Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 23/02/18  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 23/02/18
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »

What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 23/02/18    :gamer

Scourge of War: Waterloo:  THE most immersive game of its kind. It also has the best fog-of-war representation. The DOW group is the friendlies group out there. Win or lose, it is always a great experience.  :bonaparte  :thumbsup

Dow Air (have a look)   Shared-Cockpit with my friends...Flying in the UK  :pilotfly

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2: One of my buddies just got this after I told him about it so hopefully   :scared1  :cry2  :SOS   

HistWar Napoleon: Very deep Napoleonic wargame  :bonaparte

Hopefully some
Steel Beasts Pro: With DOW  :tank
Life Is Feudal MMO:  :fire
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare:   :soldier-with-gun

RC helicopter flying:. No RC this week. So no maintenance  :helicopter

What about you? Surely I am not the only one playing?   :Tumbleweed
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline SystemInShock

Re: What's your gaming pleasure this weekend? 23/02/18
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
I'm actually not sure what I'm going to play this weekend.  I've really been looking at Steel Beasts Pro and trying to decide if I want to spend that much money.  I also see something called "DOW" you mention, but I can't find any information on what that adds to the game.

So I guess I'm hijacking this thread and asking if Steel Beasts is worth the price and what is DOW?

Thanks!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
When in Danger, When in Doubt; run in circles, scream and shout.

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:53 PM »
I'm actually not sure what I'm going to play this weekend.  I've really been looking at Steel Beasts Pro and trying to decide if I want to spend that much money.  I also see something called "DOW" you mention, but I can't find any information on what that adds to the game.

So I guess I'm hijacking this thread and asking if Steel Beasts is worth the price and what is DOW?

Thanks!
DOW = Dogs of War

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26:51 PM »

Thanks!
DOW is the name of our virtual unit. Steel Beasts is definitely worth the price to me, though as I've written, the pricing is surrounded by irrationality. Steel Beasts does have the option for time-limited licenses, so you can pay $9.50 for a 1 month license and see if it's something you want to play: http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 04:19:02 AM »
SteelBeasts is worth its weight in gold. Buy SB Pro PE. Add time in the in-game tutorials - practice the different aspects of tanking. Add a dash of friendship from the DOWVU community. Sprinkle time spent in online play at DOWVU. Learn the basics of the SB map and mission planning. Allow to simmer. Result? A wonderful experience and a gaming lifestyle unlike any other. Especially if you love modern tank warfare.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline budd

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »
I'll be doing the usual PBEM thing, not sure what else been kind of in a gaming slump besides my pbem. There is some early spring cleaning on the docket, took a load to goodwill last weekend and probably another this weekend.

My pbem games:

SCWW1- Only 4 turns left in the Russian civil war scenario. I've been getting kicked around as the Bolsheviks for most of the game, retreating on interior lines. The good news is Moscow and Petrograd haven't really been threatened but Poland is making there play with the Whites so we'll see.

SCWW2- Russia DOW on Germany in May 41 really threw my opponent off his schedule. It's August 42 and were trading body blows in the east, he wont get Moscow or Leningrad. I've slowly getting control of the Atlantic with RN, one sub kia at a time. The Med is pretty much under control with the Italians pretty much keeping their ships in port. I've started to push in NA against the DAK, slowly, not sure if i'll bring the Americans to NA, might go straight to the continent. Been getting the American war machine cranked up, thought about landing in Spain, but been putting diplomatic pressure[chits] on Spain and they've swung our way so the only way to land would be DOW on Spain. With me attriting his forces in the east and NA he hasn't been able to do much research or diplomatic stuff as he has to keep reinforcing in the east and NA.

SCGC- just started this one, with me as the Allies only one turn in. Poland will fall of course and the Japanese are pushing in China, not much else yet.

CMRT- Just started a new CM Red Thunder medium sized meeting engagement scenario. It's at dusk so the LOS is restricted, map is farmland with some trees. With the point buy scenarios you just never know what someone will bring to the party. 3 turns in, no contact.

Concealed Intent- Finished 2 MP games, not sure if we'll continue there some limiting factors in this game. You can't view the last turn replay.....its not in the game currently, so sometimes you just don't get to see the ending outcome but just a message whether you won or lost. Another thing is...well its only one ship vs one ship, all you get to pick is ship type and map type for MP, and there no full game video replay like other games that have the same mechanics.....Frozen synapse comes to mind. Its got some interesting mechanics and potential but its a one man show and the patch is long over due. The dev did respond to my post and maybe April to patch in the last turn replay and full game replays just depends on his work schedule.....hey we all got to make a living. The SP side looks well done so ill give that a spin but the MP is lacking.

have a good weekend everyone and good gaming.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Attila

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Prepar3D

Elite Dangerous

the whole weekend :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 09:34:41 PM »
Prepar3D

You should try !Shared-Cockpit" in P3D. Very immersive  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 03:19:48 AM »
So I took the plunge and bought a month of Steel Beasts Pro PE.  I also see that the newest version is buggy, but I can't find where to download the previous version.  Anyone know or have it on a cloud drive?

Thank you!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »
Hi SystemInShock

Please check your pm
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SystemInShock

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 07:42:45 PM »
Hi SystemInShock

Please check your pm

Thank you, sir.  You are awesome.  I'm all set and having a blast in the tutorials!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 09:57:42 PM »

Thank you, sir.  You are awesome.  I'm all set and having a blast in the tutorials!

Frankie tried to send it to you. I helped him. So the thanks go to Frankie  :thumbsup

Let us know if you need any assistance.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

The Fountain War - A History of Gaming's Biggest War

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 4254
    Last post December 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
    by Asid
    Command Ops 2 - The Sharp End Gaming Blog's Alt Scenario for Red Devils: By JC

Started by Asid

Views: 3822
    Last post January 08, 2018, 04:08:20 PM
    by Asid
    Zombies Throughout Gaming History

Started by Asid

Replies: 1
    Views: 3104
    Last post March 16, 2017, 07:52:53 PM
    by budd
    For Honor: Free Weekend

Started by Asid

Views: 2605
    Last post August 09, 2017, 03:28:35 PM
    by Asid
    Disable Xbox Game DVR on Windows 10 (Gaming Input Lag Issues)

Started by Asid

Views: 4823
    Last post September 14, 2016, 01:34:38 AM
    by Asid