Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Votes, Elections and Polls  (Read 2424 times)

Offline General Sandman

Votes, Elections and Polls
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:04 AM »
Regarding future Votes, Elections and Polls I hereby want to suggest to not expose the between-results after single votings, but only the end-results after the finalization of the complete procedure.
There should be a function to provide this.
The reasons result from experience especially concerning close votings and psycholigical principles.
For exemple, if someone gets the info, that a between-result tends very clearly in a certain direction, he might feel discouraged to participate, if he represents another point. But there are many other reasons I dont want to display here to prevent the posting getting too extented.
The opinion research institutes in probably most of our democracies dont even release a forecast after one week before an election for good reasons.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Votes, Elections and Polls
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »
We do have the ability to reveal the results after the poll has closed.

In most cases it does not really matter if people see once they have voted. If they want to play on a day that more people are playing then fine.

I do understand your point though.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline General Sandman

Re: Votes, Elections and Polls
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
Well, my comment doesnt really relate to the ongoing poll alone, but was a remark concerning votings, elections and polls in general.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Tags:

Android Is Watching Us

Started by Rinix

Replies: 0
    Views: 2227
    Last post February 02, 2018, 02:25:23 PM
    by Rinix