Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Wednesday 18.04.18 at 20.00 GMT  (Read 4056 times)

Offline General Sandman

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 18/04/18 at 20:00 GMT

Immersive, friendly session.

Played with full fog of war.

**                    Notes                      **
SOW Version: Waterloo 1.01
Largest command: Corps
Smallest command: Brigade
Mission Duration: 150 - 240 minutes; 180 min regulary
Minimum number players: 2
Date: Wednesday 18/04/18
Time: 20:00 GMT
Time (local): Click here
Teamspeak  IP: 104.153.105.2:35200  Please wait in lobby for access to other areas.
Room: Scourge Of War

Extra Notes:
•   TIME LIMIT: 00.30 a.m. GMT at the following day, if no different agreement has been made by the participants.
•   The room will be open at 19:30 GMT for preparation & mission setup
•   House rules: Click here
•   HITS system
•   Courier orders
•   Bare map. Full F.O.W.
•   No voice during game. (comms by courier only)

Mods required:
•   DOW Community Toolbar V8: This will be provided.
•   If an updated mod is required you will be sent a link via pm

Player Skill/Ability:
•   Must be proficient Using HITS
•   Have a good understanding of UI

You must apply in advance. For this rule is set for good reasons, not having signed up until 19.50 GMT latest, means you wont play. If you signed up, but cannot make it or arent sure you can make it in time, post it here! When signing up, you declare that you most probably will be able to participate and that you are ready to play at 20.00 GMT latest. If you re not sure that this applies, dont sign up. You still can inform, that you might come, but in any case, confirm until the given deadline.

20.00 GMT is the starting time for the MP game to be launched! It is NOT the time when we begin to meet pre battle. Make sure you appear 10 or at least 5 minutes before 20.00 GMT. Joining the host after, but before 20.00 GMT latest is only tolerated. Keep in mind, that not letting wait your comrades is simply a matter of respect!

Commanders and leaders:

- General Colbert
- General Sandman
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:45:11 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
Re: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Wednesday 18.04.18 at 20.00 GMT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:53:44 AM »
  I noticed that the appointment is for 20.00 has been anticipated yet an hour, I think, it is early as a time, perhaps, something could still not be home. the appointment at 21.00 was already problematic to be there all. Remember also the diversity of time zones   ready to go  :dwarf
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:17:23 AM by Colbert »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »
Ciao colbert. 20 GMT sono le 22 in Italia.  ;D

L'errore era nei post precedenti dove le 21 sarebbero state le 23 qui.

I can't play this evening and probably also Friday will be difficult for me.

Have fun  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »
  I noticed that the appointment is for 20.00 has been anticipated yet an hour, I think, it is early as a time, perhaps, something could still not be home. the appointment at 21.00 was already problematic to be there all. Remember also the diversity of time zones   ready to go  :dwarf

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
I can play.  :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 08:28:14 PM »

:D :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :dwarf
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »
Yesterday we had a nice 1 vs. 1 battle. General Sandman, commanding the french Corps Vandamme, competed General Colbert who was in charge of the allied Corps of Rowland Hill. Sandman joined at 19.30 GMT, Colbert was already present. The players didnt expect any more participant and therefore started the battle at 19.45. The battle lasted 3 hours game-time and was already finished at 11.00 GMT. Perfect timing!  :thumbsup

The 2 sides were fighting for an Objective located in the west of the area. General Colbert arrived pretty much closer of the location and was able to occupy the Objective.

After about 40 minutes of approaching General Sandman deployed his Corps SE of the target on a lift. Meanwhile the battieries of both factions succesively started their bombardments on the enemy.

After the deployment was completed, General Sandman started an engagement with Haberts Inf Divsion from SSE, followed by a supporting action by Berthenzene´s Division coming from ESE also being supported by 1 Cav brigade. In the 1st stage of the attack the french could hit the allied right wing threatening the Obj. After a while General Colbert activated an unexpected large force of cavalry conducting a devasting counterattack. The skillfully performed micromangaging of a combined armed forces parade stroke back the french attempt taking away any opportunity for any further initiative. The Obj. became neutral only for some smaller periods.  :Shocked_2

The remaining french forces redeployed at their initial position and were now persistently attacked themselves by the Allies and finally could only hold the ground because of strong Arty battery positions uphill, but had to suffer more heavy losses, until the allies fell back due exhaustion.

The Allies were able to maneuvre a sufficiant number of Cav squadrons over the whole battle-time, while the cowards of Domon´s Division really sucked.  :deadhorse
We must admit that the standing of the french Cav was very hard, cos their strengh of 1017 was outnumbered by 2796 allied horseman. But still they fled too soon and didnt give their best. The french had about 1 battery and 2 bataillons of Inf more than the allies, which couldnt compensate the Cav´s deficit.

Note:
When setting up the battle I accidently oversaw that General Colbert had 2 Cav divisions. I thought the other formation was Inf. I never would intentionally equip such a strong commander like General Colbert with that bigger numbers of mobile forces.  :Wag finger

Congratulazioni, signor generale!  :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »
the battle, was very hard fought between the two bodies, it highlights the many losses suffered by both parties. I immediately reached the target and I mesos a brigade to garrison it, at the beginning, I had positioned gl uonini with south face. I moved them over the lens to the south fearing that the French would come from the north, so I would have them behind. When I saw my guns firing north-east, I understood the direction of the attack and I changed front. Comand the cavalry, I kept them in reserve not far away. When General Sandman's intentions were clear, I retouched my right wing. After a long fight, having stabilized my right hand, instead of attacking the gullet I had in front of me, I turned the troops to the left taking the French side. Difatti, on my left, I saw from a distance that the French held that position strong. After, a stalemate had been created, then I ordered the general retreat to reorganize my troops, creating a new front line more to the west. Wellington said that all the facts are known of a battle, but we do not know their chronological order. I still have a lot of cavalry, as a general in the field, I have personally ordered many infantry and joint cavalry charges. given a good result. Very interesting and very interesting battle. It has been seen that you can safely play 1v1. :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :dwarf
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Tags:

SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 05/10/18 at 20:00 GMT

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 0
    Views: 2115