacks, and packing gear.

Update Log:

Added sheep
    Added goat
    Added pig
    Added cow
    Added chicken
    Added goose
    Added animal sounds
    Added new exploration soundtrack
    Added shepherd convoy type
    Added goatherd convoy type
    Added supply tent structure
    Added servants tent structure
    Added legates tent structure with new decorations
    Added brazier light structure
    Added amphora storage structure
    Added rolls storage structure
    Added sacks storage structure
    Added packs storage structure
    Updated museum readouts with edited texts
    Changed main menu theme
    Adjusted build tool so it defaults to grid mode on load
    Adjusted servants to prefer supply and servant tents
    Reduced penalty for killing unarmed groups
    Increased supplies carried by unarmed groups
    Increased convoy spawn rate slightly
    Reduced armed convoy spawn chance to favor unarmed slightly
    Reduced chance for settlement garrisoned barbarians to bunch up on points
    Fixed player icon not updating in the map screen
    Fixed progress locking when a past quest is missing

Those who read the last announcement carefully will know I am soon leaving for an archeological expedition to Greece. This will take place between June 17th and July 4th. I hope to lay the groundwork for the Cavalry update before departing, then get back to work upon my return!

As always, please use Discord and Steam to bring bugs to my attention, your help is critical. Thank you all for the support and encouragement!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2023, 12:29:51 AM »
Development News
Fri, 8 September 2023

Cavalry to release September 15th!
Legates,

Greetings! It has been a while since the last official announcement. In fact, Steam (as opposed to Discord, where my announcements are more frequent and less formal) has not been treated to any news since Animals and Ambience, before my trip to Greece, my apologies for this. Well, I have been back in the States and hard at work these past two months! After a series of delays, it became very hard to pinpoint an exact date for the Cavalry update, but things are finally coming together!

I am happy to announce Cavalry will be launching next week, Friday the 15th, alongside a 20% discount!
Not only has this update taken the longest to finish, but it also contains the most new "things," and the largest file size increase to date. Both Roman and Barbarian forces are getting big upgrades, the conflict over Britannia will ratchet up even further.

Get ready to trade in your gladius for a spatha, and Mount up! I will be working now to get the last things done for the release. Thank you all for your patience as we approach the final Warlord: Britannia major update, this will be very exciting. Until then!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2023, 12:59:23 AM »
Cavalry 7.0
Fri, 15 September 2023

The Cavalry has Arrived

Legates,

At long last! The time has come. Trade in your gladius for a spatha and lance, and mount up! The cavalry has arrived and Britannia awaits

As the Roadmap promised, this final update's main feature is Roman and Barbarian cavalry units. Your legion will be bolstered by the addition of two new groups, the Equites Legionis, and the Cohors Amicorum. Horsemen are fast and deadly, armed with spears and longswords capable of quickly dispatching foes underfoot.

Barbarian forces will also be strengthened by the legendary chariots of Britannia. Although considered antiquated at this point by the Romans, they will nonetheless demonstrate their timeless superiority in the open fields and rolling hills of Britannia.

Another new change in this update is an almost full rework of the legion's high command. Now, special standard bearers, such as the Aquilifer will be integrated directly into centuries, promoted from a Signifer. They will stay in formation like Signifers, putting them at increased risk, but this was the historical reality. In addition, the Cohors Amicorum is now the new "command group," replacing the ahistorical group in the original version of the game. The final change is that Auxiliary Prefects are now promoted from Tribunes in the Cohors Amicorum, meaning they do not come from the ranks of the auxiliaries themselves. This was one inaccurate point in the original game's ranking system I needed to remedy. In reality, auxiliary forces would always have a "true born" Roman commander.

I would highly recommend you all create a new post-cavalry save file, but I have strived to make previous saved games compatible. Worst case is you will need to re-promote your special standard bearers and auxiliary prefects.

I hope these new changes and additions make Warlord: Britannia's in-game legion even more historically accurate and interesting! See below for the full update log.

Update log:

Added equites legionis group
    Added cohors amicorum group
    Added roman horses
    Added barbarian horses
    Added barbarian chariots
    Added legate’s horse
    Added equestrian roman names for equites legionis
    Added aristocratic roman names for cohors amicorum
    Added cognomen (hereditary nicknames) for cohors amicorum. It is now possible to generate real historical figures, such as a Gaius Julius Caesar
    Added 9 new ranks
    Added 4 new equestrian helmets not including variations
    Added 5 new armor components
    Added spatha
    Added lancea
    Added equestrian tent
    Added cavalry weapon animation variant
    Added spear weapon animation variant
    Added cavalry control button to cycle formation follow, player follow, and charge independent of other units
    Added damage and striking force multiplier based on speed when mounted
    Added sword clash sounds that play randomly in combat
    Added 2 new quests/achievements for cavalry
    Added new achievement for finding all items in the museum
    Added 4 new soundtracks, 1 marching, 1 camp daytime, and 2 camp nighttime ambience tracks
    Added new pilum UI icon
    Added new UI for tracking items discovered in the museum
    Added backwards compatibility checks that refund old standard bearers and auxiliary prefects to conform to new army organization
    Changed gladius icon to include spear, since player can use both now
    Changed special standard bearers to join normal centuries, see in-game backwards compatibility message if loading an old save
    Changed legionary and engineering prefects to join the cohors amicorum
    Changed auxiliary infantry and archer prefects to be promoted from members of and remain in the cohors amicorum
    Changed quests to consider the new army organization
    Improved combat AI to maintain better distance from target
    Updated help menu to mention new weapon and cavalry controls
    Updated the museum with new cavalry units and items
    Disabled barbarian friendly fire
    Fixed erroneous Pugio and Cingulum museum entry on artilleryman
    Fixed build tool UI not hiding when hiding UI
    Fixed sword controls not hiding when hiding UI
    Fixed AI gliding during combat

As this is the final major update for Warlord: Britannia, I want to thank all of you for the support and enthusiasm this past year. Your positive reviews and comments mean the world to me and keep me motivated to continue the Warlord franchise into it's next adventure!

In the next few weeks expect some patches, then I will be transitioning to the next project. Please join the Discord server, as that is where you will find the most up-to-date information regarding the next game. However, I will continue to post formal announcements here for all existing Warlord players!

Enjoy the new cavalry-infused battlescape of Britannia! The Emperor expects great things from you all...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3154