Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 19/01/18  (Read 10621 times)

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 19/01/18
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
I'm back. Ready for the battle
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
I'm back. Ready for the battle

General Biondo. Your allies welcome your return. Your enemy does not  :bonaparte
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 08:26:09 PM »
My men are ready for battle  :Vive
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 08:53:18 PM »

Important message from HerrPaulchen!
"My military forces have lost their way and are moving along difficult terrain, our path is also complicated by the snow that has recently fallen.
Please do not wait for us on the battlefield today!"

No problem. There will be many other battles to fight  :Napoleonic soldier
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
This was a great battle. Very hard fought.

General Colbert made a grave tactical error. First one I have seen him make like that. He was punished, severely.  :R.I.P.

General Sandman did his job very well on our right.

Klaus managed to hold the centre and push forward against a ferocious French attack.

The allies were victorious under my command  :bonaparte

Great battle. Thanks guys  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »
 :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 07:48:40 AM »
This was a great battle. Very hard fought.

General Colbert made a grave tactical error. First one I have seen him make like that. He was punished, severely.  :R.I.P.

General Sandman did his job very well on our right.

Klaus managed to hold the centre and push forward against a ferocious French attack.

The allies were victorious under my command  :bonaparte

Great battle. Thanks guys  :thumbsup

Yes, it was a nice battle, also because at this time victory was gained from fighting and not mostly from only holding an objective.
I setup an objective which ownership granted a bit more than 200 points every 15 minutes. The idea was, that it shall not be sufficiant just to hold a certain objective to succeed. I was trying to find moderate victory-conditions, which on the one hand make it attractive to fight for a certain location, but on the other hand do not raise the ownership of it to the vital question of victory.

Similar to the previous battle on wednesday, one side held the objective for most of the time, because of the simple fact, that it initially was much better situated than the opponent.
In spite of the fact, that the french side could seize the objective quite early, soon gaining VPs and organizing a defence to, due comparable army size, prevent the allies from ever getting close to the objective, a moderate rating for the target seemed to be reasonable.

I dont know, perhaps General Colbert wanted to prevent the allies from crossing the creek expecting to receive support soon, while CiC Biondo´s intention was to form the defence on the southern elevation. So maybe thats why Colbert faced parts of 2 enemy divisions to gain some time for more friendly troops to join?

What kind of game SoW was without misunderstandings and different estimates of the generals?

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 07:53:18 AM »
Never suffered such a serious defeat, General Sandman, has literally destroyed one of my brigades and all the artillery. It looked like a steamroller, several times, I asked for help to have some squadron of cavalry to balance a little strength, it was not possible. Honor the great general Sandman for leading his men to a crushing victory.  :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 08:19:44 AM »
Never suffered such a serious defeat, General Sandman, has literally destroyed one of my brigades and all the artillery. It looked like a steamroller, several times, I asked for help to have some squadron of cavalry to balance a little strength, it was not possible. Honor the great general Sandman for leading his men to a crushing victory.  :howdy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank you very much for the honorable tribute, General Colbert.  :cheers

While you performed the steamroller part on wednesday, this time the favor has been granted to me.  :cool_Napoleonic

I myself was a bit surprised that I could keep up the pressure for like 2 hours. The reduced Brunswick Division of like 4300 men does much more benefit from its flexibility resulting from consisting of all 3 troop genres than of its size.

Nevertheless my outflanking was only possible because General KlausVarna was persistently filling the centre incuring the fire of the heavy french corps artillery. Also General Colbert accurately remarked, that I could very much benefit from the fact, that the french Cavalry was deployed on the opposite flank. If I was confronted with additionally 1 french
cavalry brigade cooperating with General Colbert, I must have had considered to retreat to the northern banks of the creek.  :pilotfly
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:34:22 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
 :Soldier_salute
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline KlausVarna

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »
My treasure in the fight was more modest than on our right flank. In general, for the fight, I confronted the French cavalry at our center and the left flank. My task was to protect the corps of artillery against the infighting of enemy cavalry. In general, to active operations my division passed at the end of the game, meeting almost all the enemy's artillery and the right flank of the infantry, and almost at the end of the game I led the offensive reserve infantry brigade with cavalry support. The battle was extremely tense and bloody. I'm newcomer in multiplayer games in SoW, but I invite all those who would like to try, but was afraid that it will be difficult for you. They will propose a task for the forces, and they will treat with understanding. All the best! :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 06:35:37 PM »
This was a battle were, as a CinC, I thought to have everithing under control.

I was surprised by  the allied deployment at the beginning but I thought it was possible to recover from that unexpetcted manoeuvre.

Colbert was deployed north of the objective with only one infantry brigade and a battery keeping the other infantry brigade on the objective to hold it. His orders were to guard the bridge on the river from the high ground south of it. If the enemy pressure was too high he could recall the other brigade to face the enemy.

I was northeast with a second infantry division supported by Taff's cavalry division. I was waiting the bigger threat from here because the terrain was a bit more opened and with more manoeuvres possibility, especially for cavalry.

I was wrong.

When Colbert spotted Sandman's division and then Klaus division it was clear that the enemy would try to outflank Colbert's position.

I immediately sent one of my brigades to the objective to relieve Colbert's brigade so he could use it to stop the outflanking manoeuvre. I moved the rest of my division on Colbert's right with all the artillery reserve and ordered Taff to move to Colbert's left to help him against sandman's cavalry. The idea was to crush his cavalry (we had numerical superiority in that situation) and than we could have the possibility to attack him more easily.

Then three things happened: first was Taff misenterpreted the order and moved to northeast of his actual position. I ordered to move northeast of the objective, on Colbert's left but probably my message wasn't too clear. So Taff found himself in a bad position, into a wood and in elevation disadvantage. Anyway he was able to hold Klaus and Asid on their positions for most part of the battle.

The second was Colbert moving too much north, near the river and close to sandman's and probably Klaus artillery. He quickly lost his first brigade and then was too difficult to hold against sandman's following attacks.

I defended my position with only one brigade, helped by four batteries. Probably it was better to move also the brigade on the objective (I moved them near the end of the battle, too late). They were only 1800 men but at that stage of the battle they could help a lot. This was the third mistakes.

At the end Asid's and Klaus combined attack made a breach on our defense while sandman was still pushing against Colbert's left flank.

So we lost the battle because of the great losses we suffered. Honor to the enemy :howdy

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »
 :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:38 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
 :roker :roker :roker :roker :coffeescreen :coffee :smashing-computer :lol
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3496
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4554
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10493
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9473
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12495
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid