Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: The Expanse. TV Series  (Read 9032 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
The Expanse. TV Series
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:23:12 PM »
The Expanse Season 3 has just started.

This is a great sci-fi series. It is very believable with a complex plot.

If you enjoy Sci-Fi then you owe it to yourself to check it out.  :thumbsup

The Expanse is an American science fiction television series on Syfy, developed by Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, based on the series of novels by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (writing under the pseudonym James S. A. Corey). Set in a future where humanity has colonized the Solar System, it follows United Nations executive Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo), police detective Josephus Miller (Thomas Jane), and ship's officer Jim Holden (Steven Strait) and his crew as they unravel a conspiracy that threatens peace in the system and the survival of humanity. It also deals with the fractious relationship between Earth, Mars and the Outer Planets Alliance (OPA). The OPA is an organization that fights for the interests of inhabitants of the (Asteroid) Belt between Mars and Jupiter. Unrecognized as a governing body, the OPA is often accused of outlaw tactics and terrorism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: The Expanse. TV Series
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »
The Expanse Season 4 - Official Teaser | Prime Video

The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds. Behold what awaits the pioneers of Ilus. Full Season Coming December 13, 2019.

» The Expanse returns 12/13.
Watch the current season with Prime: http://bit.ly/TheExpansePrimeVideo

About The Expanse:
The disappearance of rich-girl-turned-political-activist Julie Mao links the lives of Ceres detective Joe Miller (Thomas Jane), accidental ship captain James Holden (Steven Strait) and U.N. politician Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo). Amidst political tension between Earth, Mars and the Belt, they unravel the single greatest conspiracy of all time.

About The Expanse Seasons 2:
In this noir thriller set two hundred years in the future, the case of a missing young woman leads a washed-up detective across the solar system to uncover the greatest conspiracy in human history.

About The Expanse Seasons 3:
As the Rocinante crew digs deeper into the search for Prax's missing daughter, the war between Earth and Mars turns deadly in ways the solar system has never seen. But a new threat in the outer reaches of the Belt could prove much more dangerous, threatening to test the very future of humanity.

About The Expanse Seasons 4:
Season 4 of The Expanse, its first as a global Amazon Original, begins a new chapter for the series with the crew of the Rocinante on a mission from the U.N. to explore new worlds beyond the Ring Gate. Humanity has been given access to thousands of Earth-like planets which has created a land rush and furthered tensions between the opposing nations of Earth, Mars and the Belt. Ilus is the first of these planets, one rich with natural resources but also marked by the ruins of a long dead alien civilization. While Earthers, Martians and Belters maneuver to colonize Ilus and its natural resources, these early explorers don’t understand this new world and are unaware of the larger dangers that await them.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »
The Expanse – Season 5 coming December 16th 2020!
Oct 8, 2020

The Expanse – Season 5 Official Trailer

The future of The Belt has begun as Marco Inaros wages Armageddon against the Inners for a lifetime of oppression and injustice.

» Watch the new season of The Expanse now exclusively with your Prime Membership: http://bit.ly/TheExpanseAPV

About The Expanse:
The disappearance of rich-girl-turned-political-activist Julie Mao links the lives of Ceres detective Joe Miller (Thomas Jane), accidental ship captain James Holden (Steven Strait) and U.N. politician Chrisjen Avasarala (Shohreh Aghdashloo). Amidst political tension between Earth, Mars and the Belt, they unravel the single greatest conspiracy of all time.

About The Expanse Seasons 2:
In this noir thriller set two hundred years in the future, the case of a missing young woman leads a washed-up detective across the solar system to uncover the greatest conspiracy in human history.

About The Expanse Seasons 3:
As the Rocinante crew digs deeper into the search for Prax's missing daughter, the war between Earth and Mars turns deadly in ways the solar system has never seen. But a new threat in the outer reaches of the Belt could prove much more dangerous, threatening to test the very future of humanity.

About The Expanse Seasons 4:
Season 4 of The Expanse, its first as a global Amazon Original, begins a new chapter for the series with the crew of the Rocinante on a mission from the U.N. to explore new worlds beyond the Ring Gate. Humanity has been given access to thousands of Earth-like planets which has created a land rush and furthered tensions between the opposing nations of Earth, Mars and the Belt. Ilus is the first of these planets, one rich with natural resources but also marked by the ruins of a long dead alien civilization. While Earthers, Martians and Belters maneuver to colonize Ilus and its natural resources, these early explorers don’t understand this new world and are unaware of the larger dangers that await them.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 03:07:33 AM »
Season 5 premiere of The Expanse, which includes the first three episodes: "Exodus," "Churn," and "Mother." Has just aired....

I am watching it now  :notworthy

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 11:59:11 PM »
I’ve been watching this as well.  It’s pretty good.  Also going through the novels on audible as there’s a ton of more detail in the books that don’t make it to motion picture.

I kinda ignored it until Star Citizen fans raved about how similar they are and some of the series writers play star citizen.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 03:50:25 AM »
It is a great show and provides a window into a believable future. The sociology, Mars, Earth and Belters is fascinating. It also relies on physics, flight, affect on people, etc.

:thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 06:05:03 PM »
I just started watching this last week. Already on season 2. I just hope this biological new species first contact thing doesn't go out of control, and it becomes really weird, and wrecks the series. I would really enjoy more space combat along the lines of deep space nine, some of the Star trek series, or Battlestar Galactica.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Miltary Theme Park

Started by Rinix

Replies: 0
    Views: 2754