Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 20.04.18 at 20.00 GMT  (Read 3726 times)

Offline General Sandman

SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 20.04.18 at 20.00 GMT
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 20/04/18 at 20:00 GMT

Immersive, friendly session.

Played with full fog of war.

**                    Notes                      **
SOW Version: Waterloo 1.01
Largest command: Corps
Smallest command: Brigade
Mission Duration: 150 - 240 minutes; 180 min regulary
Minimum number players: 2
Date: Friday 20/04/18
Time: 20:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: 104.153.105.2:35200  Please wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Scourge Of War

Extra Notes:
•   TIME LIMIT: 00.30 a.m. GMT at the following day, if no different agreement has been made by the participants.
•   The room will be open at 19:30 GMT for preparation & mission setup
•   House rules: Click here
•   HITS system
•   Courier orders
•   Bare map. Full F.O.W.
•   No voice during game. (comms by courier only)

Mods required:
•   DOW Community Toolbar V8: This will be provided.
•   If an updated mod is required you will be sent a link via pm

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Must be proficient Using HITS
•   Have a good understanding of UI

You must apply in advance. For this rule is set for good reasons, not having signed up until 19.50 GMT latest, means you wont play. If you signed up, but cannot make it or arent sure you can make it in time, post it here! When signing up, you declare that you most probably will be able to participate and that you are ready to play at 20.00 GMT latest. If you re not sure that this applies, dont sign up. You still can inform, that you might come, but in any case, confirm until the given deadline.

20.00 GMT is the starting time for the MP game to be launched! It is NOT the time when we begin to meet pre battle. Make sure you appear 10 or at least 5 minutes before 20.00 GMT. Joining the host after, but before 20.00 GMT latest is only tolerated. Keep in mind, that not letting wait your comrades is simply a matter of respect!

Commanders and leaders:

- General Colbert
- General Sandman
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:29:18 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
Re: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 20.04.18 at 20.00 GMT
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
my men are ready for another battle. :dwarf
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
On the march!  :cool_Napoleonic
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 08:07:07 PM »
I found a burnt bridge on my way to join the battlefield

See you next week :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
General Colbert and General Sandman met for a rematch 1 vs. 1.

First it had been setup a sandbox-battle in corps size. General Sandman commanded a prussian and Genral Colbert commanded a french corps. This time Sandman spawned close to the Objective situated in the SE of the area and could seize it very early gaining VPs from it. He deployed one with Arty reinforced Inf Divison at the Objective, while the other formations spread out NW-N to work as advance guard blocking enemy approachings.

The advancing prussian Inf Division directly commanded by its AI officer has been surprised by Colbert´s move hard E and suffered remarkable losses by french combined arms interceptions, until a consolidation could be achieved and the meanwhile alarmed prussian Cavalry was on its way.

Unfortunately this very interesting battle had to be broken up, because one of the players dropped due technical issues.

But how great it was, that we started the session in time (the 2 protagonists joined the server at 19.30 GMT or sooner), so we could easily setup a new battle which should be not less interesting.

This time General Sandman commanded the french Corps of D´Erlon while General Colbert was in charge of von Thieleman´s Prussians. The Objective was in the E. Colbert who started in the NE could get there a bit sooner than Sandman coming from the W. So the Objective had been occupied by the Prussians who held it till the end of the battle.
It took a while for the french to build up a deployment, because one after the other division reached the battlefield in successivly incoming road-columns. Also some prussian elements joined their main body with some delay.
Batteries were placed on high grounds along a small valley and the battle heated up. While Sandman was thinking about how to conduct the attack on the Objective, General Colbert himself unexpectly started to probe the french lines supported by intervals of Cavalry penetrations also against the french batteries on the lifts. The french prevailed the positions by fiercly defending Infantry and Cavalry counters. But sometimes the cannons had to been drawn back and redeployed after a parade. Nevertheless the prussians could destroy or occupy a couple of pieces.
General Colbert kept pushing until his offensive formations got exhausted or routed. Then finally Sandman´s French were free to counter. The offence started at the flanks, especially on the prussian´s left, where the french could keep up the pressure, initiated before while countering the prussian advance. On the other hand there was a difficult terrain (small river and wood), which made an attack hard to perform. At the end the french brought all reserves and approached over the complete front. But there wasnt anymore remaining time to seriously threaten the Objective.

Although controling the Objective, General Colbert, according his brave agressive doctrine, decided to defend it with the means of an offence. But this offence, against a well organized enemy and strong uphill positions cost him many troops. In the end his Prussians suffered about 7500 casualities, while the french had to sacrifice "only" 5700 troops and therefore still being effective for possible further actions.

So finally the battle resulted a hard fought french tactical victory, but without ever seizing or threatening the local target always held by General Colbert.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:36:04 AM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
 the Prussian attack against the hill, it was the work of my generals without me ordering it, I wanted to bring the whole body to the target, but, as I said, my generals undertook the conquest of the hill. left side to check that the target remained in the hands of the Prussians. Meritatissima battle won by General Sandman to whom all the credit for his brilliant victory goes   :howdy :howdy :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:00:49 AM by Colbert »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 07:27:05 PM »

The initial Situation:

Initial Deployments:

Deployments from prussian Perspective:

Deployments from french Perspective:

Prussian Probes:

French Attack on the right Wing:

French Attack on the left Wing:

Final Situation:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Nice AAR

Thank you for posting it  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
Purtroppo, non giochiamo più a questo bellissimo gioco, speravo che in inverno, ci fosse il ritorno dei generali.Spero presto di rigiocare con voi, a presto Colbert
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Tags:

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 03/10/18 at 20:00 GMT

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 3
    Views: 2451