Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: It Lurks Below  (Read 35093 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: It Lurks Below
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 01:44:33 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.18a
19 August - Graybeard Games   

Features:
- When you press 'E' (interact) to plant, it fills every nearby, highlighted dirt-mound.
- Once you start planting, you can hold down the 'E' (interact) button and move to speed-plant.
- When you change difficulties, I capped the monster levels at the max for that difficulty, rather than 50. For those with stray level 50 monsters in normal, this should help after a world reset.
- You can now sell items at the vendor by picking up the item and left-clicking it on the vendor window.
- There are 5 new unique items.
- Items with Double Jump (Ring, Aspiration Set, etc) now have Feather Falling Triple Jump instead
- Quick Draw Legs have changed so they are created with Wisdom or Grit depending on character class. Old versions won't change.

Bugs:
- Fixed a Typo in Octagonal Crystal
- Ore plants could not be "hold" harvested, because they weren't considered crops. They marched in the streets demanding equality and will now be considered crops.
- I believe I have fixed double mound bug (again). Old double-mounds will still exist.
- Money trees were spawning their gold too high above the tree, but it should be lower now
- Fixed a bug with the treasure tables involving unique items. You should see some more variety now.
- When you were speed-harvesting and had a full inventory it would give you 60 errors a second (with sound!) while the button was down. It now give you just a single error and stops.
- The recipe components were not updating when you created new compost, but do now
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.20a
It Lurks Below - Graybeard Games

Notes:
Lots of work on water/liquids today, but not complete yet. See Discord for a gif!
https://discordapp.com/invite/EE2wM87

Features:
- When a Bard has increased song radius, the particle effect will change as well
- Updated the image for ripe and unharvest-able Black Bean plants to hopefully be more noticable.

Bugs:
- Fixed a small bug with Flight and you can now hold down the space bar to fly again.
- Sometimes when harvesting crystal plants, identify states and names were incorrrect on crystals, but it has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when the Warrior used Dash multiple times in the air, your vertical speed was never reset and you would take falling damage.
- The new Scythe of Death runeword had some bugs with different types of wands (spray, etc), but those are be fixed now.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.22a
23 August - Graybeard Games   

Features:
- Reduced the screen-shake on Concussive melee weapons and added push-back (like wands)
- Unique armors now sell for gold
- Magic Find has an overhaul. It is now named: Luck Rating
- Luck Rating is a diminishing returns formula that approaches 200% (double the old cap)
- All items with Magic Find now have the same amount of points of Luck Rating
- In general, if you had a low (less than 50) amount of magic find, your odds are a bit better now
- At the old cap (100) it is still 100% increase
- At 300 Luck Rating, it is about 150% increase
- When you increase your health through potions or ancient items, it updates/shows your health-bar
- Made the monster health bars a darker color to differentiate between yours and theirs. I may turn them green or some other color.
- The Adamantine Pick will no longer create blocks when mining. It will still create ore.
- Change The Great Leveler to unique item instead of Ancient. Making room for several operating uniques.
- If you had The Great Leveler in your current ancient bar, it will pop out to the ground.
- Barely increased the odds of unique items (<1%), but improved the percentages between common, uncommon and rare once it choose to drop one. I increased uncommon and rare uniques.
- I changed the way that uniques drop (again). Unique crystals count as uniques as well now when dropping, along with new interactive uniques (like: The Great Leveler).
- The Lord High Marshall set has been improved. Regeneration is now percentage based and it has armor percentage as well. Only newly generated items will get these changes.
- I have started on the Wizard update, but it isn't complete
- The Magic Shield has it's own yellow health bar now, so you can see the damage to your shielding
- I've added a new sound to The Thunderstorm Text
- The Wizard Passive is now in
- More to come... Changes to Icy Essay and a new Runeword
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.24a
25 August - Graybeard Games   

I had hoped to finish rain today, but I didn't. I hope this weekend, which means water isn't far behind.

Features:
- There are new particle effects when you dig. A little poof of dust. It may be too much, but we will see.
- When you dig with an item that does not produce blocks, instead it creates a particle-block that bounces and fades.
- Almost all wand projectiles have new graphics. Instead of square, plain particles, they now have a little "bolt" graphic.
- I made a very minor change to Necro pet AI that should improve it just slightly.

Wizard Update part 2:
- Magic Shield has become Frozen Shield, combining Magic Shield and Icy Essay. If you get hit with shield, you shoot out freezing bolts.
- The wizard has a new Ancient Text called "Familiar Folio".
- The familiar is a drake pet that follows the wizard around and shoots random status effects at targets.
- It also gives an increase to elemental damage
- It has nearly the same AI as Necro-skulls.
- There is a new Runeword for Wizards.

Bugs:
- Fixed the text of Finding affix to say "luck rating" instead of "magic find"
- Fixed the survival tree description of Adamantine Pickaxe to say "does not produce blocks".
- It said you could read scrolls in the bank, but you couldn't. It has been fixed.
- Shift + Right-mouse-button on ancient bar at vendor sells instead of just RMB without-shift to make to the same as the rest of inventory.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.26a

Note: There was a big change to the save file, please report any problems to me on Discord

Features:
- Rain has come to the world of ILB!
- Toned down the dust a bit on digging
- Endless Elixir now pops up your health-bar
- You could only turn Mushrooms into compost by waiting, but you can now use the composter on them
- Added dust effect to tilling
- If your familiar dies, it turns off/resets the ancient item now.

Bugs:
- Fixed a selection bug. You can now select/mouse-over things in the top part of screen.
- Digging sound now based on distance, no more doggo dig sounds on the surface
- Familiars were getting caught on things, but it should be better now. Not perfect, but better.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 11:39:15 AM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.27a

Features:
- Tried to optimize particles (and rain) for low-end machines. It's hard to tell if I made much difference.
- Made ilb_config.txt command to turn off rain for now
- Slightly lowered the chance for rain
- When the automap is in the lower left corner, it stays open/visible while other UI pops up now. ESC doesn't close it either. You have to toggle it closed.

Bugs:
- I broke mouse-over popups on buff icons, but they are fixed.
- Fixed a double space typo on melee weapons if there isn't a modifier.
- Ogres just sat there frozen/inactive forever once they are hit by knockback, but they have decided to snap out of it now.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »
Patch notes for EAv0.8.30a

Big Enchanter Update:
- All buffs on your Enchanter have been removed. All ancient items have been reset (toggled off).
- The Enchanter now has a class passive buff, centered around lightning damage type and a mind-break ability
- The Violet Eye has changed into The Heart of a Wisp, allowing you to illusion yourself as a wisp, fly and hide from enemies
- The Staggering Amulet has changed and is now a lightning area attack center on you.
- The Jade Skull of the Third Eye has the debuff mind-break added to the targets as well as stun. You can mind-break bosses.

Features:
- I made a small change to monster AI for cloaked/wisp-ed characters. Monsters remembered that you were their target for 1 second after you cloaked and could attack, but now won't.
- I made food/crops/mushrooms an instant use item for the hotbar
- After level 5, you are now able to eat as much food as you like. This is to allow food with buffs to be consumed at any time.
- Hunger and stamina percents (in the left-side stats display) now display as rounded numbers instead of truncated values
- The invasion boss will now drop an item of quality equal to them being a named-monster.
- Changed odds on named-monster/mini-boss drops a bit, decreasing rings, increasing uniques.

Bugs:
- I fixed a bug which caused particles (rain, torches, etc) to not work properly on the 0/512 wrap-around border.
- A long-standing bug which rarely placed two doors next to each other in the dungeon has been fixed.
- Rainbow wands (including spraying) were not using the right new bolt-images, but should be working now.
- Beam wands that were transformed into The Scythe of Death were not making beams, but are fixed now.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2018, 08:40:22 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.01a

Features:
- New ores in Nightmare-difficulty ice-area: Cobalt and Bronzed
- New Cobalt armor
- Adjusted stats on some crafted armor sets.
- Verdant was overtuned. I set it to level 30 armor, but it should have been for 28.
- Golden Lodestone was not powerful enough and the stats have been increased.
- All armor should automatically update stats, so no need to craft new ones.
- Reduced all materials needed to craft a rare ore bar from 3 down to 2 ores
- Slightly reduced the ore needs for creating Verdant Armor
- Greatly reduced the materials needed for creating Coffee. Coffee will be changing soon to be more interesting.
- Reduced the rate of unique drops after increasing it last patch.

Bugs:
- I forgot to add shoulders to dual wield graphics, so I went through and drew the shoulders for every armor type/combo. You should see them now.
- Fixed a bug where you had no arms if you had dual wield and Aspire or Cosmic armor
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.03a

Features:
- Your character arms now change colors for Verdant and Cobalt armor
- Drackel the Flesh Ooze has a new AI for Nightmare difficulty
- You can no longer sleep in Wisp form
- I have added the Bronzed Ore bulb for magic farming. You should automatically get it if you have magic farming unlocked.
- Golden Fertilizer has been moved out of the general store and into seed bags in the dungeon. Gold trees now drop thousands of gold when chopped down.

Bugs:
- Fixed a typo with the Staggering Amulet
- If you died with the automap up, the menu would appear underneath, but it should go away now.
- Selling materials didn't update the current state of your crafting recipe materials, but it does now.
- I fixed Wisp-form not losing agro to: Hell Bat, Cthulhu Minion, and Wisps.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2018, 12:39:58 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.07a

Features:
- Many of the monsters now have new palettes/colors for nightmare vs. normal (and hell) difficulties. This is new tech that will apply to other things as well.
- There are 5 new uniques. No spoilers, but they are pretty cool.
- Most Monsters have been reworked for nightmare mode.
- All monsters types have new buff/modifier (attack, hit points, crit, digging, building, etc)
- You can see the modifier when you mouse-over a monster-type. It will say in the popup box.
- The next ore series is available in Nightmare: Crimson and Vibrantium.
- The next series of armor in Nightmare can be made
- There is a new magic plant: Vibrantium Ore Bulb and should be auto-given if you have magic-crops unlocked.
- Most of the prices for ore, bars and armor have been adjusted to be even money. There were no changes to the base (ore) prices.

Upcoming:
- Nightmare debuff for the player is coming very soon.
- I've also been working on controller support, liquids, winter (and a big change) and OpenGL, but none of that is quite ready.
- Changes to Boss 3 movement/AI in both Normal and Nightmare
- Final monsters for bottom layer of Normal and the End-Boss
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.08a

Features:
- Updated the Nightmare sight buff description to say: "and digs" because they can dig as well
- You can now pick up/remove Golden Orbs and they will disappear if you dig the background.
- There are five more monsters with new Nightmare palettes
- Amplified Scream bolts now do a lot less damage

Bugs:
- I have fixed cooldowns on unique items after loading. I patched to get this fixed asap.

More patches this weekend.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 12:30:30 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.09a

Features:
- Reduced the amount of damage that The Invigorating Ukulele does
- Hell Bats will no longer get the "sight" buff in Nightmare. No more digging all over the level.
- I have made big changes to The Tentacle of It
- The movement pattern and speed are very different.
- The room is slightly different.
- There are now visiual effects when the enlarging eye explodes.
- Nightmare AI is active now.

Bugs:
- Fixed a typo in the Weapon Stance Ancient item text
- Fixed a typo in the Defensive Stance Ancient item text
- You can no longer place dirt on top of ground-torches. Thanks for finding that one. It has been in a year and never reported.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.12a

The four seasons have come to ILB!
- I have added seasons to ILB. New characters start in spring and each season lasts 7 in-game days.
- It will automatically change to the correct season on load of older characters.
- I will be changing Farming next. Seasons will change what you can plant and when.
- In winter, you will not be able to plant anything, and nothing will bloom. You have been warned. Prepare for winter.

Features:
- I have changed buff timers to display just hour or minutes or seconds depending on length, rather than exact time.
- Survival Experience for digging was being rewarded on a per-swing basis instead of per-block.
- It has been changed to be awarded on block destruction and the amount is based on how strong the block is.
- This should increase the survival experience from digging quite a bit in the late game.

Bugs:
- Roasted coffee beans incorrectly had a rot time (that was not displayed). They no longer rot.

========================================================

Patch notes for EAv0.9.12b

Features:
- All Staves now draw arms and shoulders correctly. When I fixed melee weapons, I forgot to fix Staves
- Scrolls now have a description of what they do in the popup window
- There is now a debuff for being in Nightmare. You will have less resistances and have a chance at dropping ancient items when you die.

Bugs:
- I accidentally left rain/snow off, but inclement weather is back.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2018, 12:44:29 AM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.22a

It has taken a while to create this patch. This is a really big change to the survival part of the game.

The vision for this game has always been a mix of survival and action-oriented-rpg. I wasn't happy with the way farming was going, so I've changed it.
Part of what makes a survival game interesting is when it is difficult. The struggle is compelling. With farming, it was extremely hard, then very easy.
After just a short time playing, there was no challenge left and it became too chore-like. So, I have changed farming quite a bit in this patch.

I'm not sure it will stay this way. I'm going to play it for a few days/weeks and see how it goes. This is what early-access is all about.
I am also strongly considering a mode in the game without food/hunger/energy. A dungeon-diver mode, if you will. That will be later, if I add it.
I'd love to hear you feedback on the changes as well. On to the patch notes!

Survival and Farming changes:
- Your survival points have been refunded and the survival tree has been greatly altered. It is currently a bit small.
- Food no longer rots in your inventory
- Food no longer makes seeds. You must find seeds in the dungeon.
- Grow times have been greatly increased.
- All non-magic crops no longer rot before harvesting.
- You can only plant most seeds during specific seasons. They say which season when you highlight them.
- The vendors no longer sell seeds most of the time. There is a rare chance that they will sell some.
- When a new season starts, it will kill any plant in the world that can't grow during the season.
- When you load a character, it will kill any plant that isn't supposed to be growing during the immediate season.
- No food grows during winter.
- The second quest no longer has you extract seeds from food. The farming quest gives you a carrot seed to plant.
- All crops and food now have a survival ranking. This is determined by what survival ranking you are when you acquire it.
- A crop's survival ranking increases the amount of feed the food will provide.
- When you mouse-over any food, it will display how much feed it provides.
- When you cook food out of crops, it averages the survival ranking to assign to the cooked food.
- Raw food provides almost no feed for your hunger.
- You now get the cooking recipe: Veggie Bowl the first time you harvest a carrot or cabbage.
- There are new recipes for spring, summer and autumn. Basic will allow you to cook food into meals. Advanced recipes will provide buffs. Not all are in yet.
- Compost is now a currency, like gold or crystal-shards. All your compost inventory items have been removed and turned into currency.
- When you compost an item, the amount of compost scales based on the crop survival ranking.
- Your stomach now scales based on your experience level. You start with 100 and get to 1000ish at level 50.
- The UI for your stomach now displays a number instead of a percent.
- You lose 1% of your stomach every 6 seconds (without slow digestion, etc)
- Sleeping will slightly increase (1s) the time until you lose 1%
- YOU CAN DIE OF HUNGER, once again. The hungry debuff will stack to 10 and then you start losing health every second.
- I have increased seed prices

Features:
- You can no longer pick up and replace vendors to refresh their inventories.
- The crafting menu now has a sorting order in the data, so it should make more sense and items show be clumped together better.

Bugs:
- Fixed a bug with ground torches preventing you from tilling anywhere near them.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2018, 12:15:43 PM »
Patch notes for EAv0.9.23a b

Thanks for all the feedback on the survival changes. This patch will address a few early problems.

Features:
- I've balanced the food created in a new world. Instead of randomly choosing between carrots, cabbage and berries, there is a good balance, making it easier to cook.
- There are several new recipes to help early/common cooking: Stewed Carrots, Sauerkraut, Burger and Corned Beef with Cabbage
- Seed bags also take seasons into account now
- Luck now changes what seeds you get out of bags and chests. There are rare and common seeds.

Patch notes for EAv0.9.23b
[ Patch 2 of 2(?) today ]

Bugs:
- If you loaded a character, went back to the main menu and started a new character, you would start in the wrong season (and possibly winter). This is fixed.
- Fixed a bad bug, which was incorrectly dropping crystals, potions and other stuff at the wrong depth. I swapped depth and survival level when creating the item.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: