Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 13/12/17  (Read 6617 times)

Offline General Sandman

Re: SOW Waterloo Multiplayer Wednesday 13/12/17
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »
This was indeed more marching than battling.  :P

As the commander of the french cavalry division, I am sorry, that my units didnt interveen soon enough, although increasing the stances of the brigades and myself.  :deadhorse

I am not sure. Perhaps there is an issue with the maps borders. My division was operating at the maps boudaries. Perhaps when deploying a line formation and a part of the line would be located outside the boundaries, the formation cannot complete the deployment order properly and therefore doesnt operate effectively regarding engagements.

On the other hand, maybe because of a misunderstanding, the french divisions operated in a narrow corridor between a river and the map borders, so the units might disturb each other while deploying attack lines.  :grouphugg

It would be good to know, if these assumptions apply, so its easier for the generals to better prevent certain problems in the future.

But the time we had left for fighting was interesting as always.  :duel

Good job, you prussian Generals.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:58:05 PM by General Sandman »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Who we were

“We were the ones who knew but did not understand, well informed but without insight, overloaded with factual data but poor in experience and wisdom. So we went, not stopped by ourselves."

Based on Roger Willemsen R.I.P.

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 07:39:51 PM »
regardless of playing SOW being in your company (even if I do not speak English) is for me, a real pleasure  :howdy
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Offline Colbert

• Colbert
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
This was indeed more marching than battling.  :P

As the commander of the french cavalry division, I am sorry, that my units didnt interveen soon enough, although increasing the stances of the brigades and myself.  :deadhorse

I am not sure. Perhaps there is an issue with the maps borders. My division was operating at the maps boudaries. Perhaps when deploying a line formation and a part of the line would be located outside the boundaries, the formation cannot complete the deployment order properly and therefore doesnt operate effectively regarding engagements.

On the other hand, maybe because of a misunderstanding, the french divisions operated in a narrow corridor between a river and the map borders, so the units might disturb each other while employing attack lines.  :grouphugg

It would be good to know, if these assumptions apply, so its easier for the generals to better prevent certain problems in the future.

I have always said that the deployment of troops, is of fundamental importance in order to play the battle to have a good chance of winning, in the Napoleonic battles, they expected many hours before starting the attack on the enemy  :grouphugg

But the time we had left for fighting was interesting as always.  :duel

Good job, you prussian Generals.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
nemo me impune lacessit

Tags:

***June 16th 1815, 10:30 AM Battle of Ath*** Wednesday 26/01/2022 at 21:00 GMT

Started by Biondo

Replies: 2
    Views: 1267
    Last post January 26, 2022, 05:45:55 PM
    by Colbert
    SOW Waterloo MP AAR Seen from Div commander perspective army vs army

Started by ushiri

Replies: 2
    Views: 4623
    Last post December 19, 2016, 09:54:58 PM
    by ushiri
    Subscriptions for the beta version of DOW Scourge of War Multiplayer Campaign

Started by mitra76

Replies: 10
    Views: 9595
    Last post November 11, 2019, 06:12:18 PM
    by Morhys
    SOW Waterloo play today 28/11/16 + AAR

Started by Asid

Replies: 17
    Views: 10615
    Last post November 29, 2016, 12:41:09 PM
    by Mr. Digby
    Re: SOW: Waterloo online MP battle Friday 04.05.18 at 20.00 GMT