Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 15/12/17  (Read 8276 times)

Offline JasonPratt

• Now let us see what the future will bring...
Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Friday 15/12/17
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 08:19:06 PM »
Argh, everyone gets to go home early today but meeeeee!

Being the (junior) boss sux sometimes.

On the other hand, I got to declare a MEAT DAY today -- so the guys spent most of the day (before going home early) grilling a late lunch.

So, full and happy, vs grumpy at driving the boat (metaphorically speaking). But glad I could send the other guys home with pay.

Next Friday tho (and possibly next Wed depending on jobs)... and the week between Christmas and NY...  :Vive
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mp Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg videos (finished)

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

Survive Harder! Season Two complete; Blood Bowl Amazons AAR

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »
Yesterday occured a battle between a french and a prussian corps.

The french, commanded by the honorable generals Colbert and Mitra, used their opportunity to seize the strategic objective in the NE of the area before the prussian forces of the generals Biondo and Sandman.

The french side, starting from the NW, smartly splitted their corps. While 1 Cavalry and 1 Infantry Division took the objective, the remaining 2 Infantry Divisions headed to the east to block the enemy´s advance.

The Prussians, coming from SE, had to use a couple of winding roads to get to their destinations. General Sandman, who was adequately ordered to split his large numbered division in case of reaching the objective before the opponent, to go with one formation for the objective, while the other one got to shield from enemy engagements coming from the west.
Commander in charge Biondo, who directly commanded the prussian Cavalry Division and 1 Infantry Division followed the advance, intended to deploy his forces SW of the Objective.
General Sandman unluckily decided to order his Advance-Guard-Brigade to realize the shielding task, heading in direction to the west of the objective, instead of approaching the strategic point from a road situated more east. Therefore the french Infantry task force managed to already engage the prussian Advance-Guard and therefore delay the complete prussian infantry column. The prussian Cavalry Division used the eastern road heading in direction to the strategic target, but was then ordered to support the blocked infantry. Meanwhile the other french task force took the objective, which still wasnt recognizable to the prussian commanders due distance and elevations.
General Sandman tried to achieve the original task by shifting the not yet engaged units across country to the NE and slowly disengage the fighting former advance guard, while General Biondos forces fighting the intercepting french Infantry Divisions.

After securing the objective, the second french task force moved with its complete Cavalry and 1 Infantry Brigade to the South, now ready to block Sandmans just relocated troops. Although the Prussians most probably couldnt reach the strategic point first, this well performed maneuvre guaranteed, that the objective was not threatened for another 45 minutes. To achieve any further advance, the Prussian Cavalry had to be recalled back to fight the opposing horses in the NE. Then tragically the prussian CiC Biondo was reported MIA (connection drop) while coordinating his troops.

Finally about half of General Sandmans Division could be deployed in an attack line to engage the french Brigade holding the objective from the west. But it was too late, cos the battle was ending soon and the french side benefitted already very much from their performance to hold the strategic point for a long time.

Well done, generals! And hopefully the great General Biondo will soon find his way back to his troops.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:24:54 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 11:47:58 AM »
 :Soldier_salute :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »
I think it is a mistake to divide the troops.This, as a principle of military tactics.If the forces are united, you have the opportunity to maneuver better, If you command a division and divide forces, the result of obtaining advantages, is limited. if you remain united, you have an army corps, So you can detach a brigade and send it to an established point (as a reserve or guarding an objective) with the remaining forces, you fight the enemy together with the ally If, on the other hand, there is a division and the brigades are divided, the remaining forces will be insufficient to cope with an enemy attack that has a division. Another important factor, if you reach the goal, you must defend any cost, I consider it useless to divide forces to intercept the enemy who is marching to achieve the goal. If you are lucky enough to arrive first on the target, you have time to deploy men ready for battle, when the The enemy comes in view of the objective, is still on the march and takes some time before he can attack, so he will be exposed to the fire of artillery and skirmishers, so you will have an initial tactical advantage  :grin_2 :Napoleonic soldier :Soldier_salute :French sodier with flag :Vive :chg
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline General Sandman

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »
I think it is a mistake to divide the troops.This, as a principle of military tactics.If the forces are united, you have the opportunity to maneuver better, If you command a division and divide forces, the result of obtaining advantages, is limited. if you remain united, you have an army corps, So you can detach a brigade and send it to an established point (as a reserve or guarding an objective) with the remaining forces, you fight the enemy together with the ally If, on the other hand, there is a division and the brigades are divided, the remaining forces will be insufficient to cope with an enemy attack that has a division. Another important factor, if you reach the goal, you must defend any cost, I consider it useless to divide forces to intercept the enemy who is marching to achieve the goal. If you are lucky enough to arrive first on the target, you have time to deploy men ready for battle, when the The enemy comes in view of the objective, is still on the march and takes some time before he can attack, so he will be exposed to the fire of artillery and skirmishers, so you will have an initial tactical advantage  :grin_2 :Napoleonic soldier :Soldier_salute :French sodier with flag :Vive :chg

All right, General Colbert. So, according your point, you Commanders violated pricibles of military tactics and gloriously succeeded.  :French sodier with flag  :winner  :sifone
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Just saw the replay after returning from medical assistance to treat a battle wound (power failure while playing :'().

I think we played a great battle, 6000 casualties inflicted and only 3600 sustained. Sandman, your manoeuvre to reach the objective after the disengagement from two french infantry division under mitra was simply brilliant :notworthy

And I don't think we could have more luck if we choose the other road to the east; probably the enemy would cut us from the objective placing the two division in front of us (north-south direction).

I think we couldn't do other than what we did once we found the enemy on the road.

My mistakes as commander were to not understand immediately that cavalry and infantry enemy divisions were not behind the column we engaged but quietly walking north of us.

Finally I think that if you had more time you could take that objective. At the objective we had nearly double their troops.

Probably this is what Colbert meant. Anyway my idea is that it's not always a mistake to divide troops, it depends on the situation and on how many men you detach. In this battle, regardless of the fact that you reach the objective before us (you'll pay for this :walk_plank), our plan to block incoming divisions with few troops on good defensive ground worked pretty well.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Biondo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
Forgot to post video of the battle from mitra's perspective :howdy

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »

everything can be changed in a battle, I mean, that it is not advisable to split the troops, I do not even mean that we must march together, we must have a right distance to allow the re-join forces in a short time and not give life to two separate battles. As Napoleon said, march divided and fight together :Soldier_salute :French sodier with flag :Vive :chg

All right, General Colbert. So, according your point, you Commanders violated pricibles of military tactics and gloriously succeeded.  :French sodier with flag  :winner  :sifone
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »
A blocking force in the correct location can make a big difference to the outcome of a battle.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline JasonPratt

• Now let us see what the future will bring...
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
Or even a "friction" force, blocking on the oblique so to speak (the position I got into with my brigade in my last battle).
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Mp Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg videos (finished)

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

Survive Harder! Season Two complete; Blood Bowl Amazons AAR

Tags:

Multiplayer Battle Wednesday 28.03.2018

Started by General Sandman

Replies: 5
    Views: 3496
    Last post March 28, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4554
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10493
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9475
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Multiplayer With D.O.W.

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 12495
    Last post November 16, 2016, 06:04:19 PM
    by Asid