Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare  (Read 50962 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare
« on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »

A new type of first-person shooter combined with strategy game and RPG elements. Raise money, build an army, manage towns, wage wars and conquer the world with fine marksmanship and elaborate strategies.

Official Website: Here
Steam: Here
Official forum: Here
YouTube Channel: Here

Single-player

Steam trailer

About

Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare is set in a chaos filled world occupied by battling factions, bandits and warlords who seek to rule the world.

The game is about your career as a faction leader: Start with minimal assets, you need to make money, build an army, wage wars against other factions and eliminate your rival forces with thoughtful strategies and fine marksmanship and eventually conquer the world. The game provides a completely different shooter experience which strikes a balance between intense first-person action and general strategy.

The game's innovative combat system blends tactical FPS with real-time strategy, allowing you to command an army, plan for tactics in the God view, while immersing in the intense firefight as a foot soldier, in the first person perspective.

Features:

•   FPS meets Sandbox Strategy Game
Start your career with almost nothing, you must make money, recruit soldiers, loot villages, fight bandits, attack territories and dominate the world. The game is a combination of challenging action and a wider strategic theater.

•   Shooter and Real-Time Strategy
Experience the unique combat system which blends real-time strategy with tactical first-person shooter. You are expected to strategically plan the movements and tactics of multiple squads in addition to having to be an eagle-eyed sharpshooter and possessing catlike reactions.

•   Realistic Combat Simulation
The game is about realism. Killing 100 enemies with only a pistol is not possible. You will be challenged by highly intelligent AI that is capable of advanced tactical maneuvers such as flanking, surrounding and even fake retreating, almost like what you would experience in real combat. Only carefully planned tactics, equipment and cooperation between squads can bring you victory. Are you up to the challenge?

•   High Re-playability
The random nature of starting points, enemy AI and objectives will make every battle feel different and challenging. There is no linear gameplay: You have the freedom to decide how to progress in the game, who to fight, what equipment and squads to use and how to dominate the world.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
Freeman Guerrilla Warfare game intro

Freeman Guerrilla Warfare Gameplay#1 Siege

Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare trailer

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:38:29 PM »
This Early Access FPS mixes Mount Blade with modern combat, plus a bit of RTS
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare

I know Mount & Blade fans are eagerly awaiting the arrival (and even the announcement of the date of the arrival) of Bannerlord, and probably entertaining thoughts of Kingdom Come: Deliverance in the meantime. But for another quick fix, you may want to keep your eye on Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare, now in Early Access on Steam. While it's a modern combat game with guns and grenades instead of horses and swords, it's still extremely Mount & Bladey. It's, like, waaaaay Mount & Bladey.

Having played a lot of M&B myself, Freeman feels immediately familiar. When I begin playing, the simple world map shows towns and roads, and I wander around represented by a single soldier with a little number next to me displaying the size of my hired forces (currently 10, made up of two squads). Other factions, plus groups of bandits and looters, stroll around the map too, though not entirely in real time: when I stop moving, they stop as well. As in M&B, you can visit towns to trade, recruit, rest (in this case, by visiting a hospital to heal), or to attempt a hostile takeover.

I start by allocating my starting skill points into abilities like leadership, accuracy, weapon expertise, and first aid (this is the RPG part of the game). A quick scan of the map shows no bandit gangs that look small enough for me to tackle with my small band of fighters, so I avoid conflict while shuffling back and forth between towns, having found a merchant that will overpay for tea and another that will pay a lot for 'garbage.'

I don't know why this merchant wants garbage so badly that he'll pay extra for it (or even pay anything for it, since it's garbage), but I buy some garbage for cheap and sell it for a profit. Yes, my adventure is off to a stirring and heroic start.

Eventually I've made enough money selling trash to hire a third squad, so with 15 mercs now following me I go out looking for trouble. Getting into combat is similar to M&B, too: just walk up to another force and tell them you're going to kill them. It even has that same semi-weird element from Mount & Blade, where you apparently have a face-to-face conversation with an enemy, and once you've both agreed to kill each other on the overworld map you are suddenly miles apart on the combat map.

When it comes to the first-person combat, for me at least, Freeman immediately turns into a game of PUBG.

In Freeman's combat, you've got a bit of real-time strategy, too. You begin by deploying your squads on a 2D version of the map, and at any point during the first-person combat you can visit this map to direct your squads in real time. It's done very simply, by selecting a squad and setting up a waypoint by double clicking a spot on the map. You can easily drag waypoints around, add additional ones, and quickly remove them if your plans have changed. When you close the map you're running around in first-person mode again. You can issue orders to follow, proceed with caution, charge, and retreat as well.

When it comes to the first-person combat, for me at least, Freeman immediately turns into a game of PUBG. People with better weapons than I have are shooting at me from way across the map and I can barely see them. Luckily, my own squads have the same sharp AI vision and I can just sort of look where they're aiming until I spot the enemy. The game is also very good at helping you know where your shots are going with little dirt-puffs visible even from quite a long distance. My main issue currently is I don't have a scoped weapon, and they're very expensive in the shops. I will have to haul so much garbage before I can afford one.

I manage to win a couple of early battles against bandit gangs that are about my size. When the battle is over, I collect a random smattering of loot—food, linen, grenades, ammo, and other odds and ends that can be collected and sold—though unfortunately no guns. I hire yet another small group of mercs, bringing my squad count up to four, though I only have enough skill points to command three squads at a time. They can come with me, but can't actually do any fighting until I level myself up or one of my other squads gets wiped out.

We keep winning our battles, though I'm not really doing much to help besides directing traffic, and each fight costs me a few men (they can be replaced with money) and I need to heal (more money) and buy more ammo and food (money). As a result, I'm just kind of treading water when it comes to proving myself a capable warlord. There don't seem to be proper missions in the game yet: the goal is to capture and hold ten towns, but each time I run into a friendly faction and ask them for some task to do, they just sort of shrug. I will keep selling garbage and spending my trashbucks on more men, then.

Eventually, the thing that always happens to me in M&B happens to me in Freeman: I get overtaken by a massively tough patrol on the overland map, I don't have enough cash to bribe them to leave me alone, and in combat all my men get brutally slaughtered. I escape—even if you're shot down in combat, you never really die—but I have no money, no recruits, and little recourse but to start at the bottom rung of the warlord ladder again, meekly buying and selling garbage and tea.

Freeman, according to its Steam page, will spend most of the year in Early Access. I'm having a good time with it, though without missions it feels barebones and without smaller groups of bandits to feed on in the early game the odds are stacked against the player. The fact that it mimics Mount & Blade in so many respects is a big plus for me personally, though honestly after playing Freeman, the thing I want to do more than anything at the moment is go play Mount & Blade again instead.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
Version 0.110 Uploaded
Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare - KK Game Studio

Patch Notes
1. Basic weapon customization(Attach scopes. More options will come in future updates)
2. Loot more guns
3. Rebind key of squad selection
4. Default key of quick save and quick load are changed to F9 and F12 to avoid conflict with default squad selection keys.
5. Reduced the auto combat casualties.
6. Bound map scrolling keys to the character movement keys.
7. Uman bandits grenades instant kill bug fixed.

Got slaughtered by Uman terrorists' grenade bombardment? It is time to put on the optics and revenge! For the next few updates, we will work on bug fixing, balancing, ability to hire/capture other faction's unit and maybe simple missions.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »
Patch v0.111 Uploaded

Change Notes:
1. Bug Fix: Gun jam
2. Bug Fix: City menu pop up during the combat and can’t be closed
3. Bug Fix: Inventory text overlapping
4. Bug Fix: Keybinding menu can’t scroll down
5. Bug Fix: RPG won’t explode
6. Bug Fix: Empty hand when reloading RPG
7. Bug Fix: Cannot enter Gorinka
8. Bug Fix: Fall through terrain when leaving the battlefield
9. Bug Fix: Offset Scopes(AR41)
10. Difficulty slider will also influence damage taken by friendly units
11. Fire Mode indicator

Some of the suggestions/bug reports may be missed because we are still improving our bug reporting workflow. If you got any serious problem with the game(Crash, unable to start, etc) and need immediate assistance please join our discord and contact our moderators or staff.
https://discord.gg/playfreeman

Have a good day!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
Version 0.112 Uploaded

Change Notes
1. You can now take prisoners from a battle and try to convince them to join your side.
2. You can hire faction troops in towns.
3. Added Vsync options in the settings window.
4. Added silencers.
5. Better ACOG scope.
6. Reduced footstep sound
7. Bug Fix: Retreating enemies sit on the ground bug

The next update is probably going to be a bug fixing patch. Thanks for your support!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 08:36:21 PM »
Update V0.120 Day/Night Cycle and Weather System
16 FEBRUARY   - KK GAME STUDIO

Hi everyone,

Freeman is now updated with a day/night cycle and weather system. Immersion is significantly increased when you can see the sunrise, sunset and the night sky full of stars in the game. And combat feels much different when they are fought in the different time of day. There are many weather types you can expect for example foggy, cloudy, sunny, thunderstorm and etc. Don't forget to put on a night vision goggle when you enter a combat. And also make sure to deploy squads equipped with night vision equipment in order to perform better in night operations. Usually, only the higher tier squads have night vision goggles. We will also add time-related Events in the future updates, such as more bandits activities at night...Have fun!

This version is compatible with your previous save so you should be able to load with no problem. But if you run into any troubles when loading the game please let us know.

Change Notes:
1. Day/Night Cycle
2. Weather System
3. Increased the size of the deployment zone during town defense
4. Night Vision
5. Squad night vision device
6. Moved default key of Quick Load to F11
7. Increased food consumption
8. Enemy army leftovers will disappear from the world map
9. Better prisoner system. You need to increase the compliance points of the prisoners. The more compliance points the easier to persuade them to join.
10. Basic environment ambient SFX
11. Bug Fix: Can fast forward in menu
12. Bug Fix: Sniper scope and RPG scope black
13. Bug Fix: Can’t upgrade to Pozna sniper team
14. Bug Fix: Enemy units freezes when running away.
15. Bug Fix: Captured squads move by themselves
16. Bug Fix: Flag of the city flying in the sky

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:36 PM »
Patch V0.121
20 FEBRUARY   - KK GAME STUDIO

Hi everyone! We have fixed a couple of bugs in this patch and added more detail to the skirmish map(Some buildings, terrain details, roads...). We also added localization to the system. So far only English and Chinese are available but we will add more languages in the future. The next update we will probably add simple side mission system as well as regular bug fixes. For people who require resolution options which the game currently doesn't support, we will do more research on it and get the appropriate monitor for testing.

A few features we may include in the upcoming updates:
-Side Missions
-Companions
-Strategic commands(Off-map artillery support, etc)

We have tested the ability to load games from previous versions and encountered no issues, so it should be safe to continue your previous game. But just in case, please back up your saved files located in C:/Users/User Name/AppData/LocalLow/KK Game Studio/Freeman_Guerrilla Warfare. Back up all the .txt files located in that folder.

Patch Notes:
-Bug Fix:Shaky Scopes
-Bug Fix:Fixed most of the inaccurate weapons(scopes and iron sights)
-Bug Fix:Night Vision Goggles resets armor
-Bug Fix:NVG automatically turns on/off
-Bug Fix:Garrison menu can't be scrolled down when you have a lot of garrisons.
-Bug Fix:Pop up window after exiting the combat and cannot be closed.
-Bug Fix:You can command your squads even after you died bug.
-Bug Fix:Cannot deploy squads(not responding)
-Bug Fix:Soldiers flying, not moving or daydreaming.
-Directional/Spatial sound added.
-Adjustable environmental SFX(rain, thunder...)
-More details on the skirmish maps
-Cancelled the red zone and instead used red arrow markers to suggest the approximate direction of the enemies.
-Skirmish AI improved(Better sound detection, call reinforcement)
-Time flows slower on the world map
-Localization option(the Chinese language added)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 10:53:11 PM »
Patch V0.122 And the big upcoming update.

Hi everyone, this is a quick patch to fix a few things and added a few features.

Patch Notes:
-Minor changes on the skirmish map(removed some structures)
-Resumed the red dot enemy marker.
-Fixed the shaky shadows. (Separated the main camera and the weapon camera to allow accurate rendering)
-Guns no longer poke through the walls or the ground.
-Added Binocular.
-Added Flashlight attachment.
-Added a progress bar when using the medkit.
-Optimized the world map and the strategy map FPS.
-Updated the instructions(work in progress)

The Next Update:
The next update will be a big one and we need more than one week to finish it. The main thing we will work on is a more world map strategy system. Factions will be more dynamic on the world map, for example, attack other factions army and lay siege to their towns. AI factions will also operate based on the economic system and will not spawn without limit (If they lose their cities, they will lose money and would not be able to hire more troops, etc). We will also add the basic companion system. You can find them in towns. They act similar to your squads but they have their own customizable equipment slots. For example, some of them can call off-map artillery support. Also, we will unlock the commanding skills to allow more units be deployed to the battlefield.

We will soon open the Official Forum.

We are bringing in more developers at the beginning of March so we will have extra hands to work on various issues. At the moment, our resources are still very limited but we are working really hard to make things roll forward. And we are sure that with all the efforts and the community support, this game will soon get to a new level.             
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »
Super Great Game  :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 09:33:34 PM »
Super Great Game  :howdy

It has lots of potential  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 08:39:04 PM »
Character Customization(Work In Progress)
24 FEBRUARY   - KK GAME STUDIO

Hey everyone! we are in the middle of releasing a big update as stated in the previous announcement. And we have just done the basic character customization system. Now you will be able to see yourself! All the equipment you put on yourself and your companions will be shown in the inventory window. The character is divided into multiple parts: helmet, mask, knee protection, pants, shoes, gloves, shirt, vest...There are many possibilities for you to create your unique character.We are paying some extra attention to the details, for example, if you equip a med-kit, it will be shown on your character too. We will also add a gender option at the beginning of the game. We will share more work-in-progress as we move forward in development.

We are also buying a few new pieces of equipment to test the game with different resolutions. So if you had issues with the resolution, don't worry we are on our way to solve it.

Be prepared to put on your best gear and take selfies:)

Have a nice day!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
What we were working on lately
4 MARCH   - KK GAME STUDIO

Hi everyone. Just a quick update on what we were working on lately. In the past 2 weeks we were doing a lot of moving, recruiting and other studio operation related stuff such as buying new pieces of equipment. We just moved to another office and settled down. We will soon upgrade our workstations for faster production quality and speed. We hired one additional programmer after careful selection and we are still looking for more. Development wise we have done the basic character customization and gender selection. We have completely reworked the equipment system and added a model to each wearable equipment. We also added the simple companion system(fully customizable) and off-map artillery. What is left for the next update is the basic faction dynamics(Factions fight each other on the map). And note that all these new features are on a very basic level and will be improved as we move forward. Stay tight!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 11:33:05 PM »
Update v 0.130 - Character Customization Companions

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience, we finally finished the update. Some key highlights of this update are the character customizations and companions. You will now be able to equip pieces of clothing to your character and choose between male and female.(Facial features customization will be added later) You start with 2 special companions at the beginning. They have the same character customization choices as the player. The companions have their own levels and stats. We will add more companion characters and depth to this system in future updates. You will also be able to use Air Strikes. We will expand the special abilities in future updates. On the world map, the factions have been made more dynamic. Factions now have a limited amount of money, and fight each other to get more money. Their towns generate money just like you get money from towns. Factions engage in battles with each other and perform sieges on warring faction's towns. This will be expanded upon more. You cannot join their combats at this moment but we have plans to engage in these in the future. We also added 3 new guns. In the future, you will be able to loot more enemy equipment, including their armor and guns.

For the next update, we will focus on some bug fixes & balancing.

We would also like to announce our official forum: http://forum.freeman-game.com/
It is a much better and easier platform to communicate, gather feedback, bugs and answer questions. It is a great place for us to work closely with our community as we want to create a great gameplay experience together.

Thank you for your support and appreciation! It helps us keep moving forward.
Have a great day.

Note that this update is not compatible with your previous saves, which means you need to start a new campaign ;)

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 07:41:26 PM »
Update v0.131

Patch Notes:
Bug Fix: Saving and Loading error/no loading button.
Bug Fix: Companion not gaining experience.
Bug Fix: Character name doesn't show.
Bug Fix: Shoes don't save properly.
Bug Fix: Night Vision Goggles doesn't work.
Removed the companion ammo belt.
Ability to change companion names.
Added 1 skirmish map(mountain type)
Added 3 guns(g1, mac-11, ak74m)
Replaced models for 2 armor.
Added 9 clothing.

We will continue to balance the game fix more bugs for the next update.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Modern Naval Warfare

Started by Asid

Replies: 7
    Views: 3438