Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Rogue Empire: Dungeon Crawler RPG  (Read 17189 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Rogue Empire: Dungeon Crawler RPG
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »

Rogue Empire is an tactical turn-based RPG with randomly generated content and heavy Rogue-like elements. Choose one of multiple character combinations and advance it with unique abilities!

Home page: ]Here
Official forum: Here
Steam: Here
Youtube Channeli: Here

Single-player

Trailer

About

The shadow came, destroying everything in its way! Every kingdom in Ethistos was loosing ground and lives. When all seemed lost... the First Shadow disappeared! Where? How? No one knows... But the marks of their coming still linger across Ethistos!

Rogue Empire is an tactical turn-based RPG randomly generated content and heavy Rogue-like elements. Choose one of multiple character combinations and advance it with unique abilities!

Embark on a quest to heal the world of Ethistos and unveil the mysteries of the First Shadow!

Features

Key features:
•   Randomly generated dungeons, items and events! Play again and again!

•   Unique class building based of Trading Card Games concepts.

•   Many unique bosses to defeat!

•   7 races and 5 distinct classes to choose!

•   A huge map with exploration events, side quests and story!

•   Soul essence: Dying will provide you with valuable soul essence, used to unlock perks and new options for your next adventures!

•   A beautifully illustrated story with multiple endings!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Rogue Empire: Dungeon Crawler RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:36 PM »
New Druid aspects claw like attack animations!
Showcasing the upcoming claw like animations for druids shape shifts

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
Version 0.9.0 Released!
Rogue Empire: Dungeon Crawler RPG - Rogue Empire

Ok guys, its time to merge the beta build to the main/default branch increasing the game version from 0.8.9 all the way up to 0.9.0 :D

IMPORTANT: Current saves should work, but I can not guarantee it.

So, without further ado here are all the changes introduced into 0.9.0 from 0.8.9 ( I might have missed some, if so I apologize). In bold are the more important features added. I am sure there will be bugs but as allways I will try to solve them as fast as posible!

New Features

•   A new campaign (Bonus experimental Feature): The Challenge Dungeon!
•   Champions are here!:
  o   Most levels have 1 Champion noted by small skull icon. They will be crated when a new level is generated (meaning old levels you already explored won't have them).
  o   Any champions have a greater HP pool, give more xp and (on average) relatively better and more loot (unless it is not a loot giving monster, e.g. a wolf champion wont give loot) in contrast to its lesser brethren.
  o   In addition, champions can have 1 of several base builds with different effects: more speed, tanky, more stats, avg, more damage, increased mana pool.
  o   Champions also have 1, 2 or 3 (depending on difficulty) additional spells drawn from a pool that varies on the enemy type, e.g. an archer has a specific pool of possible extra abilities and in a similar way a fire oriented caster will have specific possible extra abilities.
•   Added resistance gear.
•   Upgraded food system and balanced game accordingly. More info Here.
•   Random dungeons are now created when loading the world map for the first time. This dungeons are different in length and style. Initial dungeon level/danger roughly depends on distance from the initial player spawning position. Random dungeon ends spawn 3 champions and have several guaranteed chest rewards as well as gold.
•   Added the "unending" dungeon to the game. Finished the current content with your character? Dive in!
•   Dungeons have now 2 additional skins: stone and shadow forming.
•   Added swap actions capabilities to the action bar.
•   Separated resistance into sub categories and re balanced it.
•   Added randomize race and class buttons when starting a new game.
•   Shape shifted druids now have unique attack animations.
•   'D'drop hot key has been added to the inventory.
•   Swap weapon key (default W) now also works on the inventory.
•   Added several new monsters.
•   Several enemies now have a disarm ability. Different weapon types have different chances of being disarmed when you have them (smaller weapons like daggers are harder to disarm for example).
•   Added wind shield spell (gives chance to make ranged physical attacks miss).
•   Added toggle to enable or disable battle texts on top of character.
•   Quests can now be tracked in the world map (if you have information about them) to make it easy to go where you need. Note: Because this adds information current main quests in the dawn of shadows campaign might not reflect the real progress of the quest.
•   Added option to limit game's frame rate.

Bug Fixes

•   Fixed mushroom warrior issue what growing from the magician's summon.
•   Encounters should now properly always have a path to an exit.
•   Worked on improving memory management. Hopefully this improves crashes some people seem to have.
•   Merchants restock properly.
•   Dragging items of the action bar now wont drag the screen.
•   Action bar should now properly reflect stacking items pickups and drops.
•   Demoralizing shout now shows its energy cost.
•   Assassin: Volley of knives now prioritizes enemies over objects. If no enemies are nearby objects are hit.
•   Triggering an event on the world map now stops any movement of the character.
•   Damage and to hit values for weapons now added to description if enchanted for easier comparison.
•   Armor tool tip now shows its weight.
•   Achievement achieved in one computer should now show on another computer inside the game if steam cloud is enabled.
•   Soul essence should correctly sync with cloud saves. Automatic migration mill save your current soul essence into the new system. If you have essence and perks in different computers log on each and open the essence window after a successful steam cloud synchronization. Underlined text is important!
•   Better tier ammo should now properly have better stats.
•   Ammo should properly weight.
•   Fixed bug where saving a game in bear form would lower hp to maximum amount of humanoid form hp when loading the game.
•   I think I fixed all issues with the action bar.
•   Improved inventory performance.
•   Fixed beta build bug where levels would regenerate under certain conditions.
•   Fixed bug where enemies would not attack the character if on an open chest.
•   Improved in game log sizes, memory management and cpu use.
•   Dropping items in the inventory now auto selects the nearest item next to the one dropped.
•   Fixed graphical bug where an interrupting event in the world map would not update graphical position of character.
•   Wind shield status effect now is properly shown and enables the removal of the spell.
•   Improved door placement.

Balance Changes

•   Starting staff for mages now has a base range of 2.
•   Balance: Druid's bear aspect effects where reduced (bonus hp is now 35% and shrugged improvements are now every 10 levels instead of 8).
•   Balance: Druid's
•   Balance: Druid's spell learning handicap got reduced from 50% to 75% handicap.
•   Balance: Warrior's
•   Balance:
•   Balance: Hard difficulty is now a little harder!
•   Balance: Trying to learn high level spells from low lvl high handicapped learning items should be more difficult!
•   Balance: Spell dodging is now more difficult with the spell's level.
•   Balance: Mage Lightning Mastery shock bonus reduced to 40% and damage increase added of 30% for lightning spells.
•   Balance: Mage Freeze Mastery now also increases freeze spells damage by 30%.
•   Balance: Increased  boss damage slightly.
•   Balance: Increased boss hp slightly.
•   Balance: Naga's racial critical rating increase reduced from 60% to 40% and cold vulnerability also reduced from 50% to 40%.
•   Balance: General physical critical rating formula adjusted to have a little more diminishing returns from critical rating.
•   Balance: General magical critical rating formula reduced chance to do critical hits.
•   Balance: Daggers have a +100% additive critical damage bonus. Short Swords have a +50% additive critical damage bonus.
•   Balance: ammo's weight reduced by 60%.
•   Balance: With the new resistance gear, none physical resistance rating growth by attributes was reduced by 75%.
•   Balance: Enemies got theirs hit points increased by 20%-30% and their regeneration decreased by 50%
•   Balance: Item drop rate increased by ~15%.
•   Balance: Low tier enemies now upgrade their weapons (doing more damage) after certain amount of levels when they appear on later dungeons.
•   Balance: Assassin's stealth is now weight dependent instead of armor mitigation dependent. This is triggered after going over the 70% armor ratio. The idea is give the chance make a heavy armored assassin but with less consumables because of weight vs a less armored assassin with more consumables/situational tricks.
•   Crossbows and muskets have had their energy use reduced by 35%.
•   Some skills now are more strategically used by the AI. Also some other beneficial skills will be cast on friends too. I will extend this to more and more abilities as I have time.
•   Reduced food drops as they are to plentiful with the new healthiness system.
•   Energy used when learning a spell and not successful now is down from 5000 to 1000.
•   Troll's slowness was removed.
•   Troll's regeneration was reduced from +100% to +50%
•   Troll's gain a new starting passive where they have 30% more hp when compared to other races.

Other
•   The time to start a continual action by holding down the same key has been multiplied by 4 to avoid issues when hitting a single key once.
•   Added new logo to main title screen.
•   Permanent effect potions are now called elixirs.
•   Replaced world map energy spend message and integrated the approximate time spend exploring the tile to have a more user friendly way of understanding the concept.
•   Renamed keys to reflect what they open.
•   Movement should be a little smother.
•   Inventory and merchant windows default behaviors on click where changed to double
click to avoid accidents.
•   Swapped the +to hit and + to damage in the item name to put it in the orders that games of the genre and d&d have.
•   Added better disarm and focus blow status effect icons.
•   Added new dungeon decorations.

As always feel free to pop up at discord and discuss with me about whatever you want!

Cheers and happy crawling!
GW

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
Cast your vote for the next feature

Hi everyone, this week I will focus on fixing some bugs introduce in the latest release, adding some minor improvements and doing some PR and marketing that I have been neglecting a little bit. I ll also try to update the unity version I am building the game on to improve performance and be up to date with technology.

While I am at it, I would love for you guys to vote on what you want me to build on next:

•   Continuation of the Dawn of shadows campaign: I would hope to finish it at least to the point where the game is beatable. This update would come with a lot of new enemy types.
•   Unique artifacts and maybe item sets if possible. Art for this might come after its release (I would still try to make the artifacts standout using some engine effects).

Vote in this thread which feature you would like for me to implement first by putting a comment and "+<your choice>"

I know from the last voting session some suggested to make this through an external pool system, but I feel this is easier for you and at the same times guarantees 1 vote per user :P

The voting shall end at some point by the end of this week when I feel the current version is stable enough.

I hope you enjoy the game and help me make it more enjoyable! ːsteamhappyː

Cheers!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:28:30 AM »
Version 0.9.0 Bug Fix Patch Released

As usual some bugs where introduced along with the new content.

This patch attempts to fix most of them:

Bug Fixes
•   Bug fixed: Going through holes (notably the challenge dungeon) enabled enemies far away to attack the character without any view of the character or weapon range consideration.
•   Extreme healthiness state is now reachable.
•   Randomly created dungeons near the characters starting location in the dawn of shadows campaign should have a lower starting level. Note: I could not reproduce this bug so this is just a mitigation till I properly find how it happens and fix it.
•   Randomly created dungeons should not be created on mountains or rivers anymore.
•   Inventory 2h weapons now properly replace 1h items equipped.
•   Replacing gear when a subgroup is selected now properly remains in that subgroup.
•   Magic Missiles now wont target barrels and crates anymore.
•   Kicking tutorial is now triggering off when kicking the door without the mouse.
•   Kruztum tunnels lvl 5 are now properly named
•   Fixed several typos.

Balance
•   Armor Damage Mitigation from equipped items is now increased for low amounts of armor mitigation and decreased for high amounts. Philosophy behind this change is to give light armored classes more mitigation while at the same time reduce the compound effect of high hp of high armored classes a little.
•   Amount of summons growth with the spell level and level of entities summoned reduced for higher spell levels.
•   The assassin's Observe Victim ability effect was increased from 30% to 50%
•   The assassin's Volley Of Knifes ability damage modifiers went up by +20% for all its levels
•   The assassin's Back stab bonus damage was greatly increased for all its levels
•   Increased the number of attacks of the assassin's Rapid Cuts ability by 2

Cheers!

GW

PD: Tomorrow is the last day for voting on the next big feature!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
Beta Branch for 9.0.2: Development Information & Follow Up
From the dev

I ll be working here on the voted feature as well as more fixes.

This branch has logs enabled to be more verbose so that I get more info from you guys when you sent them to me.

To play the branch:
•   In your game library right click on "Rogue Empire -> Properties"
•   In properties select the "Betas" tab
•   On the drop down select the version: beta - Beta testing for next release

Content I have done but is not yet released into the beta build:

•   Changed xp formula to make leveling more spread out. Changed dungeons in the campaigns accordingly.
•   Some type of champions (high dmg ones and high speed ones) will only appear later in the game.
•   Rats in crates and barrels no longer have a first strike on you.

•   Improved auto explore. Locked doors you can pass by should be now ignored.
•   Hitting the level change binding when tabbing through exits now goes to the corresponding exit.
•   Fixed auto explore when sometimes it would freeze having all reachable areas explored.
•   Volley of Knifes now correctly targets crates and barrels when they are the only target available.
•   Fixed freeze issue when hitting enter to using potions from the inventory.
•   Armor effects for spell casters and characters with stealth are now shown immediately when loading a game.
•   Fixed issue where flare shot was making a stealthed character unstealthed indefinitely in the area of the flare shot.
•   Armor effects for characters with stealth is shown always regardless of it the character is currently in stealth.

Beta released content :

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
New Beta Branch Update 0.9.0-a
24 MARCH - ROGUE EMPIRE

IMPORTANT: How to try the beta branch?

Steps to try out the beta branch of the game:
This branch has logs enabled to be more verbose so that I get more info from you guys when you sent them to me (this might make it a little more annoying if you get an error).

New Features

•   Improved auto explore. Locked doors you can pass by should be now ignored.
•   Hitting the level change binding when tabbing through exits now goes to the corresponding exit.

Balance Changes

•   Changed xp formula to make leveling more spread out. Changed dungeons in the campaigns accordingly. This will affect ongoing games.
•   Some type of champions (high dmg ones and high speed ones) will only appear later in the game.
•   Rats in crates and barrels no longer have a first strike on you.
•   Rooms where a character enters a dungeon by regular means (e.g. stairs, two way portals) shall generate much less enemies.
•   Armor penalties for casters and stealth users are now based on the equipped weight. UI was updated to show your current equipped weight.
•   Some enemies have had their mana pool increased.

Bug Fixes

•   Fixed auto explore when sometimes it would freeze having all reachable areas explored.
•   Volley of Knifes now correctly targets crates and barrels when they are the only target available.
•   Fixed freeze issue when hitting enter to using potions from the inventory.
•   Armor effects for spell casters and characters with stealth are now shown immediately when loading a game.
•   Fixed issue where flare shot was making a stealthed character unstealthed indefinitely in the area of the flare shot.
•   Fixed bug where the mage's brew potion ability would always generate the same potion.
•   Eghoss campaign final boss now won't teleport right after a focus blow

Other
•   Armor effects for characters with stealth is shown always regardless of if the character is currently in stealth.
•   The game should be running in borderless window mode now.

Some notes: The changes to the xp formula and player progression took quite some time but I feel fairly satisfied. The game feels somewhat different and the leveling process is more uniform. Low level dungeons are a little bit more challenging. Because of the time this took there is no new boss yet. But it should make for a better balance and character progression in the later part of the campaign yet to come.

As always feel free to pop up at discord and discuss with me about whatever you want!

GW

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 03:16:24 PM »
Sneak peak: The <lesser> Ghoul

The Ghoul just feeds on the weak in order to grow!

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 02:58:49 PM »
It is waiting for you...Can you face him?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »
New Beta Branch Update 0.9.0-e: Performance Stabilization

IMPORTANT: How to try the beta branch?

Steps to try out the beta branch of the game:
This branch has logs enabled to be more verbose so that I get more info from you guys when you sent them to me (this might make it a little more annoying if you get an error).

It became clear with the last update the game dragged to much stability issues. This is why before merging into the main build I am releasing 1 more build for the beta branch.

You might have notice the game sometimes crashes and the more iconic issue is reloading the game into the ocean of the world map in the Dawn of Shadows campaign.

This issue seemed have worsened with each build but hopefully this is now fixed and if not, I implemented a countermeasure just in case. So without further ado here is the change log for this beta build.

New Features

•   Restore from previous backup tool: This is mainly a just in case tool that I hope you wont need to use. The tool enables you to restore a game to a previous state (a previous level you where exploring). This is done when loading a game using the wrench icon. Important to know is this operation can not be undone so don't use it unless you are sure your game is broken.

•   Games now can be saved in a compressed mode which is enabled by default (you can change this in settings). It is recommended you run with this mode as saving uses a fraction of the space it used to and will sync much faster in steam.

Bug Fixes

•   You should no longer go swimming in the world map.
•   The game should be in general more stable.
•   Some typos where fixed.
•   Achievement should now properly update from the main title too.

General game improvements

•   Game disk size reduced around 30%.
•   Memory usage reduced around 70%.
•   Map transition speed improved by around 10% to 60% depending on your hardware.
•   Game performance improved considerably.

Other

•   Nature regeneration duration improved greatly for lower levels of the spell.

Note: I post this into the beta because I changed a lot of code from the game and I might have missed something while testing. If all goes well I merge this beta into main during the week

I hope this really improves the game for those of you with issues. Again I am sorry for it, but please let me know.

GW

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 02:37:16 AM »
Version 0.9.4 Released!

Ok guys, it is time to merge the beta build to the main/default branch increasing the game version from v0.9.0 to v0.9.4 :D

Before we dive into the changes, I wanted to let you know I plan to do a small streaming session on Monday 4pm EST(UTC -5) on Rogue Empire's twitch channel . I will be playing some Rogue Empire but that is just an excuse to do a small meet and greet/Q&A. This is the first time I would do this and If I see a few of you there that would be awesome and I would probably redo this at some other point.

Without further ado, here are the main changes ( I might have missed some) introduced into the game:

New Features

•   General game play additions:
  o   Added +16 new “regular” enemies.
  o   Added 4 type of shadow pylons to the game. These are destructible structures that buff nearby enemies.

o   Added a new ability to the hunter’s deck: Dirty Shot
  o   Added Barricades that impede your movement till destroyed. If in corridors this can cut off an escape or give you some time to engage an enemy coming at you. In the case of outdoor environments something similar comes in the form off Vine Walls.
  o   Dungeons now have fenced walls characters can see through. These walls let through ranged and spell attacks! Dungeon forming algorithm tries to put these in interesting spots.

Read on for full list

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 12:56:56 PM »
HotFix Update 1 for v0.9.4
5 AUGUST - ROGUE EMPIRE

Hi everyone I just updated a small hotfix. It mainly addresses balance issues.

Note: The best way for steam to recognize the update immediately is to just restart it.

Balance Changes
•   World map encounters difficulty scaling was reduced by 70%.
•   Shadow formation reduced by 35%
•   Stat potions drop rate increased by 50%

Bug Fixes
•   This was done yesterday during a small hot fix. It fixes the first tower portal exit coordinates in the Dawn Of Shadows Campaign (so your character does not appear on water).
•   Shadow progress with the ring of shadows now is correctly displayed graphically.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »
Version 0.9.5 Released!

Ok guys, it is time to merge the beta build to the main/default branch increasing the game version from v0.9.4 to v0.9.5 ːsteamhappyː
Note 1: You might notice this patch is not as big as the previous ones, but there is definitely good stuff inside! Some highlights are new abilities, abilities are drawn now every 2 levels instead of 3, improved keyboard support, Leaderboards and new soul essence perks!

Note 2: Because of some weird restrictions by steam I am not allowed to change the game's price on release without preventing me to put up the release discount (this is supposed to attract a lot). This is why soon I willl change the price (it will go up a little) for the early access version of the game to prepare for this. If you wish to know more feel free to talk to me about it.
UPDATE: It seems steam already approved the price change. If you need to get it on the original price tag please look me up discord, I ll be happy to accommodate you out till it gets out of EA.

Without further ado, here are the main changes ( I might have missed some) introduced into the game:

New Features

•   Reworked the entire Leaderboards:
o   Each difficulty and game type (Eghoss, Dawn of Shadows, Challenge dungeon) have their own category/Leaderboard.
o   Global Leaderboards are a thing! 30 spots for each category at the moment!
o   Each records show your rank, the soul essence amount (these count as points), the name you used for the record, a small description of your character (name, gender, race, level, location).
o   If you stream in twitch, a small icon with a link to your channel will be show up.
o   If played in timed mode another icon will appear.

•   Leaderboards are now accessible from the title screen/main menu.
•   Because of new abilities added for all classes, you now get to pick new ones every 2 levels instead of every 3. :D
•   Merchant window has now proper keyboard support.
•   Level Up window has now proper keyboard support.
•   Button cursor on windows can now be toggle on and off from the settings window.
•   Added 6 new active ability that can be learned by all classes.

•   Added 2 new passive ability that can be learned by all classes.
•   When in a dungeon a small icon next to the dungeon name will hint at the relative difficulty of the dungeon when compared to your character.
•   In the world map you will have an idea of the dungeons difficulty by glancing at the small icons next to their entrance. On hovering a popup will give you more info.
•   Soul Essence perks now display an icon when they unlock new options when acquired.
•   Added 26 new Soul Essence perks.

Balance Changes
•   Kick mechanic changed to be a 1 time damage with a guaranteed success. The damage is dependent on the dungeon level and the kicker strength.
•   All merchants now start with an additional 2500 gold in their pockets.
•   Buffed moon-crystal shields across the board. This only affects newly generated shields.
•   Naga wizard lightning bolt spell level reduced.
•   The detect traps enchantment spell now auto casts on yourself as it was to confusing before.
•   Assassin and Hunter dodge improving abilities where changed from a multiplicative amount to dodge rating to a flat amount to dodge chance.
•   Class signature attributes (for example intelligence and spell power for mages) are now guaranteed to have at least a +1 point increase during level up.
•   All characters and enemies have had its constitution influence on hp increased as well as its signature damage stats influences (str, sp, agl have an increased influence on damage done). This is made so stat increases are more influential.
•   Most of the poison attacks/abilities from enemies and traps have been buffed to balance out the constitution changes and also make them more of a thread. As part of this change most poisons have a longer duration.
•   Negative/bad item enchantments where removed from the game (does not affect items already acquired in a current game).
•   Item modifier formula adjusted so you seem more enchanted items on more dangerous dungeons.
•   Increased item drop amount across the board. Changed weight of type of items dropped accordingly for balancing purposes.

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed bug that would prevent to switch the camera shaking option.
•   Fixed bug where sometimes buttons in the action bar would disabled for use till the game is restarted.
•   Fixed bug where range weapons would no longer be harder to dodge.
•   Fixed a bug where character, inventory spell and talent screens button remapping would not work properly.
•   Fixed a bug where water splash spell would not scale with spell power.
•   Fixed infamous ring of satiation freeze. Added some safeguard code to hopefully prevent similar situations in the future.
•   Fixed several typos.
•   Fixed the location of several 1 way portals in the Dawn of Shadows campaign.

Other
•   Both spell and abilities windows have a small informative text when not showing a specific spell/ability.
•   Level 100, 50 and 25 achievements where shifted to be level 50, 40 and 25 respectively.
•   Portals generated by bosses now will be attempted to be created around them and not under them to avoid being in the same location as the loot dropped by the boss.
•   Redid keyboard UI navigation.
•   Moved the rings subcategory in the inventory from "other" to "armors" as it made more sense when using it.
•   Enchanted gear now stands out when picking it up and when looking at them in the inventory. More to come.
•   If for any reason your character end up on a none traversable tile, you will now be able to get back to a valid tile.
•   Changed a little the UI coloring scheme.

GW

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 10:54:35 PM »
Version 0.9.8 Released!
13 December - Rogue Empire

Ok guys, it is time to merge the beta build to the main/default branch increasing the game version from v0.9.5 to v0.9.8 

Important Announcement:
Thanks to your support, Rogue Empire made it to the Top 100 in the Indie of the Year 2008 contest at IndieDB!

But the contest is not over as now the top 100 get voted to see the spot you end at! I would encourage you to vote for Rogue Empire again :D

Again, thanks so much!!!

Now, without further ado, here are the main changes ( I might have missed some) introduced into the game:

New Features
•   Added more than 30 legendary items/gear! You will find several little Easter Eggs on them!
At the moment you are guaranteed to get at least 1 legendary item from the first boss you kill. After this the loot chance depends on the amount of legendary items already acquired and the source of loot. From higher to lower chance this is:
1.   Bosses.
2.   Golden chests.
3.   Champions.
4.   Zoo rooms.
5.   Regular chests.
6.   Goo protected rooms.
7.   Regular Monsters
o   For more info on legendary weapons see:

Read on for full list
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 12:18:44 AM »
Version 0.9.8 Hot fix 1 + story mode!
30 December - Rogue Empire

Hi all. Because of some bugs (specially the pickup bug) I am releasing a small update.

I ll also post tomorrow a small year end recap and some upcoming info for next year!

Lets get to the changes now!

New Features
•   Added story mode: There is no perma-death but you don't earn any soul essence and can not participate from high scores.

Balance Changes
•   Crit damage base modifier on enemies was reduced for normal and easy difficulty to reduce some spikes in the late game.
•   Stealth base discovery chance was slightly increased.
•   Soul essence reward for easy difficulty setting increased to 50% of normal.

Bug Fixes
•   Fixed detailed pickup bugs.
•   Fixed text issue on altars.
•   Hitting enter when setting up your race or class wont default to the randomize button (hotkey now R).
•   Fixed weird bug with toggles inside the settings window. This would prevent some of them to work.
•   Normalized character sounds.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Started by Asid

Replies: 82