Forum > FSX/P3D/X-Plane

Flight Sim Labs Caught Deliberately Distributing Malware

(1/4) > >>

Rinix:
https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/264411-flight-sim-labs-caught-deliberately-distributing-malware-gaming-mods
This is just awful. >:(

Asid:
I read about it a day or 2 ago.

I think it is SHOCKING what the developer has done!

Thanks for bringing it to others attention Rinix  :thumbsup

Asid:
The developer admitted including the malware.

Avsim, one of, if not the largest flightsim sites has removed all posts about the subject........ :bullshit

Lusik:

--- Quote from: Asid on February 23, 2018, 01:14:50 AM ---The developer admitted including the malware.

Avsim, one of, if not the largest flightsim sites has removed all posts about the subject........ :bullshit

--- End quote ---

They are not the only portal which wrote about it so this kind of censorship is futile. Flight sim community, particularly its part buying expensive add-ons, is small compared to other, more popular genres, so hopefully quite a few people managed to hear about it. I read about it in another source even before Rinix posted this message. Thanks for sharing it by the was.

Beef:
I have stated before that I refuse to pay $140 for an add-on and that FSL would suffer from piracy. I suppose FSL knew this as well and intentionally put malicious code into their software in anticipation of widespread piracy of their overpriced addon. Two "wrongs" do not make a "right". Shocking, and criminal in my view. I think the US Federal Trade Commission and DOJ should investigate.

Also, I'm not surprised AVSIM has removed the posts; that site is all about protecting the developers (i.e., PMDG) and not the consumers. I rarely got to AVSIM anymore, and as of now will not be going there at all.

-Beef

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version