Translations for our friends around the world.

LIF:YO & MMO

Author Topic: LIF:MMO (Dev News #102) Epleland Event and More Stories  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
LIF:MMO (Dev News #102) Epleland Event and More Stories
« on: May 05, 2018, 07:07:55 PM »
(Dev News #102) Epleland Event and More Stories
4 May - Saxxon

Hey, Feudalists!

May is finally here, so it won’t be too long until the big May patch, that we’ve been focusing on for a couple of months. Our team is also working on a minor patch that’s dropping soon, where we are limiting some console commands, which a lot of you have reported to be abused for gaining advantage. Thank you for your cooperation!

In the meantime, we’re happy to announce something exciting that our game masters have been working on: the first ever in-game event is launching this weekend on Epleland. It’s the first of an in-game event series, and will take place on Saturday, May 5th at 18:00 UTC (2pm EST). Jump in and join the fun!
Don’t forget that we always look forward to hearing from you, so if you have any ideas or feedback on the event, don’t hesitate to hit up our GM, Paul.

We’re continuing with our new segment in today’s devblog, which we started in celebration of our 100th post - so here’s a story from another team member for you to enjoy:

Dima Appeax Romodanovskiy, Texture Artist, Art Department:

I actually found LiF by chance. I was browsing a gamedev forum in 2014 when I stumbled upon LiF and immediately realized - it’s THE ONE! It looked kind of basic, another Medieval project, but it had something unique (including the horrific graphics). I really felt like improving and making it look better, so this was my goal - to make the models look less like Pinocchio (that’s what we used to call them back then). The new graphics turned out to be simple and convenient. I thought ‘it’s an MMO sandbox after all’ - in any case, at least it’s not 8-bit! :D

A year after the launch, the team contacted me again. Or, should I put this as, ‘have given me a chance,’ since this time it was a brand new project, and the objectives were more challenging. Really challenging to be frank. Yet in the end, there are a lot of things that I’m proud of, and while the project is being developed - I am happy to know that there are some studios out there, like this one, that make games for players as if they were making them for themselves. Thanks to my team leads - Stepan and Ilya, for their patience and motivation :) They really help us evolve as professionals.
To me, LiF is more than just a game, it’s a whole ideology (point of view).

A great weekend have you, feudalists, and May the 4th be with you.

— The team
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

LIF:MMO (Dev News #96) New Worlds and Exciting Plans!

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 1986
    Last post March 25, 2018, 02:52:33 AM
    by Asid
    LIF:MMO Dev News #159

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2138
    Last post June 15, 2019, 08:48:53 PM
    by Asid
    LIF:MMO (Dev News #129) Nix Deployment Continues