Forum > Games Discussion

Desert War 1940-1942 - The Ram Stands at Bir el Gubi: By JC

(1/1)

Asid:

Tuesday, March 20, 2018
By: JC
Desert War 1940-1942 - The Ram Stands at Bir el Gubi

In my preview of the upcoming war game Desert War 1940-1942, I introduced you to its basic design and interface. The scenario itself is quite enjoyable and I felt like it deserved some closure. This blog post is the AAR of the battle from where I left it at the video.

The enemy British division (computer opponent, brown counters) is apparently attacking from the south and the northeast. My battle plan for the rest of the scenario is sketched in the image above. Please note that the maneuver/tactical mission graphics are not included in the game.

The center of the map is Bir el Gubi, which off course needs to be defended/retained. Southwest of Bir el Gubi, a couple of recce and armored units are to try a screen mission or just to warn us against any enemy attempt of double envelopment. The 32 Armored Regiment, despite its limited combat power, is to assume an offensive posture to disrupt the ENY's northwest axis of attack.

The ENY tries its best south of Bir el Gubi. Their uninterrupted air support and our lack of success to counter them with our own air units is disconcerting. In the south west, our motorcycle platoon has met some unwanted engagements.

Players are strongly advised to watch their lines of command. In this screenshot, the command radius of the 32 Armored Regiment is highlighted in green (full command) and yellow (extended command).

I'm not sure if I shared a battle report screen with you. From this screen, you find out combat losses and all the assets available for that particular battle.

Cheers,

JC

Read on: Click Here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version