Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Tacview website

Author Topic: Issue with Tacview  (Read 6644 times)

Offline L3o5

Issue with Tacview
« on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »
Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm having a few problems trying to run properly the Tacview with the DCS

I downloaded the Tacview 1.6.4 and is showing Tacview Demo and a few days left that I belevie will turn into the Starter.

The problem that I'm  having is that I can't record my flights from DCS it's installed shown the module of Tacview in DCS menus but in the specials shows nothing. I tried to save de DCS replay(.trk) but the Tacview does not open that extension.

I`ve run DCS 2.2 and 1.5 and both have the same problem, tried to copy the archieves from installed Tacview to Save Games but nothing changed the path to C: (I use C just to the OS) instead the D: but nothing and did the thing with the documentation available in the Tacview site but didn't worked out.

Thanks in advance.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Issue with Tacview
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »
Hi L3o5

The developer, Vyrtuoz, is very good with his customers. I am sure he will point you in the correct direction very soon.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »
Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm having a few problems trying to run properly the Tacview with the DCS

I downloaded the Tacview 1.6.4 and is showing Tacview Demo and a few days left that I belevie will turn into the Starter.

The problem that I'm  having is that I can't record my flights from DCS it's installed shown the module of Tacview in DCS menus but in the specials shows nothing. I tried to save de DCS replay(.trk) but the Tacview does not open that extension.

I`ve run DCS 2.2 and 1.5 and both have the same problem, tried to copy the archieves from installed Tacview to Save Games but nothing changed the path to C: (I use C just to the OS) instead the D: but nothing and did the thing with the documentation available in the Tacview site but didn't worked out.

Thanks in advance.

I know you said you have you been to the Tacview website's DCS World User Guide section? But did you see the below information from there:

Q11: I can't record any flight, even single player missions are not recorded! What is happening?
By default, Tacview records all DCS World flight in \My Documents\Tacview\ folder. Search for any *.zip.acmi files on your hard drive to make sure that your flights are not stored in an unexpected place. This may happen when the export folder is not properly configured. If your flights are recorded in the wrong folder, please check below to learn how to change the recording folder.

If you can't find any file, then the exporter is either not installed, wrongly installed, or there is another script from another add-on which prevents Tacview scripts proper execution.

Q12: How can I know if Tacview exporter is properly installed?
Tacview exporter is a module of DCS World. You should see its icon at the bottom of DCS World main menu screen. A dedicated control panel is also available under the SPECIAL tab in DCS World OPTIONS page. See below for more details about the available options.

Q13: How can I ask Tacview to (re)install the exporter automatically?
If you have uninstalled older versions of Tacview after having installed a new version, the exporter has probably been removed at the same time. In that case, just re-install the latest version of Tacview. The exporter will be automatically re-installed in the appropriate folder. This is a quick and safe operation: All your settings will be preserved.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Vyrtuoz

• Tacview Developer
    • Tacview The Universal Flight Analysis Tool
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
Thank you Beef.

However, it is true that the latest releases of DCS World have introduced breaking changes which are preventing Tacview exporter from running properly.

In that case, simply install the latest beta of Tacview 1.7.0 (even if you do not own a licence) in parallel of Tacview 1.6.4. This will fix the exporter and you will still be able to debriefing using Tacview 1.6.4 after your flight.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:36:24 PM by Admin »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Click.gif

Offline L3o5

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
Thanks to everyone hope that all had undertood the issue that i had and all of you that helped, the solution of Vyrtuoz that it`s install 1.6.4 with the beto solved the problem.

If the admin what this post can be closed.

Thanks again.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

TacView for Server Admin (DCS)

Started by Maverick87Shaka

Replies: 4
    Views: 4961