Translations for our friends around the world.

IL-2 Sturmovik

BO-9IyACUAAxqUu

Author Topic: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Bury Me at the Beach: By JC  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Bury Me at the Beach: By JC
« on: January 04, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Sunday, December 31, 2017
By: JC
IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Bury Me at the Beach

Never been a big fan of the Hurricane, but will not pass a chance to sit in the virtual cockpit of one in the Blitz edition of IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

Quick mission: jump on a flight of Fiat G50s returning to France. My Hurricane is the one in the background.

This is actually a quick mission (semi-canned premade missions in IL-2), but I am compelled to share it because not even the peculiar ending took away the immersion.

Cast of characters: a flight of 3 Hurricane Is, one with me strapped into the tight cockpit of the sturdy bird. With a top speed of 255 MPH, I am expected to compel the enemy into a turning fight.

Cast of characters II: a flight of Fiat G.50s, with their own problems of maximum airspeed (254 MPH) and range.

After closing in with the unaware Italians, somebody in their flight raises the alarm. They scatter in groups of two, with the acrobatic elegance of airshow performers. From the distance, their flight opens like a vintage ladies' hand fan. They are not trying to impress us but rather to offer us very bad options.

Whatever pair one could chase it would mean trouble. Pursuing the ones that broke to the left would give the two pairs up and right a chance to get in our six. Nonetheless, I make the snap decision to chase down the pair that broke left. I immediately take my left hand off the propeller pitch handle and leave my bird to fly with a coarse propeller.

Cheers,

JC

Read on: Click Here
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

1C Game Studios to Cooperate with Team Fusion on IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Started by Asid

Replies: 4
    Views: 4941
    Last post December 22, 2016, 01:06:39 PM
    by Longknife
    IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz , North African expansion.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 6154
    Last post March 05, 2020, 01:05:53 PM
    by Asid