Translations for our friends around the world.

New URL: www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Click image to go to main site  www.Schwerpunkt.Games

Author Topic: Getting back to the Game  (Read 6401 times)

Offline jcrohio

Getting back to the Game
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:29:32 PM »
Recently getting back into WWII in Europe and have a couple of observations/questions.

Started with the "Denmark" "Repulsed at Rostov" and "Approach to Leningrad".

1. Denmark - there is a Danish HQ stuck in the middle of the ocean southeast of Denmark.

2. Approach to Leningrad - Russian land unit showed up southwest of Leningrad that cannot be attacked but does exist as it disrupts supply - also a German
reinforcement came on board south of the main playing area and cannot be moved - there were mechanized reinforcements there that could be moved - if
I can figure out how will enclose a save

3. Is any one experiencing problesm with Combat Phase moves? Most of the time they are fine but when units are stacked I sometimes run into situations where I
cannot move either unit. I know the restrictions on using Combat moves and also that the top unit must be chosen (Tab key if necessary) so these are not the
issues. Randomly there are times when I cannot perform this operation.

Thanks for any help
Jack
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:57:06 PM by jcrohio »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Getting back to the Game
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
Hi Jcrohio

:Welcome to the forum

I am sure that the developer, Ron, will be along to answer.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt Games Developer
    • Schwerpunkt
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 04:52:08 AM »
Hello Jack,

Which version are you using? v1.0.10 is the most recent.

1. On the Denmark scenario, can you give me a hex coordinate?  On my system, there is no HQ unit in the water.
2. Need more information. Hex Coordinate? Unit type and ID?
3. I have not noticed any problems with Combat Moves.  It sounds like you have ruled out the obvious answers.

A saved file via email attachement would help me recreate the problems better.  Screenshots are sometime useful, but not as good as file saves.  Just use the Windows menu, File Save As.  WWII-Europe is a typical Windows application.

Thanks for your comments,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jcrohio

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I am using version 1.10.

1. Denmark hex is 192,148 - Danish Naval HQ sitting in ocean

2. Original post included a save - figured out how to do it - if you need more let me know

3. Combat moves not working is very random. Almost want to say it may only be with units that advanced after combat but that is only a guess.

If I come across a map hex that seems wrong do you want it reported? Hex 267,117 has a rail image on it but if you Control Mouse over the hex Railroad is not selected.

Thanks!!
Jack
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »
Hello Jack,

Thanks for the follow-up comments.  That helped.

1. Found the Denmark Naval HQ and fixed.  Should have been at Copenhagen.  Fix will be available as part of v1.0.11 at Christmas.
2. Will take a look at the file.
3. I can't seem to recreate a problem with Combat Moves being denied.  A one hex move after combat does prevent a Combat Move.  It is assumed that unit is busy mopping up, and cannot proceed with Combat Moves.  Move no attack, move to exploit, Strategic RR move and One Hex moves all prevent Combat Move.  I think you mentioned them already, but listing what is in the rules/Help file for all.

Thanks again,
Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline jcrohio

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 12:25:02 AM »
Ron

Thanks for taking a look.

1. Combat Moves seemed so hit or miss as to when it would happen. Played a lot today and two things. First no instances of not being able to Combat Move! Second you can Combat Move after you advance your unit into a hex after forcing a retreat or eliminating a unit.

2. Ran into a what I think is a bug in the Crete scenario. Captured Heraklion in Crete. Left a unit there to control it for next turn. On the following turn the  in Heraklion was in supply due to an air supply. Reinforced the hex with a unit using air transport. The newly arriving unit was marked as moved as expected. The original unit was also marked as moved which was not expected. Saved and tried numerous times both air and naval transport. Naval transport was hit or miss. Sometimes it marked the unit moved others not. Air transport always marked the unit moved. Enclose a save game at the Axis deploy phase. If a unit is either air or naval transported to Heraklion the paratroop unit in Heraklion will be marked as moved.

3. In an earlier post I mentioned hex 267,117 as not being marked as a railroad hex when maybe it should have. I don't know if you had a chance to look at it but if you did was I correct? I think I have seen some other hexes like this if you are interested.

Thanks

Jack
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline schwerpt

• Schwerpunkt
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 03:46:08 AM »
Always looking for any comments on the terrain array.  Will take a look at the Crete scenario at first opportunity.

FYI:  I did get the "last Report" display completed and tested for v1.0.11.

Ron
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

WWIIE Game sequence

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3993