Translations for our friends around the world.

Scourge Of War

Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 6946 times)

Offline Nightingale87

Hi there!
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »
I´m not technically new user but the thing is I am. I joined a while ago looking for players to play SoW Waterloo HITS mode. I just think it´s a great aproach on strategy on PC. The thing is that I don´t want to waste money on a game I can´t play with real people.
So now the game is on Sale and I thought I could get it. I´ve been Reading around the fórum and it seems like you are quite active and thats great!

Im a tabletop wargamer, but the idea of playing in my pcp sending written messeges and receving them to gather Intel and give/follow orders is just AMAZING!....
so if you tell me that you see future for me in this community I´ll be glad.

Thank you!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »
Hello nightingale,

Welcome on DoW forum  :howdy

Yes, playing sow with HITS & couriers settings it's really as you said, amazing.

It has a steep learning curve but we're here to help you to approach the game and then to join us in multiplayer battles :thumbsup

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »
Hi Nightingale

All I can say is that, FOR ME, It has been one of my best purchases. I have many games but this Is one I play all the time. I usually play 2 times every week with my friends here on DoW. We only play HITS as this is the most realistic, immersive and fun way for us.

Our  group has played multiplayer for over a year. We have no plans to stop playing it.

We have a very friendly and knowledgeable group.

HITS is not as hard as some people think. We can help you if you need.

Ultimately, you must decide if you want to buy the game. I got it when it was not on discount and do not regret it. It is worth every penny.

Our group was also recognised by Slitherine /Matrix for our Scourge of War sessions: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,5704.0.html

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Nightingale87

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:11 AM »
Wow! thanks guys. Sounds great!...I finally bought the game and started playing it. I think it will take me some time to master, but looks like what I was looking for.

Quick question. After the tutorial and some HITS sandbox brig vs brig games I realized that the french army always has a larger oob tan the allies. In every sandbox I played they had more men!....was that a coincidence or a difficulty setting?

If any of you needs some easy sparring partner let me know. I can´t wait to join the battle.

One more thing. Should I buy any of the DLC???

Thanks again
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »
When you're in the sandbox battle screen, check Balance Forces option.  :thumbsup

About the DLC, it's up to you. Regarding multiplayer battles it doesn't matter. The only thing is that if everyone has a DLC then it's possible to use the DLC''s map in the battle
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
Wow! thanks guys. Sounds great!...I finally bought the game and started playing it. I think it will take me some time to master, but looks like what I was looking for.

Quick question. After the tutorial and some HITS sandbox brig vs brig games I realized that the french army always has a larger oob tan the allies. In every sandbox I played they had more men!....was that a coincidence or a difficulty setting?

If any of you needs some easy sparring partner let me know. I can´t wait to join the battle.

One more thing. Should I buy any of the DLC???

Thanks again

Did you install the DoW mod already. As soon as you got it ready, I d be ready for sparring.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Nightingale87

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »
Hmmm....no I don´t think so. I installed Full french OOB and some toolbar...but now DoW. Where do I download it from?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:29 PM »
Hmmm....no I don´t think so. I installed Full french OOB and some toolbar...but now DoW. Where do I download it from?

You get it from Asid or Biondo by download-link.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:06:26 PM »
Just sent you the link in a PM ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 02:21:03 PM »
Hi Nightingale

The DLC are on sale right now. They have some very nice maps. I enjoy them but it is not an absolute requirement for our multiplayer group. However, like Biondo said, If you have the maps then it gives more options.

There will be a game this Wednesday @ 20:30GMT. You can take a brigade if you wish or even some artillery

I would suggest joining our STEAM group as well as it gives you auto notifications of our sessions. The link to join is on the right side of the forum.

Regards

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Nightingale87

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
Thank you all. I´ve installe dthe mod, right now I´m looking for the group on Steam, and then I´ll consider buying the DLC. One question, when you say that it gives more options, do you mean for multiplayer? I don´t want to miss multiplayer games because I don´t have them, but if it´s no tthe case, then I´ll have more tan enough for now for me to explore in the vanilla versión.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Nightingale87

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »
Lol, nevermind, I bought them already ...  :D
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 07:19:10 PM »
Thank you all. I´ve installe dthe mod, right now I´m looking for the group on Steam, and then I´ll consider buying the DLC. One question, when you say that it gives more options, do you mean for multiplayer? I don´t want to miss multiplayer games because I don´t have them, but if it´s no tthe case, then I´ll have more tan enough for now for me to explore in the vanilla versión.

Just a remark ... dont forget to activate the mod by checking the DoW toolbar in the mod section of the ingame main menu.
Then you might want to setup the HITS options (if not yet done) as used at DoW community and do some test battles to get familiar with the toolbar.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 08:59:27 PM »
One question, when you say that it gives more options, do you mean for multiplayer? I don´t want to miss multiplayer games because I don´t have them, but if it´s no tthe case, then I´ll have more tan enough for now for me to explore in the vanilla versión.

We use the maps sometimes from the DLC's but we make sure we all have them and if someone does not then we do not use the map. So the DLC's are not necessary.

The maps are great value and supports the developer  :thumbsup
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Nightingale87

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
Hey! I´m using all the time I can make use of to train HITS in the sandbox as much as possible. Now I have a couple of questions.

I´ve had some problems moving the commander with HITS but I´m Reading around the fórum and I think I´ve found the answers I needed. SO I´ll keep trying.

Now, I´ve seen there are many cool mods in the fórum to make the game look better, music, sounds, sprites, smoke, bushes, etc. Even a pointer mod and  aHITS mod, My question is, can I use these in your multiplayer sessions?
Thanks again.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: