Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Ostriv  (Read 23957 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Ostriv
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

Ostriv is a city-building game that puts you in a role of a governor of an 18th century town to challenge your creative skills and management abilities. Dive into the story mode and decide the fate of your country, or just build your cities for fun in sandbox mode.

Home Page: Here
Blog: Here
YouTube Channel:Here
Steam: Coming soon

Single-player

Ostriv pre-alpha teaser (Mar 2017)

About This Game
Ostriv aims to raise the bar of city-building experience by adding a huge amount of possibilities and removing annoying limitations. It allows for truly organic town layouts without the grid and angle restrictions on a three-dimensional landscape. The goal is to make player’s creations to become alive and believable communities where real-life problems would arise, thus making the late game a new challenge rather than a repetitive chore.

You can watch the development of this masterpiece from afar on Facebook and Twitter or you can join by purchasing an alpha and help by providing your awesome (or, even better, awful) feedback!

The current alpha contains 28 basic buildings, 3 maps, advanced farming with crop rotation and ploughing, organic dirt roads modeling, dynamically changing seasons, basic trading by land and some other things you would expect from a city-building game.

A lot of things are yet to be done. Check out the current roadmap to see what’s planned to be added before Ostriv becomes a finished game.

Main Features:

Create your cities, trade with neighboring towns by land or distant countries by sea, define taxes and policies, and watch as Ostriv's world reacts to your decisions in a natural way.

The game utilizes a custom engine written from scratch to allow for the most detailed simulation, including seamless seasons change, influences on environment, economy simulation, and realistic human behavior.

Every citizen is an individual who has their own motivation and set of abilities. Thus each playthrough creates a plenty of unique life stories.

Watch your people arrange their lives in your town: make families, choose jobs based on their skills, produce and sell goods to each other, and move up the social ladder.

They can also resort to violence and crime when their needs are not fulfilled.

Created solely by one man, the game keeps its style consistent with the author's vision. Inspired by Ukrainian culture, Ostriv delivers a unique Eastern European feel never shown in city-building games before.

Create your own levels, buildings, scenarios, or even develop a full-scale campaign. Share your creations with the community or download mods made by other players on the Steam Workshop.

Roadmap:
•   campaign (story mode)
•   improved trading: trade by sea and by river, negotiations, discounts, reputation
•   more statistics(production, consumption, trade etc.)
•   more production chains
•   education, religion, entertainment
•   graveyards
•   crime, justice and security
•   more types of housing(row houses etc.)
•   more types of bridges, paved roads
•   pigs, sheep, ✓, orchards, more crop types
•   more sound effects and music
•   improved graphics and optimized performance for bigger cities
•   Linux (and maybe Mac) support
•   weather effects
•   improved navigation
•   cats and dogs
•   more believable behaviors, social activities, animations
•   more realistic products consumption, real demand for food variety
•   products quality, spoilage
•   worker experience, sharing experience, manager skills
•   private businesses
•   vehicles wearing out
•   more town hall functionality : advisors, policies, personnel management
•   more maps with different landscape types
•   ability to select camp position
•   better tree models
•   better UI
•   more languages
•   complete game manual and in-game tips
•   more options, customizable key bindings
•   customizable building colors, ornamentation
•   customizable building forms, free-form fields
•   modding support (level editor, building editor)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:56:29 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Ostriv
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
Alpha 1 Patch 7
April 16, 2018

The last two month were mostly about boring debugging and balancing. But, still, it’s all to lay lasting foundations for future big content updates. I think this will be a penultimate bugfix-patch. In patch 8 I’m going to put some more effort to fix all the issues related to demolishing and various old-hardware problems, after that I’ll finally get down to Alpha 2, which will have improved UI, graphics and lots of new buildings.

Just to remind, everyone who owns Alpha 1, will get access to Alpha 2 without any additional purchases, just like all other future updates, including Steam version.

As for Steam release, I can’t say exact date yet, but most probably this will hapen along with the release of next content iteration – Alpha 3.

So here’s what’s new in seventh patch:

Added/changed:

•   added messages for construction/demolition completed with a link to related building

•   can now demolish coastal buildings (boatyard and fishing dock)
•   tannery now works in batches and requires bark, water, salt and lime for a 6 month-long tanning process

•   producing bark at the forestry (for leather tanning)
•   added another source of water, which is suitable only for production purposes (to avoid draining wells)

•   reduced well productivity and drinking water consumption
•   now it’s possible to allow using wells for specific purpose (For citizens, For production)
•   wells are now demolishable (It’s not perfect yet, so I’d recommend unchecking both options and wait for all fetching tasks to complete before demolishing)
•   rebalanced wood and firewood production a bit
•   not fetching too small amounts of resources for production buildings
•   reduced weaver’s productivity
•   can now produce dried fish at fishing dock (salt required)

•   quick load (F9) now works in main menu
•   now requiring restart to change screen mode (didn’t always work properly otherwise)

Fixed:
•   terrain texture black glitches when disabling water reflections
•   black minimap on AMD/Radeon video cards
•   cows getting stuck on fields
•   slaughterhouses stopped taking cows from certaing cowsheds
•   crash when demolishing cowshed while cows are relocated
•   bought cows stayed at a cowshed sometimes
•   messengers from other towns stopped arriving at all (in some rare cases)
•   crash on new field creation
•   crash when two carpenters conflict
•   weird carts behavior, including stacking them at a carpentry
•   crash on cancelling order at cart parking (in some cases)
•   doubled wood consumption at carpentery if two workers hired
•   now slaughterhouses prefer closest cowshed rather than first in a list
•   laborer limit didn’t always work properly
•   planted trees had wrong shadows when viewed from distance
•   removed artifacts on plants reflection:

•   crashes and undefined behavior related to chicken import
•   crash when someone tries to fetch water from a demolished building
•   crash after demolition of a cowshed with dedicated pasture assigned
•   redesigned rendering code to help with driver crashes on low-end video cards
•   a UI-related crash, that probably seemed random for the user
•   laborers list in construction properties wasn’t updated properly
•   it was impossible to assign farm/cowshed to an unlinked field
•   crashes and undefined behavior related to hay production
•   crash when two workers finish boat sumiltaneously

Some problems may still persist in old saves, but won’t appear again.

To update your game you can just download it again from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game and then replace it completely with your current version. Your saves will stay.

If you have errors regarding “MSVCP140.dll” you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Here’s the direct link: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
Alpha 1 patch 8
May 24, 2018

So here’s the bad news – this is the last update for Alpha 1. But there’s also a good one: from this moment I’m getting down to the next alpha, which will bring a lot more new features. Of course the development of this new version will take much more time but I’m sure it worth it.

During open testing of Alpha 1 I gathered a whole lot of useful feedback and it lets me see the future of Ostriv clear like never before. First of all it’s time to completely overhaul the UI, improve pathfinding and graphics. Sure there will also be a lot of new buildings. Some game systems require substantial changes, so this new version will not have backwards compatibility with alpha 1 saves.

Follow the news to learn more about alpha 2 later.

But here’s what we have now:

Added/changed:
•   chickens are now born as hatchlings and can only produce eggs after 6 months old
•   added walking animation for chickens

•   smithy now emits black smoke when working
•   can now relocate chickens between coops
•   recompiled libraries to remove VS2013 dependency

Fixed:
•   water reflection only looked as intended on 1920×1080 screen resolution
•   water platforms on both sides of the river caused waterwalking
•   some resource amounts flickered on pause
•   when starting new game after another game loaded, some information on worldmap has no been properly cleared
•   it was possible to create a field out of map borders, leading to random crashes

To update your game you can just download it again from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game and then replace it completely with your current version. Your saves will stay.

If you have lost your link, you can use this tool to regain access: http://humblebundle.com/resender

If you have errors regarding “MSVCP140.dll” you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Here’s the direct link: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:07:32 PM »
One of the new features in Alpha 2 is realistic demand for food variety. Speaking of which, here's how you provide resources for actual Ukrainian cuisine:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 01:46:12 AM »
Alpha 2 development update
December 21, 2018   

It has been quite some time since I’ve posted anything in this blog, so I thought it would be nice to give an update to everyone who don’t follow my twitter. Also adding some news for those who do.

Here’s an incomplete list of features, that you can definitely expect from Alpha 2:
• Improved UI
• More sounds and an original soundtrack
• Vehicles wearing out and repair
• Better models for trees and plants
• Optional key bindings. Also new hotkeys added
• More realistic food consumption, variety demand
• Graveyards (unfortunately your citizens will no longer be immortal)
• Pigsty
• Boats and ploughs relocation + 2 more ploughs per a farm
• More animations
• More realistic navigation
• Game performance optimization
• Construction workers will also deliver resources to construction site
• Free-form fields
• Icons over buildings showing problems

All that features are either ready or now in works. I’ll post a full list when an update comes out.

One of the new features in Alpha 2 is realistic demand for food variety. Speaking of which, here's how you provide resources for actual Ukrainian cuisine:

You might be curious what is taking so long? Don’t forget to keep in mind that the project you have supported is very ambitious and had been like this from the beginning. There’s no way one can design a game like this in theory and just implement it. Every new feature needs to be tested, changed, tested again and so on. Some features just don’t work out and should be replaced completely. Let’s see an example: I received a lot of positive feedback on the way I implemented paths in game. While not exactly a new invention, it’s still a unique feature because of the unprecedented level of detail. But was it a simple solution? Not really. I’ve been trying various techniques starting from February, 2016 and only came up with the current solution in September. And even now I can still see a room for improvement. So it takes a lot of time and energy to make something really stand out. That’s the main reason why we don’t have masterpiece games being released every day. Also that’s the reason why I can’t give you an ETA for this next update.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1055396533242339328
Video showing Reworked the way building footprints work. Now supporting concave shapes and reserved entry areas which are allowed to intersect.
So much more places to put benches on!

You might ask why not release what’s ready so far, and here’s why: all the additions that I do now tend to break old saves compatibility. And it’s much better to batch all these changes in one patch, so players shouldn’t meet the frustration of losing all their progress with each update. Also I still have a huge amount of tasks from the feedback on Alpha 1 and I’d better have all old problems solved by the time I’ll get a new wave of suggestions and bug reports when Alpha 2 comes out. I’m interested in releasing alpha 2 as soon as possible more than anyone. So.. just thanks in advance for your patience.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 03:47:19 PM »
Alpha 2 released!
May 3, 2019

I guess when someone says “new content” for a city building game, first that comes into mind is new buildings and production chains. But instead of going the path of adding “more of the same”, I tried to fit as much as I can into existing buildings, improve what’s already there and fill in the missing parts.

I believe that attention to the detail is what sets Ostriv apart from other city-building games so I’m just refining its stronger points.

There’s a lot of interesting new stuff still on the road map, but I don’t want to add those before the game system is able to make them really meaningful.

Also this is the first update to feature some of the work not entirely made by me. With the funding collected during Alpha 1 I’ve been able to get a lot of help from some of my very talented friends.

Together we managed to get the game UI on a new level and break the silence with a unique soundtrack.

Although it was almost a whole year in development since last update and had some major improvements, keep in mind that it is still an alpha, so don’t expect it to be as stable as a finished game. This genre leaves no chance for quick development. Everything needs a lot of thought, testing, thought again.. So Alpha 2 is another iteration of testing. In which all of you are welcome to take part! https://ostrivgame.com/buy/

Let’s see what’s new.

Added/changed:
•   Added pigs husbandry for production of pork and an iconic Ukrainian product – salo

•   Substantially overhauled and improved the game UI
•   Improved the look of water edge in winter
•   Optimized performance (sounds way simpler than it is)
•   Added a new farm crop – buckwheat
•   View pitch is now saved to restore after zooming out
•   Added a lot of sounds and music
•   Can now exit world map or control panels with Esc key
•   Added an option to disable edge scrolling
•   Added hotkeys to open worldmap, economy & population panels
•   Added an ability to modify all key bindings

•   Can now set custom basic wage for laborers as well
•   Reworked the way building footprints work. Now supporting concave shapes and reserved entry areas which are allowed to intersect

•   Build queue:
 o   Added buttons to pause/continue each construction + Shift to pause/continue all
 o   Added tree removal counter
 o   Added indicators for cause of construction stalling

•   Added sit down and stand up animations for fishermen on boats
•   Can now relocate boats to another fishing dock
•   Added more tool models for citizens to carry
•   Added several in-game options:
 o   Showing connections between farms and fields, houses and residents, buildings and workers
 o   Showing problems, like deactivated fields, families out of money, farms without manager etc.
 o   Always show occupied space when hovering a building

•   Can now pan view with mouse
•   Eyedropper function to copy existing buildings
•   Added nice marks for trees to be chopped
•   Added skybox with some clouds which reflect in water. Also changes depending on season

•   Improved texture effects related to snow, especially on buildings
•   Added hotkeys to tilt camera
•   Improved water shader for better freezing and melting visuals
•   Smooth transitions between game speeds
•   Added new cursors
•   Better progress bar updating on game load
•   Building areas under roofs don’t get as much snow as open areas

•   Can now relocate ploughs between farms, also two more ploughs per farm allowed
•   Showing more detailed help messages when ordered vehicles can’t be constructed
•   Added visualization of vehicle or animal relocation directions (when dragging)

•   Improved the way construction priority works, is more strict now
•   Construction workers can now switch between build and resource supply tasks, making several deliveries during one workday
•   Construction workers can turn back or redirect the delivery if priority changed or construction paused
•   Construction workers are now constantly hired at a camp center or town hall
•   Added sale stats in all selling points (currently market stalls and forestries)
•   A minimap in the corner of screen can now be hidden when not needed
•   Added option for big (48px) or small (32px) cursor
•   Sorting game saves by time saved
•   Can now choose a name for a saved game
•   Added dust particle effects when demolishing buildings
•   Added dust particle effects when plowing fields
•   Added a hot key to rotate building 180 degrees (useful to place houses in front of each other)
•   Improved the settings storage file, so you won’t loose your settings when the game updates (alpha 2 onward)
•   Particle effects of falling snowflakes

•   Can now choose if specific field should be plowed or not
•   Improved plough model – покращено модель плуга
•   Now using correct draft animal texture as it was before assigning to a plough
•   Plough blade is now being lowered when plowing
•   Cowshed cows can now die of old age
•   Carts, ploughs and fishing boats gradually wear out and need to be repaired at a carpentry or a boatyard respectively
•   Can now allow/disallow migration to the town in a town hall or a camp center
•   Added delay before immigrants arrive after migration conditions met
•   Showing floating icons over buildings with problems (families out of food, deactivated fields, farm without managers etc.)
•   Farm fields can now be of any 4-sided form specified point-by-point. Can get back to previous point with right click

•   Citizens now demand food variety, not just quantity
•   Families now tend to have less kids if they’re not wealthy enough
•   Added descriptions for all tasks performed by workers
•   Slightly improved tree animation and some of the tree models
•   Decorative tree placement now uses full-scale tree model during preview
•   Amount of leaves on the ground depends on tree size now
•   When harvesting, a worker can carry harvest on the way from field to a farm

•   Newly created families get a starting budget based on their parents wealth
•   Improved the localization system to recognize grammatical genders
•   Citizens can now die of old age. There’s also an ability to designate burial plots for that cases

•   New resource type: metal parts. Required for carts and ploughs production/repair
•   New building: charcoal pile. Laborers will gather firewood and burn it to charcoal

•   Smithy now requires charcoal in order to work
•   Families can now also have grandparents living with them
•   Improved the localization system to support numerals in some languages
•   Added an ability to give families a financial help from town’s treasury
•   Can see a family tree for all house inhabitants now

•   Tweaked forest trees randomization to avoid overlapping
•   You can now set storage limits for granaries just like warehouses

•   Changed the way citizens choose benches to sit, now more evenly distributed
•   Showing when a family have settled in the town
•   Slightly improved citizens textures
•   Can now choose a starting camp location when starting a new map
•   New option for UI scale – 180%. Also can set UI scale in ostriv_settings.exe
•   When supplying resources to building, workers won’t take carts if resource amount is small enough to carry in hands
•   More intensive house chimney smoke in winter
•   If the harvest is left on a field for winter it gradually spoils
•   Same goes for hay left on a dryer
•   Slightly improved the look of the pine forest

•   Crops like wheat, sunflower and buckwheat require additional processing (threshing) by farm workers
•   Can’t plant decorative trees too close to each other anymore
•   Decorative trees are now planted by foresters
•   Forestry workers made a bit smarter when it comes to deciding what to do now
•   Can now specify regions for tree replanting by foresters

•   Added snow on trees in winter
•   Added a plantable dog-rose bush for bush lovers

•   Added an icon in building properties indicating that production limit is reached
•   Trade wagons and shepherds delivering cows are now distinguishable on the world map
•   Slightly improved birds animation
•   Improved the look of grass and other vegetation, added more defined seasonal changes

•   Added an option to empty all building’s storage. Workers and laborers will try to move resources elsewhere. It also works for resource stacks left on the ground
•   Can only demolish emptied buildings now
•   Improved fishing spots selection. Not cluttering boats on each other, respecting fish population depletion

•   People buy shoes and clothes only if they can afford it
•   Trade deals from outer towns are changing over time now

•   Added a detailed resource statistics in economy panel

•   Added one new map

•   Added a button if field properties to manually switch to next culture (if farm has manager)
•   Can specify in farm properties if hay and water for oxen should be supplied
•   Added supply options in farms
•   Other minor changes and additions. Hard to track everything

Fixed:
•   Foresters teleported with white lines to closest tree if it’s on the other side of the river
•   Some houses had wrong floor collision model making people levitate near the door
•   False positive inaccessibility when placing buildings
•   Improved game timing system to avoid things like inconsistent construction speed or worker salary at different game speeds
•   Game could get stalled after spent more than 20 in-game years
•   Traders will now choose from available trading posts, not only the first built
•   It was impossible to send messengers if there’s no manager on first-built trading post, but present on other
•   Some buildings were not on center of the screen when focusing on them
•   Doors didn’t get highlighted when a building is selected
•   Crash when trade wagon leaves the town (in some cases)
•   Mysterious door-shaped objects appeared in water reflection sometimes
•   Smithy created smoke forever (even after demolition)
•   Migration status reported water is ok even if it’s only available for production
•   Vertical scrolling in lists with mouse wheel didn’t always work
•   Now correctly restoring pause after going to main menu
•   Stuttering when turning windmill body
•   No snow on carts under roof
•   Fishermen standing in boats after game loaded
•   Fishing boats catch was invisible
•   It was possible to order extra boat/cart on a slot in some cases
•   Now citizens buy food in front of the market stall, not inside of it
•   Shadow artifacts outside map borders
•   Some shadows were detached from objects, creating a feeling of levitation
•   It was possible to change game speed with keys from the main menu
•   Anisotropic texture filtering on terrain was broken in last patches
•   Citizen lighting was incorrect in some animation poses
•   Cart relocation have always been choosing the first hovered recipient, even if mouse moved away
•   Carts stayed as if someone holds them while loading/unloading
•   Construction graph didn’t work correctly for bridges
•   Autosave_previous always had the same modified time as autosave
•   Saved games list had broken scrolling if accessed second time
•   Tooltips were partially covered by cursor on certain UI scales
•   Order box in carpentry always showed 0/2 animals regardless of real number
•   Boatyard getting stuck if wood amount is between 17.5 and 20
•   Another reason to crash when a trading wagon leaves the map
•   Crash during chicken relocation
•   Houses selection now uses fences form, not just rectangle
•   Autumn leaves kept showing up on the ground each year even if the tree was removed
•   It was possible to build partially outside map borders which led to undefined behavior later in game
•   Siblings are no longer allowed to marry
•   Fishing dock workers tended to teleport randomly underground
•   Newly created families immediately moved out
•   Windmills and hay dryers didn’t select by underlying circle, just by model geometry
•   It was hard to select a worker during construction because of picking code used finished building’s geometry
•   Fathers could be too young for their kids
•   Fishing boats looked like there’s water inside when viewing from certain angles
•   Cowshed pasture was “during season” from start, preventing it from demolition & reassign
•   Laborer icons, when too many, could cover other buttons in farm properties
•   A new game could still have economy panel buttons from previously loaded game
•   Log carrying was a bit weird in latest patches
•   Water platform was too sensitive to terrain flatness
•   Grass could disappear in the corners of screen
•   Various crashes when demolishing water sources
•   It was possible to build fishing docks on too thin rivers
•   It was possible to build a fence across the river
•   Chickens were immune to thirst
•   Crash when getting resources from previously demolished building
•   Some other bugs may have been fixed by reworking some of the systems, but need to be checked

So that’s it. My mailbox is fully ready to be destroyed by your bug reports and feedback! yevheniy@ostrivgame.com

Reminding that if you own Alpha 1, you can just download the updated version from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game. Unpack Alpha 2 archive separately from any previous versions.

If you have lost your link, you can use this tool to regain access: http://humblebundle.com/resender

If you’re new to Ostriv, you can get it here https://ostrivgame.com/buy

If you want to further support the development, you can always get another copy for your friend. Just check “This purchase is a gift” and you’ll be sent a unique gift link to download.

Also don’t forget to spread the word: there’s a whole lot of online communities where no one ever heard of Ostriv.

Thanks for staying to the end of this longest release notes in history! Enjoy planting bushes!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
Ostriv Alpha 2 trailer

Published on May 3, 2019

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 12:10:44 AM »
Alpha 2 patch 1
May 25, 2019

This update is mostly consists of fixes based on your awesome feedback after initial alpha 2 release.

Added/changed:
•   Changed fonts for better readability on different systems
•   New UI scale options: 80% and 90%
•   Pigs can now die of old age just as cows
•   Slightly optimized for big towns
•   Doubled amount of carried resource when loading/unloading trade wagons
•   Graves are now better placed on uneven ground
•   Now farm oxen only consume hay in winter
•   Can now specify limit for yearly wheat supply in windmill
•   Cows left on a pasture for winter will die of hunger
•   A message “died of old age” now links to the family of deceased
•   Added status strings for charcoal pile
•   Now sorting resource lists alphabetically
•   Added more floating notifications on problems

Fixed:
•   Some statuses in fishing dock were never shown
•   Several small UI fixes
•   Trade wasn’t ready for chicken eggs
•   Beef and hides amount when slaughtering cows didn’t depend on age
•   Another crash after demolishing some buildings
•   False shadowing when shadows disabled
•   Some resource stacks were invisible
•   Severe lag during harvesting in big towns
•   False “inaccessible” during coastal buildings construction
•   Crash when starting new game after hovering a building
•   It was possible to build partially on water, which led to navigational anomalies
•   Plowed field was visible even under snow
•   Edge scrolling didn’t always work
•   Crash after setting up a place for reforestation
•   Undefined behavior when chickens die during relocation
•   White lines appeared when trees are close to water
•   Crash in March when cows are being delivered to a pasture
•   Crash when slaughtering cows (only happened on low FPS)
•   Glitches when displaying too many connections
•   Crash after someone died of old age
•   Carpentery hoarded fake metal part reserves
•   World map town demand/proposal could stuck in some cases
•   Game files sometimes were saved without “.save” extension
•   When demolishing unfinished reforestation area ghost trees were left
•   A field being stuck in pasture mode forever, not letting reassign or demolish
•   Undefined behavior when relocating pigs by several workers, led to several memory error later in game
•   Slaughterhouse workers could slaughter more than required
•   Couldn’t store salt in a warehouse
•   Could create unlimited number of deals
•   Couldn’t place bushes near trees
•   Drinking water consumption was abnormally low

To update your game you can just download it again from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game and then replace it completely with your current version. Your saves and options will stay.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 01:04:30 AM »
Should be much easier to grow pigs with a wider choice of feed options

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
Alpha 2 patch 2
July 9, 2019

Here we go:

Added/changed:
•   New building: a small chapel

•   Added a 64-bit version of the game (should slightly improve performance on 64-bit systems)
•   Can now demolish fallow fields during season if not using as a pasture
•   Added a new fence model

•   Can now apply hire options to all buildings of this type
•   Slightly improved citizen clothes variety
•   Increased the time a trade wagon waits for workers to load/unload it
•   Added a search feature to cycle through all the buildings of the same type

•   Can now specify how much to stock raw materials or animal food in supply options. Also now able to use multiple food types for pigs and chickens.

•   Updated some of the building models

Fixed:
•   Slaughterhouse preference checkboxes were not saved
•   Pigs or chickens trader could deliver to the same pigsty or chicken coop if arrived at the same time
•   Eggs trade was still a bit off (also leading to corrupted other deals and spamming with wagons)
•   A blue screen after clicking on newcomer portrait
•   Crash when chopping trees near the map border
•   Crash when have a corrupted file in saves folder
•   Crash when a grandparent outlives all other family members
•   Market stalls and forestries could keep reserves for dead people
•   Improved time calculation (should fix the worker stalling bug, but can’t check since it’s a very rare bug)
•   Two workers at a carpentry could mess up oxen leading to random crashes
•   Some building models had glitchy triangles
•   Fixed several minor UI issues
•   Newcomer families could have children with negative age showing as newborn for years

To update your game you can just download it again from Humble with the same link they sent you when you purchased the game and then replace it completely with your current version. Your saves and options will stay.

If you have errors regarding “MSVCP140.dll” you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Here’s the direct link for 32-bit version: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x86.exe and here for 64-bit: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2019, 12:50:44 AM »
Alpha 2 patch 3
July 16, 2019

The last update was a bit of a mess so this one brings it all to order along with adding a couple of new things:

Added:
•   Can now mark a cow or a pig as “protected” so it won’t be taken for slaughter automatically
•   Added 4 new music tracks
•   Added a sound notification when messenger arrives

Fixed:
•   Pigs and chicks still died without wheat even if other food available
•   Severe visual problems when choosing lower texture settings
•   Builders had serious problems building houses
•   Could not set supply options in farms

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 11:57:52 PM »
Ostriv now has a Steam page ready for wishlisting

https://store.steampowered.com/app/773790/Ostriv/

Just to remind: if you already purchased the game, you won't need to buy it on Steam. You'll get your key when it's released in Early Access

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 10:52:22 AM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

OSTRIV: Anyone else playing this at the moment?

Started by Didz

Replies: 5
    Views: 3327
    Last post June 01, 2018, 06:58:14 PM
    by Asid