Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Lacuna Passage  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Lacuna Passage
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 12:07:25 AM »
UI Update Beta
Lacuna Passage - xOR10Nx

I was intending for this update to go live to everyone before Christmas, but I ran into some last minute bugs that I didn't have time to fix before I travel. Instead of leaving you all empty handed during the holidays, I figured I would put it out on the public beta branch. To enable it, right click on the game in your library and select Properties. Then go to the Betas tab and select the public beta.

This is the preview for 0.65. It contains probably the most requested feature since the game launched. Mouse controls for the datapad. There are two ways to use the mouse controls. First, you can just hold down the datapad key (E by default) and the UI will switch to fullscreen with mouse input enabled as long as you have the datapad key held down. It will close the datapad when you release the key. The second way is to open the datapad normally by just tapping the datapad button instead of holding it. This will bring up the datapad like you are used to and then you can press R to switch between keyboard controls and mouse controls.

Now, the reason this is only a beta and not a general release is because there are still some control conflicts. Sometimes you won't be able to move after closing the datapad or it may get stuck between mouse or keyboard inputs. As far as I can tell these issues can usually be resolved by cycling the datapad button or the escape key, or a combination of the two. Obviously I will be working to resolve these issues before general release, but I wanted players to be able to mess around with the new controls over the holidays.

This seemingly small update took a very long time to implement. The entire game's UI was built specifically for keyboard exclusive input and so every UI screen had to be partially rebuilt on the back-end to enable mouse input. Yes, I probably should have worked on it this way from the beginning, but eventually the conflicts will be worked out and you can control the game in almost any way you wish when combined with the already existing key remapping and controller support.

There are a few other small fixes in this update that I will outline in a full changelog after the general release. Please let me know what you think!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags: